PDA

View Full Version : Spotted in Milan...

Pedro
05-07-2006, 08:18 PM
Loads of Monsters and even a Bimota Delirio, the later being ridden very well on the rear wheel!!

If you've not been I can recommend Milan, very nice atmosphere, loverly people, great food and beer! The highlight was watching Italy dump Germany out of the footie along with around 15000 mad italians in the Duomo Piazza in the centre of Milan! Barking mad the lot of them. Just made it back to the hotel for extra time and the place erupted when the goals went in!!

They still know best how to get through traffic on a superscoot though.... nutters!!

And before anyone has a pop, yes the food was very good and it would've been rude to say no....

Ped

Zimbo
05-07-2006, 09:33 PM
I'm there for a few days in a couple of weeks, any recommendations?

Pedro
05-07-2006, 09:40 PM
Have a look at the catherdral in Duomo, it's stunning. Search Google Images for "Duomo Milan" and you'll see what I mean

Other than that, it's all good

Zimbo
06-07-2006, 06:57 AM
Good oh, I'm over nearby for work and have left myself Saturday free to explore, so I'll do that! Cheers Ped!

Gilps
06-07-2006, 08:57 AM
I love Milan. I worked there for a while some years back. A nice trip out of the city is to nearby Bergamo. The town is split into two parts, upper and lower. Park at the bottom and take the fernicular railway up to Alto Bergamo, sit in one tof the many cafes and watch the world go by. Lake Como is not far away either if you get the chance.
Getting drunk on Limoncello is a new experience well worth a try.
My favourite memory of Milan is sitting at a crossroads with a policeman directing traffic coming from 4 directions. Opposite me was a 14 year old kid on a Vespa, his kid brother huddled in front of him and his mate on the pillion, with not a helmet between them. The copper held his hand up to stop them and when he turned his back, the scooter went behind him and the kid on the back slapped his bum as they sped off. The copper through his hands up in frustration and stormed off leaving the traffic to sort itself out. Timeless.

McMONSTRO
06-07-2006, 11:35 AM
LIMONCELLO
Thats the stuff! Had a bottle in a resteraunt in Varese while I was over for the SBK's at Monza....result.....one R1 rider with a twisted ankle after falling over in the town square afterwards!

McMonstro

gary tompkins
06-07-2006, 04:57 PM
West Country mature chedder - 2 for the price of 1

Duncan
06-07-2006, 07:37 PM
I'm there for a few days in a couple of weeks, any recommendations?

Speak to our mad Italian with the 996 Roberto. He is from Milan and lived there for many years, still goes back occasionally. I have his tel no and e mail if you need it.

If he cant tell you how to get in trouble then no one can.
:biggrin: :biggrin: