PDA

View Full Version : Where can I get prescription goggles from.

Julie
12-07-2006, 07:43 AM
Not for me but for a freind.

Can anyone recomend a good company to get some from - to be worn with an arai tour-X helmet.

Thank you

Julie

Gilps
12-07-2006, 08:20 AM
Any decent opticians should be able to help. Just phone around the local ones until you find one that can do it.
I use Alpina goggles for skiing and these may be suitable for bike use as they are designend to be worn with a helmet. The lense part can be changed easily as the prescription changes with age whilst retaining the frames, and the ones I use have interchangeable covers depending on whether I want clear, tinted, or yellow vision.
http://www.alpina-eyewear.de/english/produkte_sport/skibrillen/main.php

Pedro
12-07-2006, 12:06 PM
Same place you get prescription windscreens?

:chuckle:

Julie
12-07-2006, 12:08 PM
Same place you get prescription windscreens?

:chuckle:

ho ho ho - you can fit galsses under your windscreen tho ped - my mate can't fit glasses under his goggles!!

markus
12-07-2006, 12:10 PM
Oakley do prescription goggles a couple of the guys i used to board with use them. I'd just ask an opticians that stocks oakley frames and ask them (i think some of them actually stock goggles as well)

claicerrig
12-07-2006, 12:34 PM
As the post above Julie

I been using perscription Oakley for about 10 yrs now goggles and sunglasses

Just find a good optician or google reconised / autherised oakley opticians

Clai

Banshee
12-07-2006, 02:16 PM
Should have gone to Specsavers.

Roberto
12-07-2006, 06:29 PM
hmmm duno...

Jonathan Edwards Lasers then some goggle from fleabay?

have no idea on how much extra people pay for prescription stuff these days, but tha lasers maybe finacialy viable over the years.

disclaimer:
roberto holds no liablilty for laser non correctional disfunctional eye watery problems, rendered from mr. tripple jumpers mighty eye laser.

Mand
13-07-2006, 06:29 AM
ho ho ho - you can fit galsses under your windscreen tho ped - my mate can't fit glasses under his goggles!!

My goggles fit over my specs? I got mine with the Davida.

Or are you thinking off road goggles? In which case, I have those too.

Or Edmunds and Slatter in Blaby, may be able to help you? Are they for Paul?

Mand the Myopic

MotoNik
13-07-2006, 10:19 PM
I'VE BEEN USING PRESCRIPTION OAKLEYS wah, blummin caps lock!

I've been using Prescription Oakleys for a while now (couple of years) and they're pretty good on the bike. I use mine when riding with an open face lid. They're fine at speed - keep the wind out of your eyes ok. More than can be said of the lid, which tries to garotte me at 80mph, as it lifts itself off the top of me bonce!

Oakley will charge you about £200 for their lenses, but I got an Oakley dealer to put some lenses in mine for £60. Ok, so they don't say "Ducati" in the bottom left hand corner of the lense, like the originals, but they're just as good.

Might be worth trying a few MX places for difference goggles though, if that's what yer man wants, as some of the manufacturers do specifically larger versions to fit specs underneath. In fact, I have a feeling Davida do just that too, now I come to think of it.

cheers,

Nik