PDA

View Full Version : Advice on Monster luggage, please?

Martin C
18-07-2006, 11:22 PM
I'm delighted with my (eBay!) 1995 M900 so far, but will need to carry some fairly minor stuff around on it, and would welcome advice on the best way to do so.

The magnetic tank-bag I use on my Guzzi doesn't work on the Monsta, and the 1970's vintage strap-on(!) one used on my Bullet's polished alloy tank woould look absurd, so any suggestions for suitable tank-bags are welcome.

I know there's a small rear-carrier rack available, but what about soft panniers?

Many thanks,
Martin C

DavidT
21-07-2006, 01:01 PM
The best tank bag I have found for the Monster is the Baglux system - its very secure, come in a variety of sizes from tiny to huge, protects the tank and, although the harness/cover part can be a bit of a struggle getting on, its easy to unclip the bag to fill up.
My favorite panniers were the Fasma type that had a harness strapped to the seat and the bags unclipped. They finally fell to bits and were replaced with Oxford Pro which are also good.
My most useful bit of luggage is a big canoe sack which is totally waterproof – stuff sleeping bag, sleep mat, clothes in it and seal it up. Strap the tent to the bag and bungie the whole lot on to the pillion seat!

David

Redkite2
21-07-2006, 06:31 PM
Givi makes an excellent tank bag designed specially for the Monster, it's the Givi T432. Holds quite a bit of stuff and is easily attached\removed once the straps are fixed to the frame. I leave the straps on the bike when not using the bag and just hook them together to stop them flapping around. I also have a Famsa tank bag which is OK too, but prefer the Givi.
Have Famsa soft luggage roll for the back, about 45 litres I think, as luggage goes, it looks OK too. No good for 2-up though! See piccies:

http://www.xs4all.nl/~redkite2/Famsa01.jpg
http://www.xs4all.nl/~redkite2/Famsa02.jpg

You can see the straps hanging loose for the Givi tankbag there too.

A kriega backpack and a couple of cargo nets for any extras and that's me set for a couple of weeks! :spin:

Mrs Soup
24-07-2006, 01:00 PM
I used to have a top box on the 600, used to get a lot of pizza delivery jokes though!

I have the Ducati official one sided luggage now, but it's too small for an A4 binder!

My arms aren't long enough to fit a tank bag