PDA

View Full Version : New to Forum and Ducatis and Twins

Piggin
13-07-2006, 07:23 PM
Hi, I have already posted a question a few days ago on the forum. However, I did not come on here and introduce myself.

I have always had four strokes (well since the nineties) mainly jap bikes with a few brits thrown in and mainly sports bikes although have diversified a little with enduro and big nakeds!

Anyway the Ducati S4 is great (2001 model), its like how I used to enjoy riding a bike way back in the eighties.

With it being my first ducati I don't know a lot about them. It seems very laboured and very vibrating going slow in 2nd gear almost bone shakingingly so, until the revs get up. Its more than likely my riding style or are they all like that.

It has high twin Sils (marked as Termignonis) and is very loud, but maybe the bike has not been chipped/mapped correctly, any ideas?

Scotty
13-07-2006, 07:35 PM
there all like that sir, keep it above 3k and it al be ret

scrumpster
13-07-2006, 08:01 PM
Welcome to the madhouse!! Love the pic!

benson
13-07-2006, 10:00 PM
Matching the gears to speed is my bet - yes they shake a bit and they don't like going slowly - so raise the revs and have fun!!!!!!!!:yoparty: :yoparty: :yoparty:

As Scrumps said - cool avatar - anyone we know??? Or was he in my sandwich earlier??:D

Piggin
14-07-2006, 07:57 AM
Yes like it myself, am partial to a bit of pig! Seriously, when I saw all the cool avatars on this website I searched for something to go with my stupid login name and found this eventually on Google.

sadbiker
14-07-2006, 08:01 AM
I know the feeling, I jumped on my Wifes 620 4 years ago when she bought her monster and felt like a kid again. I ended up buying a 900 hornet as I couldn't justify the cost of a 02 S4 at the time. Glad I waited as I now have a S2R1000 and love it.....

As they say "Just sit back and enjoy....."

MilesB
14-07-2006, 08:07 AM
Anyway the Ducati S4 is great (2001 model), its like how I used to enjoy riding a bike way back in the eighties.

With it being my first ducati I don't know a lot about them. It seems very laboured and very vibrating going slow in 2nd gear almost bone shakingingly so, until the revs get up. Its more than likely my riding style or are they all like that.

It has high twin Sils (marked as Termignonis) and is very loud, but maybe the bike has not been chipped/mapped correctly, any ideas?
AS Scotty said, they're all like that, but, if your not sure about it, get Claicerrig (who lives over on Anglesey) to give you an opinion - he's got an S4 too... I know he's posted recetly, but not sure if he is back on the bike yet (binned it at the Trackday).

Wellcome - I envey your local roads - although not the sumer traffic or your Chief Police officer.

Miles

Chappers
14-07-2006, 08:51 AM
Welcome and hope to see you at some UKMOC events :ukm:

stduc
14-07-2006, 02:17 PM
Hello everyone!

So glad I found this site, as I need info from any and all of you Ducati Monster owners. My name is Mark LaMotte and I live in Denver,Colorado USA. I will be moving to the UK this fall to work in Healthcare. I plan on bringing over an s4rs. I need help in knowing what is needed to get my bike admitted to ride in the UK. I have had no luck in trying to find out how much insurance would cost me. I tried e-mailing some insurance companies I found on the MCN web sit,but got no reply. Any help you can give me in this matter would be greatly appreciated. Can't wait to get over there and do some riding and go to your race tracks.......... Donnington,Brands et all.

Mark LaMotte
Denver,Colorado USA
e-mail stduc@aol.com

claicerrig
14-07-2006, 07:43 PM
WOOOHOOOOOOOO

There are now two of us in the village (well not really i live on the island :cool: but who cares)

Piggin Drop me a pm or email with your details and i`ll get back to you as soon as i can.
So you can get over here to my place for a full lowdown into S4 ownership.
I live just out side Llangefni on the Penmynudd Road

Miles not back on the bike yet i`m afraid the fractures have healed great but there is extensive ligament damage where they were ripped of the bone:worried:
They have removed the plaster and i have an AIR Splint and lots of physio to do

The bike is nearly back together in standard (Well nearly ) trim just waiting for the left hand Footpeg to be returned

Piggin
18-07-2006, 12:58 PM
Clai Cerrig, thanks for the invite, I would to come and look over your Monster!! No seriously thanks for the offer but I am over the other side of the Irish sea from you, Bangor, County Down, NI.

Pugi
18-07-2006, 01:19 PM
Welcom Piggin and stduc!

Not sure it's worth bringing a bike from the states. Why not buy another one here? Insurance will set you back plentiful unless you can have your NCB transferred I'm afraid.

claicerrig
18-07-2006, 04:26 PM
Clai Cerrig, thanks for the invite, I would to come and look over your Monster!! No seriously thanks for the offer but I am over the other side of the Irish sea from you, Bangor, County Down, NI.

Dammmmmmm still only me then :on: :on: :on: I keep forgetting there`s another Bangor in the good ol UK .

The Kettle is alway on if your passing :thumbsup: :thumbsup: That offer goes for any UKMOC members who are passing

Clai (Just a tinsy bit embrarressed ;) ) Cerrig

MilesB
20-07-2006, 09:39 AM
Dammmmmmm still only me then :on: :on: :on: I keep forgetting there`s another Bangor in the good ol UK .
Hey, I made the same assumption too :o :dunce:

At least it will keep Ricky happy to have another NI Monster.

Miles