PDA

View Full Version : Look what Markus did to my arse!

Chappers
17-07-2006, 12:33 PM
Finally, I got the balls to have my arse chopped - I know, I know, I know; there are some of you screaming 'WHY?!' when it's a brand new bike and I've only had it 5mins but it had to go :thumbsup:

Thanks for the 'tail-chop kit' JMo and a special thanks with chocolate sprinkles on top to Markus for actually performing the operation - I owe you a strawberry corneto me thinks :p

Dave G
17-07-2006, 12:39 PM
let us know how you get on in the rain:worried:

Chappers
17-07-2006, 12:41 PM
let us know how you get on in the rain:worried:

I don't ride in the rain ;)

Gilps
17-07-2006, 12:57 PM
That looks very good. I may have to lose the Termis and see about getting the stock cans cored out. The standard cans look very smart with the tail chop. A job well done. And you are right about the wet stuff. If I wanted to ride in the rain I'd have bought a BMW.

Chappers
17-07-2006, 01:12 PM
I may have to lose the Termis and see about getting the stock cans cored out. The standard cans look very smart with the tail chop

I was worried how the cans would look against the tail-chop but I think they sit quite nicely and inline - I'm well chuffed :thumbsup:

sjr999r
17-07-2006, 01:23 PM
Looks good,what bits u after now?????:drunk:

Black Ferret
17-07-2006, 01:25 PM
Hi Chappers,

Looking good.

Thinking of tail chopping mine.

Any chance of some pics with the seat off showing us your mount points and brackets? Phnar, phnar.

ferret

Chappers
17-07-2006, 01:33 PM
Looks good,what bits u after now?????:drunk:

I'm not doing any major mods on her at the mo due to lack of funds plus worried about messing the 2yr warranty up, so nothing major planned.

I've got a large bellypan but not sure whether to modify the pan to fit around the cat or save some pennies to buy the link pipe and ditch the cat :scratch:

Hunky Mark at JHP has assured me that as long as the link pipe is a genuine DP part my warranty will not be effected, he also confirmed that the tail-chop wouldn't effect my warranty as long as I stuck to using the standard rearlight and indicators which I have done :mand:

Then it's just bar end mirrors, R&G fork protectors, rear hugger and clear belt covers really...until the 2yr warranty runs out ;)

Chappers
17-07-2006, 01:36 PM
Any chance of some pics with the seat off showing us your mount points and brackets? Phnar, phnar.

ferret

It's all very tidy under there I can assure you, in fact hasn't JMo put some pics up here somewhere showing that?

I will try to remember to take some for you on Wednesday night which is when I'm next out on the bike (she doesn't live with me I'm afraid) :thumbsdown: otherwise I would take some today when I get home.

Black Ferret
17-07-2006, 01:42 PM
I've got a large bellypan but not sure whether to modify the pan to fit around the cat or save some pennies to buy the link pipe and ditch the cat :scratch:

Saving your pennies? I was qouted £250 for DP link pipes by local Ducati dealer. That was back in March. They said they'd let me know when they got them in. I'm still waiting.

Black Ferret
17-07-2006, 01:46 PM
It's all very tidy under there I can assure you, in fact hasn't JMo put some pics up here somewhere showing that?

I will try to remember to take some for you on Wednesday night which is when I'm next out on the bike (she doesn't live with me I'm afraid) :thumbsdown: otherwise I would take some today when I get home.

Doh, I should have been able to tell it was a JMo job from use of the original 'guard

neilbaldry
17-07-2006, 02:02 PM
looks great chapperz!

i wonder if Markus fancies a trip oop 'ere again, to do mine, and to gaze at my new system (when it gets here)

Chappers
17-07-2006, 02:04 PM
looks great chapperz!

i wonder if Markus fancies a trip oop 'ere again, to do mine, and to gaze at my new system (when it gets here)

After the amount of swearing whilst doing mine, I'd probably think that would be a no...unless you go for the clear all-in-one rear light unit as he said that was a piece of cake :spin:

Bobble
17-07-2006, 03:40 PM
Now that's a tidy arse!:rolleyes:

It looks really good, I must now order a kit from JMo, I've been thinking about it for a while and now I think it's time:banana:

On a side note: I bought the DP link pipe and had it fitted on Sat (along with open clutch cover etc) You can certainly feel the difference in the midrange, it feels so much more responsive, and it gives a slightly louder "bark" too, well worth it, and thats with the orig silencers.

Bobble

Roberto
17-07-2006, 05:22 PM
:thumbsup: Well done chappers :D

slob
17-07-2006, 05:26 PM
I ditched the hideous dangly reflector and slapped a stick-on one from the local car shop on the number plate light.

sjr999r
17-07-2006, 05:56 PM
After the amount of swearing whilst doing mine, I'd probably think that would be a no...unless you go for the clear all-in-one rear light unit as he said that was a piece of cake :spin:

ive taken the 749/999 rear light job off mine,gone for one of those clear all-in-one jobs (LED)....cool,neat,BUUUUTTTTTT.Old mate came up to ballance the carbs the other day and hes an MOT tester,'Thats a neat light there si,wheres the indicators???' 'errr in it bud' 'Oh,thats not goner pass the MOT aslong as uv'e got a hole in your arse:on: :spin: !!!!!' But yes it looks dead cool and neat,as chappers said a **** load easyer.

Banshee
17-07-2006, 09:35 PM
But yes take that bloody reflector off.

markus
18-07-2006, 07:29 AM
After the amount of swearing whilst doing mine, I'd probably think that would be a no...
Yeah there was some swearing going on - but only when trying to remount the number plate light - the chop itself is the easiest thang to do - i reckomend it to all!!!!!!!!!!
And Mr Baldry - I'll make ya a deal, if you come to me this time i'll do it - what do ya reckon??? either way i wana check out those Zards!!!
Chappers - check us out with our match shiny chopped asses!

Will
18-07-2006, 08:05 AM
Finally, I got the balls to have my arse chopped - I know, I know, I know; there are some of you screaming 'WHY?!' when it's a brand new bike and I've only had it 5mins but it had to go :thumbsup:

Thanks for the 'tail-chop kit' JMo and a special thanks with chocolate sprinkles on top to Markus for actually performing the operation - I owe you a strawberry corneto me thinks :p

Well that's halfed the re-sale value now that you have weakened the rear sub-frame :shocked: it's a barbaric act and should be illegal!

Chappers
18-07-2006, 09:07 AM
On a side note: I bought the DP link pipe and had it fitted on Sat (along with open clutch cover etc) You can certainly feel the difference in the midrange, it feels so much more responsive, and it gives a slightly louder "bark" too, well worth it, and thats with the orig silencers.

Bobble

If you don't mind me asking, how much did the DP link pipe cost? Unfortunately, there's no chance of me having an open clutch cover...it could get messy :p

Chappers
18-07-2006, 09:08 AM
I ditched the hideous dangly reflector and slapped a stick-on one from the local car shop on the number plate light.

That's the one niggly thing at the mo - I hate the reflector :thumbsdown:

Chappers
18-07-2006, 09:09 AM
ive taken the 749/999 rear light job off mine,gone for one of those clear all-in-one jobs (LED)....cool,neat,BUUUUTTTTTT.Old mate came up to ballance the carbs the other day and hes an MOT tester,'Thats a neat light there si,wheres the indicators???' 'errr in it bud' 'Oh,thats not goner pass the MOT aslong as uv'e got a hole in your arse:on: :spin: !!!!!' But yes it looks dead cool and neat,as chappers said a **** load easyer.

That's why I didn't go for the all-in-one, didn't want hassle with MoT even though it doesn't need one for donkies yet ;)

markus
18-07-2006, 09:10 AM
Well that's halfed the re-sale value now that you have weakened the rear sub-frame it's a barbaric act and should be illegal!

weakened the sub frame??????, it's a piddly little bit of metal that hangs of the end - no structural integrity what so ever!
And as for the resale value, it's such a common mod that the only place it could seriously count against you was if you were trying to sell it to a dealer (i very much doubt it'll make a difference on trade in)
And in either case it's so easy to reverse to an almost invisible state - especially with the hideous tea tray put back over it that there really is no argument.
and i thought biking lead to some individualality and creativity

look at me having a rant - ha ha

Chappers
18-07-2006, 09:23 AM
Well that's halfed the re-sale value now that you have weakened the rear sub-frame :shocked: it's a barbaric act and should be illegal!

Oh wind your neck in Will :chuckle:

The majority of monnies are getting their tails chopped and at the end of the day it's down to personal taste.

I bet JMo has sold a fair few kits - they're obviously in demand:woot:

I plan on keeping this bike for a very long time... unless I happen to write it off :eyepopping: so re-sale value to me is meaningless :spin:

Bobble
18-07-2006, 09:49 AM
If you don't mind me asking, how much did the DP link pipe cost? Unfortunately, there's no chance of me having an open clutch cover...it could get messy :p

£285.00 fitted and fuelling set-up. Not a bad price I thought when you consider how much a pair of Termi sils are:shocked:

Oh... and I totally agree about your clutch :eyepopping:

Chappers
18-07-2006, 10:39 AM
Wow - that is good :thumbsup:

JHP have just quoted me £252.11 for the link pipe plus 2hrs labour at £90 + VAT :grump:

neilbaldry
18-07-2006, 11:25 AM
Mr Baldry - I'll make ya a deal, if you come to me this time i'll do it - what do ya reckon??? either way i wana check out those Zards!!!

Aha! your on! but i dunno when it will be! the Zards should be here this week. bopefully. i might ring stu at spareshack and see if he can gimme any sort of time for delivery.

and i got a pretty busy 4 weeks coming up. im currently on nights, then on sunday im off to Leconfield for a week to learn how to drive a fork lift. then i have 2 days guard training, and an appointment at P'boro hospital week after Leconfield. then the week after that im on guard!

so i reckon it could be done around the 6th august? thats the only free weekend i have (well its free now, things might change before then lol) untill the end of august.

MrsJel
18-07-2006, 11:31 AM
Really like the way its turned out - but as I do ride in the wet it just wouldn't be practical (can't believe I've called a duc practical?).

Carole

PS just had 1st service
PPS nearly melted fetching it back.

Gilps
18-07-2006, 12:05 PM
I don't understand what the problem is with riding in the wet. Sure, you may get more spray coming off the back wheel but surely your front is going to get wet too from all the rain. Unless of course you are wearing waterproofs in which case your back will stay as dry as your front. Or have I missed something?:dunce:

Will
18-07-2006, 01:03 PM
Oh wind your neck in Will :chuckle:

The majority of monnies are getting their tails chopped and at the end of the day it's down to personal taste.

I bet JMo has sold a fair few kits - they're obviously in demand:woot:

I plan on keeping this bike for a very long time... unless I happen to write it off :eyepopping: so re-sale value to me is meaningless :spin:

Apologies I spelt "halved" incorrectly :on:

You are just a bunch of hooligans :-)

I'll put you straight on a few things when I next see you in Sawtry. Mend you ways sharpish girly! :mand: ;)

P.S. hope you realise that this is all just fun - I do worry that some take things far too seriously :on:

Chappers
18-07-2006, 01:23 PM
Apologies I spelt "halved" incorrectly :on:

You are just a bunch of hooligans :-)

I'll put you straight on a few things when I next see you in Sawtry. Mend you ways sharpish girly! :mand: ;)

P.S. hope you realise that this is all just fun - I do worry that some take things far too seriously :on:

I know how to take you Mr Will but others may not ;)

When are you gonna show your face again? Since selling your Monnie we haven't seen you - BMW rider too ashamed to be seen with Dukes? :chuckle:

markus
18-07-2006, 01:25 PM
so i reckon it could be done around the 6th august
Neil whenever dude - just throw us a call or a text and head on down to the milk 'n' beans and i'll sharpen me saw!

P.S. hope you realise that this is all just fun - I do worry that some take things far too seriously
Oh god yeah - I just enjoy a good rant - there's nowt like a heated debate to keep you entertained at work!

Chappers
18-07-2006, 01:41 PM
I don't understand what the problem is with riding in the wet. Sure, you may get more spray coming off the back wheel but surely your front is going to get wet too from all the rain. Unless of course you are wearing waterproofs in which case your back will stay as dry as your front. Or have I missed something?:dunce:

Tbh, doesn't really bother me riding in the wet but I don't enjoy it as much.

When I chopped the tail off my M600 I found I used to get the odd splatter up my back or on the seat but that's easily cleaned off :mand:

Bodybag
18-07-2006, 03:12 PM
I used to get the odd splatter up my back or on the seat but that's easily cleaned off :mand:

Is that when you're riding the S4RS?

Will
18-07-2006, 11:08 PM
I know how to take you Mr Will but others may not ;)

When are you gonna show your face again? Since selling your Monnie we haven't seen you - BMW rider too ashamed to be seen with Dukes? :chuckle:

So much to do - so little time. When are you next in Sawtry?

Will buy another Monster one day - problem is I also want a sports bike - tested the BMW K1200S on Sat - WOW! I want one! Soooooooo much smoooooth power, the Aston Martin of bikes I reckon - with 167bhp and soooo easy to ride one needs to exercise extreme self control otherwise it could all go horribly wrong very quickly.

Chappers
19-07-2006, 08:23 AM
So much to do - so little time. When are you next in Sawtry?

Chelveston Bike Show on Sunday 30th July with Red & Bladerunner - you coming? :thumbsup:

I hope I don't get rat bike award :on:

Will
19-07-2006, 09:05 PM
Chelveston Bike Show on Sunday 30th July with Red & Bladerunner - you coming? :thumbsup:

I hope I don't get rat bike award :on:

Should be free for this one :)

squiffything
20-07-2006, 07:45 AM
looks great but the same old question has to be asked Where do you now put you're coffee cup when you're cleaning her? I thought that was the reason it was put there in the first place!

seriously though it does look the business