PDA

View Full Version : rear disc bolts need changing

steve kearl
09-07-2006, 04:50 PM
Hi there, does anybody know where I can get some stainless steelbolts but still magnetic ones as I want to change the rear disc bolts on my S4 as the standard ones are nice and corroded now.
thanks

Zimbo
09-07-2006, 04:52 PM
Hi there, does anybody know where I can get some stainless steelbolts but still magnetic ones as I want to change the rear disc bolts on my S4 as the standard ones are nice and corroded now.
thanks

Stainless is not magnetic, not sure if it will still trigger your speedo. Why not just replace them with new standard ones?

nick40
09-07-2006, 07:33 PM
thanks

And you run the risk of the stainless ones shearing off as the are much more brittle than the original, I personally would not use ss in stress areas but its up to you.

Nick

pooh
09-07-2006, 11:01 PM
I agree Nik SS is no good for any areas of stress ie. Calipers, discs, sprockets etc. however the detector I beleive measures proximity and not necesarily magnetism so it might work.

Pooh