PDA

View Full Version : Roadside Assistance renewal/extension

coolcatshaft
07-07-2006, 05:14 PM
Hi all!

In about a weeks time, my monster will be two years old!!!
Time has flown by!

anyway, the warranty and roadside assistance that came with it new is obviously about to run out, can either or both be extended? if so, how and how much? and is it best to speak to my dealer about it, or speak to ducati uk directly?

neilbaldry
07-07-2006, 05:31 PM
i have a VW polo, and every year i get a letter thru saying my roadside assisstance is about to run out, and it gives me a load of gumf to be able to renew it.

im sure Ducati would do the same?

coolcatshaft
08-07-2006, 01:26 PM
just an update,

spoke to Mark at Ducati Coventry, the warranty can be extended for £299 a year!!! :eyepopping:

the roadside assistance can't, but Carol Nash have given me a very good quote including breakdown cover so probably go with that.

Stafford
08-07-2006, 01:49 PM
just an update,

spoke to Mark at Ducati Coventry, the warranty can be extended for £299 a year!!! :eyepopping:

Don't forget to read the small print on the warranty.:look:
Cheers
Q

bolds
08-07-2006, 08:41 PM
just an update,

the roadside assistance can't, but Carol Nash have given me a very good quote including breakdown cover so probably go with that.

Did you ask what the warranty company was as the Ducati extended warranty is nowhere near that price for a 620 and includes roadside assistance as it is the same warranty cover as supplied with the bike

im_Jimmy84
08-07-2006, 08:56 PM
Im with Carol Nash insurance and in my experiance there breakdown recovery was very good - 20mins to pick me up and the guy told me exactly what to do to solve the problem!

bod
09-07-2006, 11:16 AM
Extended warranty's....... READ the small print,most are mechanical brerakdown cover only and don't cover parts that fail due to wear.

Then ask yourself why a part fails......because it is worn????

coolcatshaft
12-07-2006, 09:17 PM
Did you ask what the warranty company was as the Ducati extended warranty is nowhere near that price for a 620 and includes roadside assistance as it is the same warranty cover as supplied with the bike

I phoned Ducati Coventry and I was told the £299 was the official Ducati UK factory warranty.

tamtbam@hotmail
14-07-2006, 08:35 AM
I phoned Ducati Coventry and I was told the £299 was the official Ducati UK factory warranty.

Try Ducati Insurance. There breakdown cover is only 20 quid for local, 45 quid for all over the uk and 74 quid for european breakdown cover on top of your insurance and the prices are brill.:D