PDA

View Full Version : Fancy a 999S for about £35 + shipping?

bigredduke
17-07-2006, 01:32 PM
Seems too good to be true (so therefore it probably is!) but for anyone brave enough!
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=110010077340&ssPageName=ADME:B:SS:UK:1

The seller seems to have a lot of stuff on his books.

neilbaldry
17-07-2006, 02:16 PM
oh my lordy lord!!!!! i wonder how much shipping would be?

SazzaG
17-07-2006, 02:34 PM
Hmm, private feedback, and all his other items for sale were posted within a couple of minutes of each other. Dodgy dodgy.

It says the 999 is salvage. Whatever that means?

sjr999r
17-07-2006, 03:24 PM
Seller is in France,but bike in the states,plus his feedback is private wouldnt touch that with a 2 mile barge pole!:thumbsdown: :thumbsdown: :thumbsdown:

nambduke
17-07-2006, 07:22 PM
Think this is a scam....why else would he need your ebay id and email address?

Think I'll give it a wide berth on this ocassion.......

Regards,
nambduke
Mark

bigredduke
17-07-2006, 07:41 PM
I enquired how much shipping would be for the 999, this is the reply I received:

Hello there!

buy it now GBP 1800!

I am located in Greece...and it is in perfect condition....like new,the title is clear

I will pay for shipping!

we are doing this deal under ebay and you will receive a separate notification and invoice about our deal.
Plus the payment details are going to be sent by you to the Trading Assistant and only after you receive and agree with the item, they will release the payment details to me.

please let me know!

So, to sum up, the seller is registered in France but is located in Greece. the bike is in the US and he will pay for shipping, all he wants is £1800! seems like a bargain to me, I will send the money by electronic transfer straightaway!

bigredduke
17-07-2006, 07:56 PM
Curiouser & curiouser! as Alice would say. The item has been ended early and the seller has changed his user ID. What a shame!

Nonnie
17-07-2006, 07:59 PM
Damn, I've already paid by Western Union!

bigredduke
17-07-2006, 08:05 PM
Damn, I've already paid by Western Union!

Can I have a go on it when it arrives please?

Nonnie
17-07-2006, 08:31 PM
Of course! He said he would chuck in loads of goodies too which was nice.

Roberto
19-07-2006, 07:14 AM
OMG is it a plane, is it a duke scammer, noooo its a test tube cat!! :shocked:

thats one large moggy :spin:

Nonnie
19-07-2006, 08:58 AM
Yeah I thought Fatcat would make a good deterrent for scammers on ebay.

conner
19-07-2006, 02:05 PM
a few months ago somebody pulled a similar trick on me but they were located in croyden. all i needed to do was make a western union transfer and the kindly vendor would deliver it for me. even got the supposed emails from ebay telling me how to make the transfer and what a safe method it was. alarm bells going off in every corner i forwarded them to ebay who confirmed to me it was a scam. 2 weeks later somebody emptied 6k from my savings account. about 3 weeks after that somebody drained 2k from various atms in germany from my current account. i was never a violent man but i was beginning to fantasise about them me and a darkened room with a baseball bat. all seperate incidents as far as i can tell but seems an awful coincidence.

Nonnie
19-07-2006, 03:01 PM
What information did you give them Connor?

conner
21-07-2006, 08:42 AM
my address and nothing more, i did think there was some trojan software attached to the emails and infected my work computer but the first transfer could be explained by my use of an internet cafe and i was told it is impossible to get your card pin online so a copy of my card must have been made for the second incidence. maybe a camera on an atm or a dodgy chip and pin machine.