PDA

View Full Version : Chain needed for Monster 600 2001 model

djkus
03-07-2006, 08:57 PM
Hi, my bike failed the MOT! :( so no more riding till i get the things sorted on it..
failed on..
chain being loose, i know it has a bit of rust forming, so going to replace it..
oil leaking from near the sensor
headlight needs alligned..

thing is... where can i get a chain for my bike at a reasonable price.. obviously not going to ducati dealer for them to sort out..

oil appears to be leaking from around where the sensor plugs in... drips out at a regular rate when sitting idle at lights ect... no idea what it is but hopefully the service guy will see what it is..

so, im left with getting the chain..

any ideas guys?
2001 m600 here

Shandy
03-07-2006, 09:02 PM
Try stuart at spareshack he did me a good price on a DID X ring chain some time ago which cost virtualy nowt to get fitted.

Cheers,

Shandy

ricky
03-07-2006, 09:10 PM
im nearly certain i saw cheaper ones in the demon tweaks magazine with mcn last week!! Try oiling your chain next time ya plonker!! :mand:

djkus
03-07-2006, 09:13 PM
ricky, i take it u are replying to my txt on the forum here.lol
u cheap skate..

stuart from spareshack answered there (1010pm!), didnt expect an answer on the phone..
anyway..
he is able to do the "did" (?) xring front and rear sprocket set.. and chain for 110 plus the vat

does cheaper one for 80 quid ish, but said that u get what u pay for and the dearer ones do last a lot longer in the end of the day..

so, what u think, bike has done 8k or so, will i just replace the whole lot whilst im at it ?

ricky
03-07-2006, 09:17 PM
i'd try demon tweaks then busters and see the difference in price, if it looks good still and you can afford it i'd get the whole set as we know how much you take care of your bike.......NOT!:eek:

Shandy
03-07-2006, 09:19 PM
ricky, i take it u are replying to my txt on the forum here.lol
u cheap skate..

stuart from spareshack answered there (1010pm!), didnt expect an answer on the phone..
anyway..
he is able to do the "did" (?) xring front and rear sprocket set.. and chain for 110 plus the vat

does cheaper one for 80 quid ish, but said that u get what u pay for and the dearer ones do last a lot longer in the end of the day..

so, what u think, bike has done 8k or so, will i just replace the whole lot whilst im at it ?

Sprokets probably ok unless theres wear around the teeth etc if its ok theres no real need to change it. But if you chains as bad as it is it may be worth doing the lot for peace of mind if you can spare the cash.

djkus
03-07-2006, 09:21 PM
m8 i do take care of my bike ffs, just we all dont have the luxeries of a heated garage, heated flooring for the bikes wheels and a butler on hand 24/7 to polish it like yourself.

ill look about, butprobably not much diff in price

ricky
03-07-2006, 09:24 PM
m8 i do take care of my bike ffs, just we all dont have the luxeries of a heated garage, heated flooring for the bikes wheels and a butler on hand 24/7 to polish it like yourself.

ill look about, butprobably not much diff in price
dont be cheeky ya big lanky git!! :mand: and its my MAIDS that do the polishing my butler is stictly for beating up annoying people when i cant be bothered!! And NEVER oiling your chain and keepin it looser than your belt at a boyzone concert is hardly 'lookin after' your bike!!:eek: :mand: hee hee ya know i like ya really!!
:mand:

djkus
03-07-2006, 09:26 PM
So you admit you keep your belt loose at boyzone concerts? Im concerned..

ricky
03-07-2006, 09:27 PM
dont be............. i had braces on aswell!! :mand:

Shandy
03-07-2006, 09:30 PM
So you admit you keep your belt loose at boyzone concerts? Im concerned..

I'm more worried about him actually admitting to going to boyzone concerts :gay: isn't that punishable by death in some countries?????

ricky
03-07-2006, 09:33 PM
I'm more worried about him actually admitting to going to boyzone concerts :gay: isn't that punishable by death in some countries?????
not in northern ireland!! infact its a law that everyone has to go to at least one!!:mand:

djkus
03-07-2006, 09:36 PM
well, i must have broken the law, coz i aint been! was at depeche mode in dublin
last monday night though. was good. :)

ricky
03-07-2006, 09:41 PM
well, i must have broken the law, coz i aint been! was at depeche mode in dublin
last monday night though. was good. :)
and you modelled for a gay mag and a fashion show in a real dodgy hotel!!:gay:

djkus
03-07-2006, 10:09 PM
ricky, one of them scot oiler things is what i need.. admitingly the chain wasnt maybe cared for as much as it could have been..

maybe ill order one. i "knoW" they are for lazy people.. but its me...
either bad chain or one of them fitted.. what u think?

any good?

djkus
03-07-2006, 10:11 PM
fashion show yes,
gay magazine no

and the hotel is a 3 or 4 star hotel dude, its proper bo.

djkus
04-07-2006, 01:00 PM
so.... will i order the front/rear sprocket and chain?
is there any rteal need to replace these after asround 8thousand miles?

cant see any place selling "just" the chain...

sadbiker
04-07-2006, 01:16 PM
I got a gen ducati kit for a 620 for £100 from our local dealer....
Afam Sprockets and DID chain..... But due to them supplying the M600 kit by mistake (4 links 2 short) they got me a replacement DID chain in the correct length which turned out to be a Gold X ring... what a result.

Yes change your sprockets, anything over a 1000 miles can cause premature wear to a new chain ( won't last as long) . My missus C&S lasted to 16K but should have been replaced earlier as very loose.

djkus
04-07-2006, 01:52 PM
so around £120 or so for the lot then.?
getting some guy to fit it.. all addss up dont it..

sadbiker
04-07-2006, 02:12 PM
I would have thought about £100 if you look around. But yes can stretch up. It is easier enought to do yourself if you have a chain rivetor

Kiwi
04-07-2006, 07:01 PM
newark auto jumble there is a guy selling quality o ring chain at very good prices

he does other autojumbles as well

bought a chain off him about 5 years ago and fitted a scotoiler and no problmes what so ever

scotoiler is a doddle to fit on a monster only takes about 1/2 a hour

ricky
04-07-2006, 07:03 PM
newark auto jumble there is a guy selling quality o ring chain at very good prices

he does other autojumbles as well

bought a chain off him about 5 years ago and fitted a scotoiler and no problmes what so ever

scotoiler is a doddle to fit on a monster only takes about 1/2 a hour
abit far for djkus to go though!!:mand:

djkus
04-07-2006, 09:45 PM
ricky, what u mean?
1/2 hour to fit?
MM, ur right.. got to bring it to some guy.

ricky
04-07-2006, 09:51 PM
newark is abit far 4 a chain!! hows u mate what u goin to do?

djkus
05-07-2006, 06:46 AM
thinkin ill ring up and get one today. 110 plus vat seems to be the price for a did xring front/rear/chain set..
unless u can see someplcae online cheaper

hein gerich was 125 for some set

Zimbo
05-07-2006, 07:17 AM
We bought A Tzubaki X-ring gold chain plus sprockets for an M600 online last year for under a ton, forget where from, worth searching for though!

giler
05-07-2006, 08:39 AM
Try B&C Express, always used them. They are cheap & quick.
Giler

Zimbo
05-07-2006, 04:26 PM
Yup, B&C Express, that's the place. Tsubaki X-ring gold chain plus steel renthal front and rear sprockets, in a choice of sizes, £91 delivered, if you can find better or cheaper you're doing extremely well!

djkus
05-07-2006, 05:08 PM
on the site now, how do i know which one it is i neeD?

djkus
05-07-2006, 05:12 PM
http://www.bandcexpress.co.uk/cgi-bin/bc_page.pl?cat=KITS-ROAD
Renthal Sprockets and Tsubaki X Ring Gold

5030.RE.APX

£ 91.89

plus

CARRIAGE Northern Ireland
1 11.75

(we always get stung on that!! nasty!)

seems a good price mate! thanks for that! ordered it there, hope it comes soon as this weather is amazing.. and ive got no bike! :(

thanks for all ur advice again.