PDA

View Full Version : Hospitality suite at Donington MotoGP 2007

MotoNik
07-07-2006, 07:46 PM
Hi everyone,

As soon of you may know, myself, Emily, FB, and Pedro were lucky enough to acquire some hospitality tickets to this year's MotoGP at Donington.

We had a great day - drove straight in to the track and parked in a dedicated (tarmac) car park right outside the hospitality complex, had a great view of the Craner Curves and Old Hairpin, and enjoyed snacks, drinks, and a buffet lunch.

Even the hot weather was no problem, as the suites are north facing, so nice and shady and cool. No parking in a swamp and traipsing for miles to find an over-crowded muddy patch of grass to perch on, no queuing for an over-priced dog burger, real toilets, ample seating... Interested?

This got us thinking - we should do this next year!

So plan at the moment is to gauge interest and see if we can get enough folks together to have our own suite next year.

Now unfortunately living the rock star lifestyle doesn't come cheap - it's about £200 per person. It sounds a lot, but then when you consider the convenience of riding straight in, having loads of room to stash all your riding gear, shelter if it rains (2005 anyone? Eh Mand?!), loads of food and drink, plenty of space, and a great view of the track. Bearing in mind all of that, and the fact that the gate price for a standard ticket was £60 this year, and more if you wanted a grandstand seat.

To break it down a bit we're thinking payment by installments. If there's enough interest I'll set up a dedicated Paypal account, or a Direct Debit payment - perhaps £20 a month, unless of course you're happy to pay in one go.

I've been in touch with the hospitality manager, and am waiting to hear back on cost and booking details, so I'll update you when I get more details.

If you would like to come along then add your name to the list. A suite will hold 20 people, which ought to be achievable. If you like MotoGP racing then this really is the way to do it, so let's get a big group of us together for a great day out.

So far:

Fatbloke
Pedro
Emily
Me

Cheers,

Nik

Mand
07-07-2006, 07:54 PM
Hmm....! It is damn tempting, but I got a cracking suntan this year..... in the immortal words of Big Brother, I will get back to you Nik.

fatbloke
07-07-2006, 07:55 PM
It seems a lot but Its worth every penny!!!

Mand
07-07-2006, 07:56 PM
It seems a lot but Its worth every penny!!!

Maybe but will Ped eat the whole buffet before the rest of us get a look in?
:biggrin:

fatbloke
07-07-2006, 07:57 PM
Maybe but will Ped eat the whole buffet before the rest of us get a look in?
:biggrin:

there was enough food, even for the podgey one

Mand
07-07-2006, 08:00 PM
If they are offering Tiramisu...... you can count me in!

MotoNik
07-07-2006, 08:00 PM
Hmm....! It is damn tempting, but I got a cracking suntan this year..... in the immortal words of Big Brother, I will get back to you Nik.

That was the beauty of it - you can come and go as you please, shamlessly parade yourself around on your bike and feel special while the poor people look at you (copyright: Fatbloke), and if you want a bit of sun then fill yer boots, and come back inside when you get a bit warm!

cheers,

Nik

Mand
07-07-2006, 08:02 PM
That was the beauty of it - you can come and go as you please, shamlessly parade yourself around on your bike and feel special while the poor people look at you (copyright: Fatbloke), and if you want a bit of sun then fill yer boots, and come back inside when you get a bit warm!

cheers,

Nik

Sounds like the lifestyle for me!

Pedro
07-07-2006, 08:44 PM
E'scuse me! I was not first at the buffet nor last! A certain slightly heavier one seemed to graze all afternoon!

And it was a splendid day looking down on the poor people!!!

Darry
07-07-2006, 08:52 PM
Is this just for Race Day?

fatbloke
07-07-2006, 08:56 PM
Is this just for Race Day?
it is indeed

Bodybag
08-07-2006, 12:16 AM
Did hospitality for the GT Racing there a few years ago and it was awesome, count me in. :mand:

Nik_Codling
Fatbloke
Pedro
Emily
Bodybag

Darry
08-07-2006, 12:20 PM
Oh go on then.

Nik_Codling
Fatbloke
Pedro
Emily
Bodybag
Darry.

Emily
08-07-2006, 02:20 PM
You won't regret it I promise you. It's almost worth it for the parking alone. You know that feeling you get after you've trudged a fair old way to get a good spot, often in swealtering heat, and someone flies past you on a bike and you wonder "Mmm? How come they can ride right into the circuit?" That could be you!!!! :biggrin:

All that plus a cracking view, no queueing for the loo etc. It's fab.

grunter
08-07-2006, 05:48 PM
tooooooooooooo :roger:

gjfevans
08-07-2006, 07:04 PM
Me plus one (she only does first class)

scrumpster
08-07-2006, 11:45 PM
Am seriously considering making it my birthday and xmas pressie to me :spin: will let you know!!!

Darry
09-07-2006, 03:40 AM
tooooooooooooo :roger:

Love the signature... so glad Portugal lost today. Appologies to any Portugies members.

DesmoDom
09-07-2006, 10:13 AM
Count me & Ali in, Never been in the craner Curves suites, did the ones at Goddards, Redgate and the start & finish straight a few times, so it will be a new experience, only bad bit is that this time we'll have to pay for the privelage.
:biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin:

Baz

benson
09-07-2006, 12:30 PM
Me too - Scrumps you HAVE to come too!!!!!!:ukm:

Emily
09-07-2006, 12:59 PM
Updated list............looking good so far :)

Nik_Codling
Fatbloke
Pedro
Emily
Bodybag
Darry
Grunter
gjfevans
mrs gjfevans
DesmoDom
Ali
Benson

Headhunter
09-07-2006, 01:08 PM
Has to be done.

Nik_Codling
Fatbloke
Pedro
Emily
Bodybag
Darry
Grunter
gjfevans
mrs gjfevans
DesmoDom
Ali
Benson
Headhunter

fatbloke
09-07-2006, 01:14 PM
Just to add one

Nik_Codling
Fatbloke + 1
Pedro
Emily
Bodybag
Darry
Grunter
gjfevans
mrs gjfevans
DesmoDom
Ali
Benson
Headhunter

are you stopping this at 20 Nik?

Emily
09-07-2006, 01:41 PM
Nik's waiting to hear back from Donington about the numbers, you may be able to fit more than 20 in, or they might even have bigger boxes. As there's been a good response I'll get him to push them for an answer so that we know the score.

We may be able to get two boxes next to each other. As they are all open on the sides we'll still be able to 'scoialise'..........

Gilps
09-07-2006, 04:26 PM
This looks like it could be fun. Count me in.

Nik_Codling
Fatbloke + 1
Pedro
Emily
Bodybag
Darry
Grunter
gjfevans
mrs gjfevans
DesmoDom
Ali
Benson
Headhunter
Gilps

Shandy
09-07-2006, 04:43 PM
....and me

Nik_Codling
Fatbloke + 1
Pedro
Emily
Bodybag
Darry
Grunter
gjfevans
mrs gjfevans
DesmoDom
Ali
Benson
Headhunter
Gilps
Shandy

Stafford
09-07-2006, 07:08 PM
....and me as well

Nik_Codling
Fatbloke + 1
Pedro
Emily
Bodybag
Darry
Grunter
gjfevans
mrs gjfevans
DesmoDom
Ali
Benson
Headhunter
Gilps
Shandy
Quarxuk

fatbloke
09-07-2006, 07:13 PM
....and me as well

Nik_Codling
Fatbloke + 1
Pedro
Emily
Bodybag
Darry
Grunter
gjfevans
mrs gjfevans
DesmoDom
Ali
Benson
Headhunter
Gilps
Shandy
Quarxuk

only 3 places left
can we fill another box?

MotoNik
09-07-2006, 09:31 PM
Wow, I step away from the pooter for 24hrs and this is what happens! Amazing response, that's great!

I'll get cracking on sorting the payment side of things and get back to you all soon.

Now....two boxes???

cheers,

Nik

Macca
10-07-2006, 11:32 AM
After walking a few miles carrying all my gear in the heat this year and getting Pi55 wet through last year, you can deffinately count me in :mand:

Nik_Codling
Fatbloke + 1
Pedro
Emily
Bodybag
Darry
Grunter
gjfevans
mrs gjfevans
DesmoDom
Ali
Benson
Headhunter
Gilps
Shandy
Quarxuk
Macca + 1

fatbloke
10-07-2006, 01:30 PM
After walking a few miles carrying all my gear in the heat this year and getting Pi55 wet through last year, you can deffinately count me in :mand:

Nik_Codling
Fatbloke + 1
Pedro
Emily
Bodybag
Darry
Grunter
gjfevans
mrs gjfevans
DesmoDom
Ali
Benson
Headhunter
Gilps
Shandy
Quarxuk
Macca + 1
1 place left dont be left out!!

MotoNik
10-07-2006, 09:39 PM
Still no word from Donington on prices, but as soon as I hear I'll get something set up for payment.

Options will most likely be to pay in one go, ten post-dated cheques, or regular payments via paypal.

cheers,

Nik

benson
10-07-2006, 09:50 PM
Nik well done for sorting this out - it will be a great event I'm sure!
cheers,
Benson

MotoNik
10-07-2006, 10:00 PM
It's the least I can do - it's a great club, and I've got a lot from it. The best bits have been when there have been a big group of us together, and everyone has such a laugh together, so it seemed like too good an idea to pass up.

Just got to sort out the awkward bit now. Bear with me for a few days - I'm going to be out and about a fair bit over the next few weeks (Thurso in Scotland, then Italy!), but I'll keep on it, and keep you all up to date.

cheers,

Nik

Mand
11-07-2006, 05:07 AM
1 place left dont be left out!!

Can I have the last space please????????

Gilps
11-07-2006, 06:07 AM
...she say yes. Does this mean it's going to be sunny everywhere but raining in our box?

Looks like we've got a full house. Well done Nik.

benson
11-07-2006, 06:47 AM
Indeed - bring plenty of water proofs ! :p

Travel safely Nik and hear from you soon,:thumbsup:

Rachel (aka Benson)

Darry
11-07-2006, 08:18 AM
...she say yes. Does this mean it's going to be sunny everywhere but raining in our box?

It'll be raining in Mand's box? :look:

Emily
11-07-2006, 10:30 AM
Can I have the last space please????????

Yeah Mand! I knew you wouldn't be able to resist :biggrin:
Even if you do bring your rain curse we will be all nice and dry. Only other question is, 'Will Col still be there next year????' :(

As soon as we get back from hols we'll get back onto Donington about maximum numbers etc. Then we can work out the 'how to pay' bit........

Watch this space.......

Mand
11-07-2006, 07:40 PM
Yeah Mand! I knew you wouldn't be able to resist :biggrin:
Even if you do bring your rain curse we will be all nice and dry. Only other question is, 'Will Col still be there next year????' :(

As soon as we get back from hols we'll get back onto Donington about maximum numbers etc. Then we can work out the 'how to pay' bit........

Watch this space.......

Em, yeah I couldn't resist, I have instructed the rest of the family they are indeed slumming it whilst I try to out eat Ped in the cake department on the hospitality front. :chuckle:

I have a sneaky feeling that Col will be riding in WSB next year

MotoNik
11-07-2006, 07:46 PM

Looks like we've got a full house. Well done Nik.

Damn, you beat me to the Belmonte joke!

Yey, full already, result!!

Nice one Mand, you won't regret it! Next up, sort a ride-in, so all the poor people can gawp! ;-)

So what does everyone favour with payment? Pay all now, post-dated cheques, or some sort of Paypal based debit thing?

cheers,

Nik

benson
11-07-2006, 07:49 PM
Post dated cheques would be fine for me - rather than paying everything in one lump sum really - just lessons the blow!:thumbsup:

MotoNik
11-07-2006, 07:54 PM
Yeah, whatever's easiest - the whole point is we spread the cost, so it's not too much of a hit.

I'll speak to FB about arranging cheques to be paid to the club, to keep it all above board.

cheers,

Nik

fatbloke
11-07-2006, 07:55 PM
So what does everyone favour with payment? Pay all now, post-dated cheques, or some sort of Paypal based debit thing?

cheers,

Nik

I dont mind how we pay but i think it might be a good idea
to have all the money in by easter and with prices climbing
I think £240 is going to be nearer the right cost we can
always get ourselves a tee-shirt or somthing if theres change.

MotoNik
11-07-2006, 08:02 PM
Unfortunately Donington are being a bit rubbish at getting back to me. Obviously I'll keep you posted, but so far I've not heard anything. So until I hear back we can't do anything anyway.

cheers,

Nik

benson
11-07-2006, 08:02 PM
So if we went for £30 a month starting in Sepetmber and ending with a final payment in April that would be £240 and you could let people pay at any point in the month depending on when their payday is.

Alternatively rich people can pay all in one go - and for me too!!!:o

I think this might just be a good day out all in all!!!
:ukm:

fatbloke
11-07-2006, 08:17 PM
I'll speak to FB about arranging cheques to be paid to the club, to keep it all above board.

cheers,

Nik

we'll have a chat soon on the phone Nik seems easy to me
but not tonight i've a really early start tomorrow and i'll be
in bed soon..

benson
11-07-2006, 08:21 PM
Sleep well FB!!!
xxx

Mand
11-07-2006, 08:22 PM
Sleep well FB!!!
xxx

Aww he has been a busy boy today, zooming around Mallory today :woot:

I like Benson's idea of not sending any cheques until September, only because I am poorer than a poor thing on a poor day.... But of course, if you need cash now, I will mug my kids piggy bank :cry:

Pedro
11-07-2006, 08:42 PM
whilst I try to out eat Ped in the cake department on the hospitality front. :chuckle:

Best get there early then!!!

:chuckle::chuckle::chuckle:

benson
11-07-2006, 08:48 PM
COuld we seek sponsorship from a cake company perhaps?? Mr Kiplings Ducati tarts??? I really hope there's cake - now that would be a proper day out!!:idea:

Macca
12-07-2006, 10:32 AM
This is weird...

I posted a reply to this thread a couple of days ago putting my name down for 2 tickets but it's not displaying in the thread (at least for me anyway)...

I can do a search for posts by macca and it finds the post (and all the details there in) but it's not in the thread :Furious:

any way I'll post it up again.....

Nik_Codling
Fatbloke + 1
Pedro
Emily
Bodybag
Darry
Grunter
gjfevans
mrs gjfevans
DesmoDom
Ali
Benson
Headhunter
Gilps
Shandy
Quarxuk
Macca + 1

Cheers

Macca

Emily
12-07-2006, 01:12 PM
It was on there if you search back, on page 2. Only thing is you've missed Mand off now so I'll have to re-add her.........

I was a bit worried then that we'd over-subscribed, but luckily it still adds up to 20. Phew!!!

Nik_Codling
Fatbloke + 1
Pedro
Emily
Bodybag
Darry
Grunter
gjfevans
mrs gjfevans
DesmoDom
Ali
Benson
Headhunter
Gilps
Shandy
Quarxuk
Macca + 1
Mand

Mand
13-07-2006, 06:36 AM
Thanks Em, I wasn't able to log on yesterday, so any word yet on how we pay etc?

MotoNik
13-07-2006, 10:29 PM
Still no word from Donington yet I'm afraid Mand (and everyone else!), but I'll ring them tomorrow and see what the score is. I want to at least get a total price, and deposit required, that sort of thing.

Hopefully post up tomorrow with some news.

cheers,

Nik

MotoNik
12-08-2006, 12:58 PM
Hi Everyone,

Sorry for the delay in updating you - I sent Donington an email enquiry ages ago, and never got a reply (don't you just hate that?), so I got in touch again during the week, and got some prices back.

The prices seem rather high to me - I've forwarded them on to El Pres to take a look at, and I'm awaiting some more info from the chaps at Donington. As it stands, it seems to be working out nearer to £300 each including food, which seems rather high - this year was sub £200, so I'm waiting to see what the score is there.

I'll keep you posted, so we can start getting things moving.

cheers,

Nik

logyk
12-08-2006, 04:41 PM
Only just seen this thread .......if the list is closed could I be put down for first reserve please ??????????

benson
12-08-2006, 07:12 PM
Hi there - Nic I've PM'd you - Logyk the space of mine is yours - I can't afford the £300 tag that seems to be attached at the moment so you can have my place!!!!!

MotoNik
14-08-2006, 07:26 PM
Only just seen this thread .......if the list is closed could I be put down for first reserve please ??????????

Hey mate, no probs - there could be space for one or two more anyway - according to the lady at Donington she says 20 is comfortable, but anything up to about 25 is ok before it starts to get too crowded.

I've just had some more pricing info - no prices for next year yet, but this year they were charging £175 per person including catering, so it looks like it could still be a go-er.

I doubt if pricing will be announced before the MotoGP calendar dates are announced for 2007, so we'll have to proceed on that basis for now, if everyone is still game?

cheers,

Nik

Shandy
14-08-2006, 07:28 PM
Hey mate, no probs - there could be space for one or two more anyway - according to the lady at Donington she says 20 is comfortable, but anything up to about 25 is ok before it starts to get too crowded.

I've just had some more pricing info - no prices for next year yet, but this year they were charging £175 per person including catering, so it looks like it could still be a go-er.

I doubt if pricing will be announced before the MotoGP calendar dates are announced for 2007, so we'll have to proceed on that basis for now, if everyone is still game?

cheers,

Nik

I'm still game.

Thanks Nik for sorting it all out for us that are too lazy to do it ourselves :rolleyes:

Cheers,

Shandy

fatbloke
14-08-2006, 07:31 PM
I'm still up for it Nik but up to £240 if it ends up more
I will have to pull out.

MotoNik
14-08-2006, 07:41 PM
I'm still up for it Nik but up to £240 if it ends up more
I will have to pull out.

As I said to Rachel, I'm not made of money, and neither is Mrs C, so we're the same, but it sounds like we're realistically looking at sub-£200. Perhaps we'll make an agreement now that if it's much more than that when they sort the prices out that we'll do something else with the money (I'm thinking a trip to Spareshack!)

I guess the question now is when do we start collecting? Shall we get the holiday season out of the way first eh folks?

cheers,

Nik

Mand
14-08-2006, 08:08 PM
I guess the question now is when do we start collecting? Shall we get the holiday season out of the way first eh folks?

cheers,

Nik

Yes please! :mand:

gjfevans
14-08-2006, 09:18 PM
Sub £200 and I am still in

Bodybag
14-08-2006, 09:35 PM
Still good for me. :mand:

benson
14-08-2006, 09:37 PM
Me too - £200 realistically is my limit - but thanks again Nik for doing the chasing on this - much appreciated.....:hail:

Gilps
15-08-2006, 07:05 AM
I'm still in too. Thanks for your efforts.

Headhunter
15-08-2006, 08:17 AM
As with others - £240 is my limit.

Cheers for all your effort! :thumbsup:

Shandy
30-08-2006, 03:13 PM
I see the dates are out, looks like the 24 June next year then ,

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/motorsport/motorbikes/5295742.stm

:biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin:

MotoNik
30-08-2006, 03:43 PM
Ah, splendid! I'll get on to Donington again then, and ask for them to let me know when the prices have been finalised.

My intention is that we proceed on the basis of 7x £30. If we do that with post-dated chequed (payable to UKMOC) starting in September then we'll be all paid by March. With a bit of luck it will end up being a bit cheaper so we can either all have a refund of the extra, or put it towards t-shirts or something (we can do a vote nearer the time).

Is everyone ok with sending me post-dated cheques?

cheers,

Nik

logyk
30-08-2006, 03:59 PM
Im comfortable with that .

Shandy
30-08-2006, 04:09 PM
Suits me, just need to know the dates you want on the cheques and where to send em :thumbsup:

MotoNik
30-08-2006, 04:25 PM
I'll more than likely make it towards the end of each month, as that probably suits when most people get paid.

In the meantime I'll compile a list of everyone's emails, so I can get in touch with you all to sort where to post cheques etc.

cheers,

Nik

benson
30-08-2006, 04:34 PM
That's great Nik - and thanks for organising!:yoparty:

Mand
30-08-2006, 07:39 PM
Actually that is good news because that means I can go to the MAD weekender too. :D

Post dated cheques are good for me too.

Thanks Nik for sorting this out.

Bodybag
30-08-2006, 09:08 PM
Woo hoo. Perfect cos I don't get paid as much as I used to so PD cheques would be good for me too. :mand:

Darry
30-08-2006, 10:11 PM
Good for me!

Stafford
31-08-2006, 08:21 AM
Do we have an actual price from Donington yet?
Sorry if I've it missed somewhere in the thread.

Also thanks Nik for doing your stuff.
Cheers
Q

Gilps
31-08-2006, 08:50 AM
I'll go along with the majority decision quite happily. Thanks again.

Darry
03-10-2006, 08:48 PM
Any update on hospitality?

Kazza
04-10-2006, 08:52 PM
We're up for it.

Nik_Codling
Fatbloke
Pedro
Emily
Bodybag
Darry
Kazza
Neil

Kazza
04-10-2006, 08:57 PM
For some reason - I missed some pages! If there's room or anyone drops out - let me know.

MotoNik
24-10-2006, 08:30 PM
Hi Everyone,

Thought it was about time I showed my face again, so to speak.

I'm afraid I'll start with the bad news - after a careful review of finances Emily and I have decided we will have to pull out - with so many other bills to cover, not to mention Christmas just round the corner, the extra outgoing each month will have to go.

However, on behalf of the rest of you I'm still happy to collect the money for you all. Now that the motogp dates have been released for next season I would expect that Donington may be able to start taking bookings, so I will give them a shout.

In the meantime, there will now be two extra places going...

I'll email Donington in a sec, and get back to you all as soon as I hear back. Is everyone ready to start sending cheques, to get the money coming in?

cheers,

Nik