PDA

View Full Version : Replacement Speedo Cable

eonan
11-07-2006, 07:55 PM
My speedo cable snapped today. As interesting as it is riding around with no idea what speed I'm doing, I guess I really should replace it.

Can anyone tell me if it can be replaced by some generic off the shelf job, or are we looking at needing the ducati specific part?

It's for a '98 M750.

:thumbsup:

scrumpster
11-07-2006, 08:31 PM
When mine went last year, I just got one off Stuart at Spareshack, but I have heard stories about pushbike cables fitting!!! Not sure I would risk that though!!! It wasn't expensive from what I recall!!

eonan
11-07-2006, 08:41 PM
Cheers mate...yeh it's not a money thing, just want to know if I can get one tomorrow or have to wait an eternity for Papa Louigi to get off his fat lazy Italian arris!

Zimbo
11-07-2006, 09:00 PM
Genuine ones are about a tenner, just phone round a few dealers till you find one that has it in stock, get them to post it to you.

eonan
11-07-2006, 09:06 PM
Will do, cheers Zimbo :thumbsup:

Duncan
12-07-2006, 07:13 AM
Last year there was a shortage of these cables, for some bizarre reason Italy had no stock, and it was nearly a month before I got hold of one from Ducati.

They are usually ex stock though and noot expensive, if I could have been bothered would have got one off the net somewhere next day.