PDA

View Full Version : someone must also have this problem

sidrat
03-07-2006, 10:05 PM
my seat is/has rubbed off all the paint on the frame, in 3 months and 4000 miles!!, i cant remember this happening before???? is the red paint softer???? I remember there being little rubber pads in the bottom of the seats that you used to lose, my dealer says i am dreaming????? anyone???

ricky
03-07-2006, 10:07 PM
my seat is/has rubbed off all the paint on the frame, in 3 months and 4000 miles!!, i cant remember this happening before???? is the red paint softer???? I remember there being little rubber pads in the bottom of the seats that you used to lose, my dealer says i am dreaming????? anyone???
same miles same problem!! but mines a dark! (matt black) i saw someone at the weekender with wee pads on but he put them there himself!! seemed to do the trick! in fact im goin to get some tomorrow!!:mand:

bigredduke
03-07-2006, 10:09 PM
same miles same problem!! but mines a dark! (matt black) i saw someone at the weekender with wee pads on but he put them there himself!! seemed to do the trick! in fact im goin to get some tomorrow!!:mand:

Wee pads on? Go on Ricky, spill the beans! Whose the incontinent UKMOC member?

ricky
03-07-2006, 10:12 PM
Wee pads on? Go on Ricky, spill the beans! Whose the incontinent UKMOC member?
well its abit embarrassing for him really as he couldnt ride his bike because of it! (dont worry bodycote i wont tell!)

sidrat
03-07-2006, 10:19 PM
not those pads, RUBBER ones!, neat little rubber ones, maybe they were on another ducati i owned, but i was sure it was a monster

ricky
03-07-2006, 10:26 PM
not those pads, RUBBER ones!, neat little rubber ones, maybe they were on another ducati i owned, but i was sure it was a monster
the pads i saw ON A BIKE were those little white sticky backed spongy ones that you can get for a quid!! :mand:

Stafford
03-07-2006, 10:50 PM
Does this have anything to do with the "How Heavy" thread in Random Chat? :mand:
Oops
Q

bod
03-07-2006, 11:33 PM
Paint has rubbed off the tank where the seat fits but it's plastic so won't rust.
Unlike the rest of the bike:eek:

Mrs Soup
04-07-2006, 11:13 PM
Had the seat and tank replaced under warranty within 6 months and 2000 miles. The dealer (Riders) put bits of sticky back plastic where it rubbed, but it's worn through those.

bod
05-07-2006, 08:36 PM
Tis the metal staples on mine that hold the seat covering to the seat,that have caused the damage,there are 100's of them under there.

emily's driver
05-07-2006, 09:20 PM
Buy yourself a sheet of "Tecnosel" clear plastic film, as in the company who make the seat gel pads for many a racing bike. It is quite a thick self adhesive film that has to be heated to become flexible and when applied stays put but can easily be removed with the aid of your own (well who knows these days) or your other half's hairdryer. It is resistant to most things including stone chips (makes excellent protection for fork leg stanchions and is more than up to the job of protecting the tank from the seat rubbing on it or as is the case here, the seat rubbing on the frame rails. Saying that, given the hassle you have had with your bike, maybe you should go down the warranty route.