PDA

View Full Version : Motor Show, Central London - next week

Chappers
14-07-2006, 06:05 PM
Anyone going?

If so, do you want the 2 tickets I've got for FREE to have a go at the Zoom Zoom Mazda Challenge? You still have to purchase tickets to the actual Motor Show.

Basically I think you get a test ride in a few Mazda's on the day but you will be issued with a timeslot which I have to obtain from the website and write onto my passes.

So if anyone wants them, let me know what day you're going and I'll get a time slot for that day put on the passes.

The Kevlar Kid
14-07-2006, 07:05 PM
I'm going:biggrin: but I'll be working one of the stands for the few days I'm there so I won't get time for any fun like that - bugger..

lord vader
14-07-2006, 11:38 PM
Chappers,
I'm going on Sunday 30th i'd be up for it if there still available.
if you need a time slot morning pref but not lunch as i have a Land Rover launch'n'lunch to go to at 1230.

Vader

neilkerry
15-07-2006, 12:51 AM
im off to it on the weds....are thay valid for trade day?
if they are, i know you dont know me from adam, but i would still love you if you gave them away!

xxx

Chappers
15-07-2006, 09:52 AM
Gone to Lord Vader - sorry, first come first served.

neilkerry
15-07-2006, 05:24 PM
fair enough.....i have six free tickets available for the week.....put your names down and I will see how many are left out of my local friends who dont want to go...the rest are welcome for you guyz...

neilkerry
15-07-2006, 05:36 PM
4 have been earmarked although not difinate - 2 left...

lord vader
15-07-2006, 11:18 PM
Chappers Rocks

Thanks again I'll post a pic to show our enjoyment.

Chappers
17-07-2006, 10:11 AM
im off to it on the weds....are thay valid for trade day?
if they are, i know you dont know me from adam, but i would still love you if you gave them away!

xxx

Just found out they couldn't be used for the trade day anyway hun.

Chappers
17-07-2006, 10:12 AM
Chappers Rocks

Thanks again I'll post a pic to show our enjoyment.

You best read your PM - you may not be happy with the timeslot that is available for that day.

Let me know, coz I can put them back on here if it's too late in the day for you.

lord vader
17-07-2006, 05:16 PM
Thanks chappers but that is going to be a bit late for us sadly, Hope someone else can make good use of them.

vader

neilkerry
17-07-2006, 06:07 PM
ok, still no takers for the tickets.....it appears that you cant even give these tickets away!!!!!

never mind...least we tried!

bigredduke
17-07-2006, 09:08 PM
ok, still no takers for the tickets.....it appears that you cant even give these tickets away!!!!!

never mind...least we tried!

I have a couple of mates who could make good use of them, are they restricted times/dates?

Chappers
18-07-2006, 09:57 AM
2 tickets for free available again as the time slot on 30th July was too late for Lord Vader to use - bless him, he was well excited too.

neilkerry
19-07-2006, 11:02 PM
:spin: ok....been there and done it....

on the hottest day of the year at a scorching 36 degress!!!!!

I went on business day, so i shall try to translate the following into public days!

Heres a little info if anyone is interested....

some lovely cars on show...really good...quite a few custom cars there this year, some nice things for the kiddies to do...slot cars, mini spaceinvaders....games to play, remote control car racing...the list is quite comprehensive!!...

Lots of manufacturers are not there....check the show listings if yoiu are going to see some new models specifically.

Only two inside halls...if any of you watched top gear the other night, you will gauge an idea on how big the actual show is....if anyone has visited the motorshow in previous years at NEC will be surprised at how much they have 'downsized' the show. Saying this the layout is easy to navigate and not get lost, rest assured a full day on public access should allow you to see everything on offer!

Interactive events such as 'zoom zoom', 'adventure land', and the 4x4 experience' need to be booked to go on, if you want to go on these then book when you get in, as que's and slots will dissapear quickly (There are only so many hours in a day yknow!)

On public days, everything costs money!!! (What did you expect!) ranging from inexpensive fun - slot cars to costly £5!! - to ride all the rides you are looking at £20 - £30. Food - unsure, some were expinsive some wernt!, might be an idea for the familys to take a packed lunch 'backup'

Zoom Zoom - Mazda challenge, drive top of range MX5 and RX8 PZ edition (Nice) around the smallest track you can imagine as fast as possible! fun!

4x4 - Sit in and be driven - course goes up, down, round, lean, bump, drop stop. - range and land rover

Adventure Land - custom built rough surfaces, similar but much longer than above, with lots of different 4x4 vehicles to ride in

VX Racing - remote control shinanigans

Slot cars - ninco 6 lane track £1 !! cheapest event!!

Simulator - rally, bike and stuff

Mini invaders - full size mini, space invaders game - great fun, you gotta see it!, ps: go and see the mini's for a few unusual things!!

did I say nice cars....

all being said, the day was a good day...not a great mind, cos I got stuck in traffic in london (drove not rode) of all places to hold one of the biggest uk events (in terms of footfall) seemed a tad unusual to have it at the docklands.....which if you have never been to is rather cool!

if anyone made it this far, I still have tickets available to go between the 24th and 28th (weekday).....is there anyone here? did you get bored?...why did i write all this is probably what you are asking....why did I write it....cos I wanted to...