PDA

View Full Version : Sunday 23rd July - Breakfast at Wessons (Ogri) Cafe

MilesB
12-07-2006, 01:51 PM
OK folks. Bob asked me to organise this a while back, but things have been a bit hectic, and I forgot to post up earlier, so here goes.

Early start, aiming to get to Wessons for 10am-ish, allowing those short of time a chance to get back in time for lunch, and the rest of us a chance to go for a decent ride afterwards.

Who's up for this?

Gadget
12-07-2006, 09:27 PM
If I am not working.
Then Yes.

Lady-Bob
13-07-2006, 10:38 AM
Me me me me... I need to get some more biker birfday cards from there. And their breakfast bap is luverly!

Happy to meet enroute rather than Oakdene.

Just tell me where's best and what time to be there Milesb!

Manda
13-07-2006, 01:47 PM
MEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE, im up for that!:woot:

scrapps
14-07-2006, 11:21 AM
oooo can i come and play :D not got james so he wont be sick on anyone.:thumbsdown:
May be a good run to take new bird on as she wants to give this bike lark ago ?? ( if i can get c/hat by then and jacket) hope you will all play nice.

MilesB
14-07-2006, 12:14 PM
Goody, some interest.
I'll post up times & places next week (going n a recce on this Sunday if weather OK).

Remember it's Wessons for (late) breakfast, so it will be an early start for some of us (especially from Herne Bay).

Suggested meet points at the mo are:
Scrapps (& Jackie ?) - M20 J4
Bob & Gary N - Junction of A21 & A26 south of Tonbridge
Manda - meet you there.

After brekkie, those that want can head off for a blast in an easterly direction, maybe ending up for afternoon ice creams at the seaside (Camber Sands?)

Any more?
Miles

MilesB
17-07-2006, 12:19 PM
OK – having done a recce on Sunday (Scorchio) – here is the revised plan…

I tried the A26 from Tombridge to Tun Wells, and it’s ‘orrible :thumbsdown:, so I suggest that Bob & GaryN continue down the A21 past Tonbridge and onto the single carriageway. The A21 becomes dual again at a roundabout (junction for North Farm and High Brooms) – keep straight on, and there is a layby after 300 yards. Check out
http://www.multimap.com/map/browse.cgi?client=public&X=560000&Y=142500&width=700&height=400&gride=&gridn=&srec=0&coordsys=gb&db=&addr1=&addr2=&addr3=&pc=&advanced=&local=&localinfosel=&kw=&inmap=&table=&ovtype=&keepicon=&zm=0&scale=50000&multimap.x=437&multimap.y=264
And the layby is where it shows a telephone.
Be there for 9:30am.

Scrapps – I suggest we meet at the Hop Farm (Beltring) – you know where that is. There is a layby just past the entrance in the direction of Tunbridge Wells (A228).
http://www.multimap.com/map/browse.cgi?client=public&X=570000&Y=147500&width=700&height=400&gride=&gridn=&srec=0&coordsys=gb&db=&addr1=&addr2=&addr3=&pc=&advanced=&local=&localinfosel=&kw=&inmap=&table=&ovtype=&keepicon=&zm=0&scale=50000&multimap.x=137&multimap.y=231
Be there for 9:15am.

Manda – see you at Wessons at 10ish

Afterwards I intend to take the scenic route to Rye and the Romney Marsh, via Hurst Green, Lamberhurst Bypass, Goudhurst, Sissinghurst, Biddenden, Tenterden… the best of Kent roads :spin: .

Albie
17-07-2006, 07:31 PM
Me probably will be there but not 100%.With Caroline Not 100%. May be only allowed to do WESSONS.Not sure as yet.

MilesB
17-07-2006, 10:53 PM
Me probably will be there but not 100%.With Caroline Not 100%. May be only allowed to do WESSONS.Not sure as yet.
As long as you let me know by Saturday night, and where you want to meet up (Hop farm?).

Albie
17-07-2006, 11:19 PM
hop farm is fine.:hail:

gary tompkins
17-07-2006, 11:31 PM
I let you know if I'm up for it or not before Sunday, but not sure at moment.

MilesB
18-07-2006, 07:31 AM
I let you know if I'm up for it or not before Sunday, but not sure at moment.
Great - suggest you come down the A21 with Bob and GaryN.

scrapps
18-07-2006, 02:59 PM
What sort of time meet at hop farm ???? i will need to get up V early :thumbsdown:

MilesB
18-07-2006, 05:42 PM
What sort of time meet at hop farm ???? i will need to get up V early :thumbsdown:
Scrapps – I suggest we meet at the Hop Farm (Beltring) – you know where that is. There is a layby just past the entrance in the direction of Tunbridge Wells (A228).
http://www.multimap.com/map/browse.c...multimap.y=231
Be there for 9:15am.
Sorry about the early start for you, and most others, but the idea - as explained to me by Bob - is that it is a 'Breakfast meet' :twak:
Heck, I'll be leaving home before 9am :grump:

Lady-Bob
19-07-2006, 01:23 AM
If it's too early then we could make it a mid morning 'brunch' at Wessons

I just need to be home early afternoon.

What do others think?

MilesB
19-07-2006, 12:31 PM
If it's too early then we could make it a mid morning 'brunch' at Wessons
I just need to be home early afternoon.
What do others think?
I think it depends on how early you need to be home :confused:

I recon it will take me 30-40 minutes to get to Tun Wells, then another 30 mins to the Cafe. Not sure how long you will take to get to/from Tun Wells - suspect 40-45 mins.

We could make it 11am at the cafe - that puts all meet times back by an hour (10:15 at Hop Farm, and 10:30 on A21), but that may not leave too much time for digestion if you need to get home pronto.

Gadget
19-07-2006, 08:34 PM
Not working this weekend.
Where and when shall I meet up with Bob...?

MilesB
20-07-2006, 12:24 PM
Right, seeing as there were a few raised eyebrows at the early start, we'll revise the plan to have Breakfast at Wessons at 11am, so meet points and times are now as follows:

Bob, GaryN (& GT?), come down the A21 from Sevenoaks - I assume you guys will meet up somewhere north of there. Continue down the A21 past Tonbridge and onto the single carriageway. The A21 becomes dual again at a roundabout (junction for North Farm and High Brooms) – keep straight on, and there is a layby after 300 yards. See
http://www.multimap.com/map/browse.cgi?client=public&X=560000&Y=142500&width=700&height=400&gride=&gridn=&srec=0&coordsys=gb&db=&addr1=&addr2=&addr3=&pc=&advanced=&local=&localinfosel=&kw=&inmap=&table=&ovtype=&keepicon=&zm=0&scale=50000&multimap.x=437&multimap.y=264
...the layby is where it shows a telephone.
Be there for 10:30am.

Scrapps (& ?), Albie(?) and me – I suggest we meet at the Hop Farm (Beltring) – you know where that is. There is a layby just past the entrance in the direction of Tunbridge Wells (A228).
http://www.multimap.com/map/browse.cgi?client=public&X=570000&Y=147500&width=700&height=400&gride=&gridn=&srec=0&coordsys=gb&db=&addr1=&addr2=&addr3=&pc=&advanced=&local=&localinfosel=&kw=&inmap=&table=&ovtype=&keepicon=&zm=0&scale=50000&multimap.x=137&multimap.y=231
...the layby is where it shows a telephone. Be warned, the Hop Farm is currently putting on the 'War & Peace Show' so there may be people trying to move you on, or cones out to stop parking.
Be there for 10:15am.

Manda – we'll see you at Wessons at 11ish

For those not heading straight home I intend to take the scenic route to Rye and the Romney Marsh, via Hurst Green, Lamberhurst Bypass, Goudhurst, Sissinghurst, Biddenden, Tenterden… the best of Kent roads :spin:

I'll PM everyone my phone numbers in case of problems.

Miles

GULLY
20-07-2006, 10:18 PM
Ok boys and girls, i have a green light to play so count me in, but cannot play for too long:thumbsup:

see you sunday
Gully

MilesB
21-07-2006, 04:42 PM
Ok boys and girls, i have a green light to play so count me in, but cannot play for too long:thumbsup:
In that case I suggest you ride down with Bob and the Garys, and back with Bob.

gary tompkins
21-07-2006, 09:18 PM

see you sunday
Gully

What time does your day pass expire on Sunday? :chuckle:

GULLY
21-07-2006, 09:51 PM
What time does your day pass expire on Sunday? :chuckle:

Hi Gary
About 2 pm :mad:

hope to see you sunday

gully

MilesB
22-07-2006, 05:48 PM
About 2 pm :mad:
hope to see you sunday
Should be no worries - we get there by 11ish, leave 12:30 at the latest.

gary tompkins
22-07-2006, 10:02 PM
I think I'll pick my own route and head straight to Wesson's.

See you at the cafe for about 11.ooam :cool:

Albie
23-07-2006, 08:21 AM
Sorry wont be going. Was working yesterday and need some time out at home. See you all next week at BBQ:tgoe:

gary tompkins
23-07-2006, 08:21 PM
Great to see you all for brekkie today

How did scenic ride go for those left at Wesson's after Gully & me headed for home? We clipped a few showers on the way back so hope you all stayed dry. Pity Bob, Albie & Scrapps couldn't make it - but nice to meet Manda on the S4r for the first time.

Gadget
23-07-2006, 09:42 PM
Wonderful time had by all. Camber Sands? (more stones than sand) for ice creams. Mand went her way from Rye. Then a nice ride through Kent to M&S's, nicer sounding than S&M's, for burgers and salad and pasta. Fuel light came on at 168miles :-D

slob
23-07-2006, 10:28 PM
Fuel light came on at 168miles :-D
Drat and double drat! I don't know how you manage it.
Thanks S&M.
Chariot racing with the bunnies next time, eh?

Lady-Bob
24-07-2006, 11:50 AM
Sorry I didn't make it.

And sorry I didn't get Scrapps' text to say he couldn't make it until it was way too late to let Milesb know.

Have fixed the indicator. I just need to strip the clutch down now.:eek:

Have gone through it with Gary T and I actually feel pretty confident that I know what I'm doing. If it can save me £80 plus then I'm all for it. (thank goodness it's a dry clutch!)

I can't believe I have a stinking rotten cold at this time of year..... who's been cursing me behind my back eh???! :cry:

MilesB
24-07-2006, 12:33 PM
Well, the day had a bit of a frustrating start, but kept getting better and better.

I knew Albie wasn't coming, so Susan & me waited in vain at the Hop Farm for Scrapps until 10:30 (extra 15 mins), then blatted on to the A21, where we met GaryN. Waited for Bob and Gully 'till 10:50, then decided to carry on... A pretty good clear run down to Wessons (forgot to arrange the horsebox) and with ony 3 of us made pretty good time.

Got to Wessons to find GT and Manda (as expected), Gully - who'd come down with GT, and Slob & Thuli - a pleasant suprise.

Breakfast was good (as always), after which GT and Gully headed home, and the rest of us headed for Camber Sands, via Hurst Green, Lamberhust Bypass, Goudhurst, Biddenden, Tenterden, and Appledore. Fortunately my spider senses spotted the speeed trap on the Military Road - I was sort of expecting one. Ice cream hit the spot for me :mand:

From Camber Sands we headed through Rye (bye Manda), to Broad Oak, Northiam, Tenterden and back to chez moi for a spot of impromptu Bar-B-Q food.

Glad everyone enjoyed themselves, and sad that Bob didn't make it:worried: - again.

I did PM everyone with my home/mobile numbers... did you all get them? It's nice to know if people arn't going to be where you expect to meet them - saves hanging around wondering :banghead: .

Miles

MilesB
24-07-2006, 08:02 PM
...are featured here.
L-R: Manda, GaryN, Thuli, Slob & MilesB

gary tompkins
24-07-2006, 08:42 PM
That's a fantastic shot of you on the shingle at Camber - sky almost looks photo shopped. It puts me in mind of one of those indie album covers :cool:

GULLY
24-07-2006, 09:38 PM
Hi Guys
thanks for a good morning on sunday.I would like to have played a lot longer
but Megan time on sunday.

Thanks for the ride down to the cafe GT and back i enjoyed the route :woot:

Sorry Miles but I did not get a PM from you with your number

Hope to see you all at Bar bq at bumble's

Gully

scrapps
25-07-2006, 03:48 PM
sorry to be the cause of a delay on sunday but got call early am to say new birds kid was being dumped back at ten am on sunday and not 5/6 oclock as we had planned :grump: bloody ex's.:hissy: we wanted to come and play but had to get up and make mad dash back to folkstone. did send two text but did not have miles number soz

MilesB
25-07-2006, 04:41 PM
did send two text but did not have miles number soz
Sorry Miles but I did not get a PM from you with your number
Hmmm...:confused: I'll try sending the PM again - for next time.

Lady-Bob
26-07-2006, 10:14 AM
we wanted to come and play but had to get up and make mad dash back to folkstone.

Well hello ? ....... "had to get up" eh? ;)

Sounds like the relationship has been cemented already?? ;) ;) ;)

Will we be seeing Scrapps at the BBQ with a HUGE grin on his face perchance???? :D

(I do hope so!)