PDA

View Full Version : Mega V-Twin Meet Sat22nd July - Who?

Paranoid Dave
19-07-2006, 09:23 AM
So who's thinking of going to east kirkby on saturday then?

Spareshack will be there with some bargains, and i don't want the other clubs to out-do us so lets go for a serious turnout.

PD and Pudding-Head will be there, Nonnie and Emily's Driver I know i can count on your support too. I'd like to see at least 30 monsters, we've had 20 the last couple of years so it's not much to ask for and where else can you get a phot of your bike stood lined up in front of a spitfire and a lancaster.

See you there peeps :D

emily's driver
19-07-2006, 09:27 AM
Nonnie and I should be able to come along and hopefully the weather will hold though if it were a little cooler I would not complain. You going to ride up on the 900 then Dave or are you going up on Kylie?

Chappers
19-07-2006, 09:31 AM
Possibly myself (Milton Keynes) but I believe Markus (Milton Keynes), Bladerunner (Cambs) and Red (Cambs) are defo up for this.

emily's driver
19-07-2006, 09:33 AM
Pudding head? oH THATS NOT NICE AND Im telling. What a silly keyboard, it keeps shouting. Dave its Nonnie, of course we are going. See you about middayish, hopefully before. Looking forward to it. Coming on bikes too as my parents seem to have moved in.

Everybody else, its a really good day out, full of fun and its amazing listening to the bombers. I wonder if Rods bike is louder though.

Dont forget your manbag.

neilbaldry
19-07-2006, 09:36 AM
i have saturday free you know, could make it. wheres everyone meeting?

JMo
19-07-2006, 09:46 AM
I'll be there...

As Neil asks, have you got a plan for meeting up? - either prior to arriving and ride in together, or else once we get to the airfield? - is there a dedicated Ducati and or UKMOC parking area?

See you there anyway!

xxx

Paranoid Dave
19-07-2006, 10:31 AM
it should be a UKMOC parking area inside the facility itself, i think theres a DSC space too as well as Buell, Vincent etc. As CJ (buell organiser and creator of this meet) asked me to organise UKMOC I'll be there from 10 at the latest as thats when it opens so I'll make sure all arrivals know where to park.
Sorry i'm not arranging any ride ins, personally I'm staying at a hotel nearby the night before so only have a brief dash in the morning, would suggest those riding over from varying directions make a plan to meet on the way as is done for every other meet. Would suggest a leicester bunch, MK bunch and southern bunch.

It's advertised in this weeks MCN too and there's a pic to give you an idea of how many bikes will be there. I can't wait!!!!!!

bigredduke
19-07-2006, 12:03 PM
I'm planning to be there, really looking forward to it, should be a bit warmer than the weekender!

I'm riding down from the Humber Bridge, anyone joining me?

sidrat
19-07-2006, 08:21 PM
me me me me me me me me me me, just up the road from me, about time something happended nearby!!! see you all there

gjfevans
19-07-2006, 09:43 PM
:thumbsup: I will be there to say hello yer all

Paranoid Dave
19-07-2006, 10:04 PM
goody goody, keep the numbers coming. It could be and probably will be the biggest v-twin meet in the UK

Bodybag
19-07-2006, 11:10 PM
Hopefully I'll be there. Coming with a couple of mates on Aprilia Mille's. Might be joined by one of those straight four jap Fireblade things too. :freak:

Where's the Leicester lot meeting?

bigredduke
20-07-2006, 07:07 AM
Is there an itinery for the day with times/events anywhere?

I have been on the lincolnshire aviation website & there is no mention of the day!

Paranoid Dave
20-07-2006, 07:14 AM
The event is being held at the Lincolnshire Aviation Heritage Centre, East Kirkby, near Spilsby.
Location details can be found @ www.lincsaviation.co.uk

Start time is 10.30 am and admission costs £5.00 per person - which includes £2.00 for the Cystic Fibrosis charity.
'Girls on Buells' get in free.

If you're arriving in a group would you please collect all your admission money together before you ride in. It would help us a lot on the gate - thank you!

In addition to approximately 150 Buells, there'll be Italian V-twins from Aprilia, Cagiva, Ducati, Morini and Moto Guzzi. British bikes will include Brough Superior, Hesketh and Vincent. The Ducati clubs in particular have shown a strong interest. Spareshack will be there too.

Only Buells and European V-twins will be allowed to park within the Aviation Centre itself - all other makes will have to park in the public car park in a safe, secure area.

The event will include a Lancaster bomber taxi-run and a Spitfire flying display. If you like Rolls Royce V12 Merlin engines at full throttle and red-blooded V-twin motorcycles, you'll really appreciate this event!

The timetable is as follows:
10.30 am Start time
12.00 noon to 1.30 pm Photo-call for bikes with the Lancaster
2.00 pm Lancaster bomber taxi-run
3.30 pm Spitfire flying display

Free camping at a pub, located 12 miles from East Kirkby, 10 miles south of Skegness, has been arranged for the Friday and/or Saturday night (21st/22nd July). Please contact Nick Mizon to book. His contact details are phone/text 07870 662293 and e-mail nick.mizon @ virgin.net

Paranoid Dave
20-07-2006, 07:23 AM
Here's a couple of photo's from previous years :D

http://www.ukmonster.co.uk/monster/attachment.php?attachmentid=9909&stc=1&d=1153380074
http://www.ukmonster.co.uk/monster/attachment.php?attachmentid=9908&stc=1&d=1153380064

coronasan
21-07-2006, 01:25 PM
See you there...yellow monster...yellow Corona leathers...Rossi hat...very sweaty...

Mand
21-07-2006, 08:02 PM
Where's the Leicester lot meeting?

I have a poorly bike which is going to mended tomorrow and Al is laid up with a bad back - isn't life great?!? :chuckle:

Chappers
21-07-2006, 10:42 PM
Myself and Markus will be there - weather permitting though.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/weather/24hr.shtml?id=2562

Bodybag
21-07-2006, 11:03 PM
I have a poorly bike which is going to mended tomorrow and Al is laid up with a bad back - isn't life great?!? :chuckle:
Sorry to hear that Mand, hope Al gets well soon. And more importantly, that your bike does too. ;)