PDA

View Full Version : Bumble's 3rd Annual BBQ 30/7/06

Lady-Bob
17-07-2006, 09:32 AM
Sunday 30th July 2006 1pm onwards

Good turnouts every year so far. And superb weather each time to boot! :D Last year being an excellent day with members new & old from afar making the ride up to join us. :hail:

So this year needs organising. :scratch:

Everyone is welcome. :heart:

If you are vegetarian or there are specific foods you can't eat (like coeliacs) PLEASE LET US KNOW so we can make sure you are catered for.

The usual will be on offer (burgers, spare ribs, chicken, sossies etc., with salads, dips etc.)

There will be heaps of soft drinks on offer, but if you want an alcoholic drink please bring your own as we do not promote drink-driving! :look:

There is an off-licence 2 min walk from Bumbles house. A petrol garage a spit away from that!

If you are able to bring the odd bottle of diet coke or lemonade it will be gratefully accepted, but apart from that just bring yourselves and a smile!

Albie usually likes to head in a group so I'm sure he'll post up soon when and where to meet with him if you so wish. :woot:

Please pm me for Bumble's address and put your name on the list if you are coming.

If you find that later on you are unable to come, please try and let us know so that we don't waste money catering for too many people.

Lady-Bob
17-07-2006, 09:34 AM
Those coming that I know of at the moment (please correct if I'm wrong) or add your name if you want to join in the fun!

(feel free to bring a LARGE water pistol!!)

Bumble
Lady-Bob
Stewart
Gully
Albie
Caroline

CK & AK
17-07-2006, 09:43 AM
sorry Bob, we wont be able to make it this year as we are off 'oop norf' that w/end for drag racing:(

Anyone else, this is a really good BBQ to go to & meet lots of folk :cool: as we did at the inaugural one 2 years ago:D

C:)

Lady-Bob
17-07-2006, 10:06 AM
Such a shame you can't make it. Thanks for letting me know. Hope to catch up with you sometime soon :heart:

MilesB
17-07-2006, 10:12 AM
Bumble
Lady-Bob
Stewart
Gully
Albie
Caroline
MilesB
Susan

Manda
24-07-2006, 11:59 AM
Hi ya, got home ok yesterday, enjoyed the scenic ride to Camber.
Have ya got details on how to get to bar-b-q or maybe if theres someone from down souf going i could hook up with them?

Nonnie
24-07-2006, 12:03 PM
Gagnammit Bob, we canÃ*t make it.

Apparently, IÃ*ve been told to buy a dress as I am being whisked away this weekend. I donÃ*t know where. I donÃ*t know why but I know weÃ*ll meet again some sunny day............

Nonnie
24-07-2006, 12:04 PM
Apologies for the foreign keyboard crap xx

MilesB
24-07-2006, 02:46 PM
Hi ya, got home ok yesterday, enjoyed the scenic ride to Camber.
Have ya got details on how to get to bar-b-q or maybe if theres someone from down souf going i could hook up with them?
Do you know the Oakdene Cafe ?
Here http://www.multimap.com/map/browse.cgi?pc=TN157RR

A few of us will get together there for a ride in together... get there before 12:30.

Manda
25-07-2006, 07:55 AM
Put my name down for bar b, if weather looks good i'll meet up at Oakdene cafe then.

MilesB
25-07-2006, 08:38 AM
Locals:
Bumble
Lady-Bob
Stewart
Gully

Ride In:
Albie
Caroline
MilesB (via Oakdene)
Susan (via Oakdene)
Manda (via Oakdene)

Lady-Bob
25-07-2006, 09:17 AM
Didge & Jan mentioned they were coming, but not sure exactly where they're from as to whether we just see them at Bumbles??

MilesB
25-07-2006, 12:07 PM
Didge & Jan mentioned they were coming, but not sure exactly where they're from as to whether we just see them at Bumbles??
I think they are both still swanning around the Med on the QE2 - tough life huh! I'm sure we'd have heard by now if he was coming... but of course, Didge don't read the detail of the Kent threads as we know from his previous rant :hissy: :mand:

scrapps
25-07-2006, 02:25 PM
Hi i hope to be up for a bbq on sunday will meet up at oakdene and join the run in, may bring new bird if she is free ?

Lady-Bob
26-07-2006, 09:11 AM
All welcome hunny.

We'd be delighted to meet "new bird" (strange name tho!?)

Did you see Jacket thread?? I'll bring it with me if you still need a jacket?

Bumble
26-07-2006, 10:56 AM
Locals:
Bumble
Lady-Bob
Stewart
Gully

Ride In:
Albie
Caroline
MilesB (via Oakdene)
Susan (via Oakdene)
Manda (via Oakdene)
Scrapps (via Oakdene)

Anyone know if Critch would like to come along? I know he doesn't look in on the forum very often.

Gadget
26-07-2006, 12:10 PM
Work has been cancelled again this weekend so it looks as if I will be out to play.

Lady-Bob
27-07-2006, 10:52 AM
Work has been cancelled again this weekend so it looks as if I will be out to play.

Excellent News GaryN

Sorry I've missed you on the last few rideouts. It will be nice to catch up with you again.

Can all Paintballers who are coming to the BBQ please bring £5.00 for the paintballing fee (it'll save postage and cheque writing etc.,)

If you're skint at the mo and can't pay it then, that's ok... just let me know please and you can pay me later.

MilesB
27-07-2006, 10:57 AM
Start praying for good weather - as at the mo it's looking a bit soggy for Sunday:grump: ... of course, that could all change by then :dizzy:

MilesB
28-07-2006, 03:41 PM
Start praying for good weather - as at the mo it's looking a bit soggy for Sunday:grump: ... of course, that could all change by then :dizzy:
Or maybe not... forcast as of Friday pm is for 3/4" of rain on Sunday.... :eek:
Gawd knows my garden needs it, but I hope that Bar-B-Q is waterproof :fiery: !

Albie
29-07-2006, 08:02 PM
Locals:
Bumble
Lady-Bob
Stewart
Gully

Ride In:
Albie
Caroline
MilesB (via Oakdene)
Susan (via Oakdene)
Manda (via Oakdene)
Scrapps (via Oakdene)

Anyone know if Critch would like to come along? I know he doesn't look in on the forum very often.
Were going via oakdene. See you there rain or shine. Alan C if you are going have you got the oakley arms at all.

MilesB
29-07-2006, 08:22 PM
Or maybe not... forcast as of Friday pm is for 3/4" of rain on Sunday.... :eek:
Gawd knows my garden needs it, but I hope that Bar-B-Q is waterproof :fiery: !
I think the phrase is "Jammy Git!" looks like you're gonna get away with it - latest forcast is for light rain am, and dry pm...
My poor garden :cry:

See you folks at the Oakdene - leaving there at 12:30 pm:thumbsup:

gary tompkins
29-07-2006, 10:12 PM
Locals:
Bumble
Lady-Bob
Stewart
Gully
GT

Ride In:
Albie
Caroline
MilesB (via Oakdene)
Susan (via Oakdene)
Manda (via Oakdene)
Scrapps (via Oakdene)

I'll try ringing Paul in the morning as it's a bit late tonight - I thought LadyBob had his mobile too? I'll txt him - but would have thought we'd have heard if he was up for it by now?

Albie
30-07-2006, 08:21 PM
Happy Birthday Bumble.Me and caroline had a really good time a per usual. Great company as always. Nice to see Didge back:toilet: . Shame Jan didnt make it.. Good of Manda to trek up too.Hope you got home safe without the plod. Cant remember Bobs friend as its gone but she is so nice and friendly and made me laugh.Bob you were a great hostess and thanks too the chef. Sorry Rick had to divert for fuel as light came on as started motorway and do not trust reserve. Thanks Kenties.:bucks: :drunk:

gary tompkins
30-07-2006, 10:40 PM
Thanks for a great afternoon and top nosh - those spicy drumsticks were ace :thumbsup:

Nice surprise to see Didge too - assumed he was still busy crop dusting on the QE2 :mand:

See you all soon

Gadget
31-07-2006, 05:53 AM
Thanks to Bumble and Bob for a fun afternoon.
Good to meet Didge and the regulars.
Paintballing in Septmeber... should be interesting:scratch:

scrapps
31-07-2006, 09:26 AM
Thank to bumble for invite to bbq had good afternoon with good company, nice to see regular kent crew and to meet some new people. as gary said top nosh.. cheers to albie for leading us in . (see you out on bike soon bumble)

Manda
31-07-2006, 09:38 AM
Thanks for Barbie! a good afternoon had by all and Bobs mate was a scream, hearing about all her bike antics.
I managed to get home without gettin pulled by the plod again!!!

Lady-Bob
31-07-2006, 09:42 AM
Happy Birthday Bumble.Me and caroline had a really good time a per usual. Great company as always. Nice to see Didge back:toilet: . Shame Jan didnt make it.. Good of Manda to trek up too.Hope you got home safe without the plod. Cant remember Bobs friend as its gone but she is so nice and friendly and made me laugh.Bob you were a great hostess and thanks too the chef. Sorry Rick had to divert for fuel as light came on as started motorway and do not trust reserve. Thanks Kenties.:bucks: :drunk:

Her name was Jenner.

I met her 2 years ago at Bat Motorcycles in Biggin Hill.

She hobbled up to me and said " 'ere, you're a girlie. Wanna come for a ride one day? I'm tryin' to get a group of girl riders together."

So I gave her my mobile number and thought I'd hear no more. :look:

2 months later, I get a call and she's asking if I want to ride down to Brighton. We got on brilliantly and the rest is history!

Thanks to everyone (especialy the two gazebo holders :D ) for coming along.

Bumble hasn't looked so happy for years and the Barbeque really capped it off well for him I think. It was nice to see my brother smiling and laughing for a change. Perhaps his Victor Meldrew stage is finally coming to an end!

Once again, the weather was good. It's raining today so Milesb should be happy now!

P.S get some specs Albie... you posted the Bucks logo... not the Kent one!

Albie
31-07-2006, 06:21 PM
P.S get some specs Albie... you posted the Bucks logo... not the Kent one!
Hmmph how dare they have a smilie like ours. I didnt realise tbh as I thought we were lucky first only. Ha ha.
Actually I do need some specs as cant see close up just distance. Im getting old Hun.:tgoe: :tgoe:

GULLY
31-07-2006, 09:58 PM
Thank you to Bumble & Bob for the invite to the BBQ yesterday. Had a really great time and food and company excellent. Good to see you all again. See you all soon.:mand:
sorry had to go so soon but family time.
Gully:cool:

gary tompkins
01-08-2006, 07:43 PM
Any good photo's to post up? :)

Lady-Bob
02-08-2006, 08:42 AM
I'll see what I got... it's a new camera so I need a little time to get to grips with it. Watch this space!

Lady-Bob
08-08-2006, 09:31 AM
Here are a few photo's of the day.....

What a strange Gold ear-ring Gully is sporting!!!!!

Lady-Bob
08-08-2006, 09:42 AM
Here are a few more...

GULLY
12-08-2006, 08:32 PM
Hi Bob
The pictures are great,we all look very relaxed
Gully:tgoe:

gary tompkins
12-08-2006, 10:49 PM
I think that was due to the smoke from the BBQ

It has the same effect on bees apparently?