PDA

View Full Version : Raffle prizes!

Tigerlily
04-07-2006, 11:11 AM
Hi all,

The raffle for next year will have a slight twist......

We're actually planning to have 2 raffles!

One will be the same as this year - selling tickets on the day for "small" prizes.

The other will be more of a "Prize Draw".
Pre-printed tickets which will be sold in the weeks/months before the MAD weekend and the prizes will (hopefully) be "big" ones! I'm talking bigger value prizes, not physically bigger :mand:

So that we can take full advantage of the opportunity to advertise prizes and raise money, we want to have raffle prizes organised as soon as possible.

I've got a list of places I want to email about donating prizes and as soon as I start to hear back from them with offers I'll post on this thread so that we all know what we've got!

Those of you who have already offered to help out...... if you could start asking/harrassing people as soon as possible and then post on here to let us know what you've got, that'd be really helpful :D

Thanks everyone and good luck with the scrounging!

Julie
04-07-2006, 11:49 AM
http://i78.photobucket.com/albums/j87/Julie-horne/rossi.jpg

I have a brand new copy of this book - would that be a good prize i would be happy to give it to the raffle

Tigerlily
04-07-2006, 12:23 PM
Thanks Julie! That'd be great :D

I wonder if I stand any chance of getting it signed by him too?

At least I've got 12 months to try!

Julie
04-07-2006, 12:32 PM
OK - What shall i do?

post it to you?

Tigerlily
04-07-2006, 12:50 PM
Sounds like a good excuse for a meet up if you've got free Sunday coming up?

If not I'll send you my address.

Julie
04-07-2006, 01:14 PM
Julie are you going to the Buelle day on the 22nd?
If so I can pass it to you then?

Tigerlily
04-07-2006, 03:19 PM
Yep, we're both planning on going to the Buell do..... that reminds me...must remind dazzi!

See you there!:mand:

Rabbit
05-07-2006, 07:20 AM
The other will be more of a "Prize Draw".
Pre-printed tickets which will be sold in the weeks/months before the MAD weekend and the prizes will (hopefully) be "big" ones! I'm talking bigger value prizes, not physically bigger :mand:

There are very strict rules about this and I still haven't got to the bottom of it myself. Have a look here (http://www.tendringdc.gov.uk/NR/rdonlyres/2FE6F520-863C-4A06-A0B1-D8999DAE0D1C/0/LotteriesandtheLaw.pdf) for more details.

You are definitely OK selling tickets AT the event itself but it gets a bit sticky when pre-selling and you are not allowed to post tickets. I have got the Anthony Nolan Trust looking into this for me at the moment as I was going to raffle my NC30 for them, but so far they haven't been able to tell me whether it is legal to do this through an internet forum. I will let you know if and when I find out anything else.

Tigerlily
05-07-2006, 08:50 AM
We've not discussed the finer points yet but we're thinking we can sell the tickets at Squire's on the run up to the event.

I wouldn't dream of posting tickets out to people - we all know how unreliable the post office can be!

Anything you can find out will be very helpful though, thanks :)