PDA

View Full Version : Chas Bikes/Puncture

Headhunter
03-07-2006, 07:36 PM
Oh the joys of a rear wheel puncture on a country road somewhere between Henley on Thames and the M4 wearing full leathers in 32c heat for near on 3 hours!

I wont even go into one about the number of "Sunday bikers" on their plastic bullets who kindly beeped their horn as they went past - whatever happened to bikers stopping to help when a fellow biker is in need of help????!!!!! :Furious: But I guess they were pleasant after the 20th car with teenage scrunts had gone past shouting cr*p and making w**nker signs!

Still at least good ol' Chasbikes rekindled my slipping faith in bikers - top service - have to be the cheapest in Central London for repairs etc and free food on top.

For anyone in London looking for standard repairs/replacement work, which doesn't need an experienced Ducati person to do it, then I really do recommend Chasbikes.

70 Great Suffolk St
London
SE1 0BL

www.chasbikes.co.uk :yoparty:

Darry
03-07-2006, 11:27 PM
Oh the joys of a rear wheel puncture on a country road somewhere between Henley on Thames and the M4 wearing full leathers in 32c heat for near on 3 hours!

I wont even go into one about the number of "Sunday bikers" on their plastic bullets who kindly beeped their horn as they went past - whatever happened to bikers stopping to help when a fellow biker is in need of help????!!!!! :Furious: But I guess they were pleasant after the 20th car with teenage scrunts had gone past shouting cr*p and making w**nker signs!

Still at least good ol' Chasbikes rekindled my slipping faith in bikers - top service - have to be the cheapest in Central London for repairs etc and free food on top.

For anyone in London looking for standard repairs/replacement work, which doesn't need an experienced Ducati person to do it, then I really do recommend Chasbikes.

70 Great Suffolk St
London
SE1 0BL

www.chasbikes.co.uk :yoparty:

Hi Headhunter,

After having several punctures myself (my bike not me), I now always carry a puncture repair kit under the seat. They're really easy to use and you'll be riding again within half an hour. Get them at any bike shop... Hein-Gericke do them for about £15.

Darry.

Headhunter
04-07-2006, 07:54 AM
Cheers Darry.

Unfortunately some kind person left a lovely piece of shrapnel in a laybye and it pretty much shredded the back tyre, so it was beyond repair :mad:

Have you got any closer to moving up the Monster ladder yet? Saw a couple of your previous posts with Ricky - did make me chuckle :mand:

Darry
04-07-2006, 02:59 PM
Cheers Darry.

Unfortunately some kind person left a lovely piece of shrapnel in a laybye and it pretty much shredded the back tyre, so it was beyond repair :mad:

Have you got any closer to moving up the Monster ladder yet? Saw a couple of your previous posts with Ricky - did make me chuckle :mand:

Nope still on the lower rungs... not as low as Ricky obviously.

And let me make this clear... I didn't post 'with' Ricky... I am not 'with' Ricky! :mand:

Bodybag
04-07-2006, 03:14 PM
And let me make this clear... I didn't post 'with' Ricky... I am not 'with' Ricky! :mand:
The tragedy of long distance relationships ruins another love story eh? :(

ricky
04-07-2006, 03:29 PM
Nope still on the lower rungs... not as low as Ricky obviously.

only coz i blew him out!!! :look: told him i didnt have the same sexual preferences as him :gay: !!

Darry
04-07-2006, 03:55 PM
only coz i blew him out!!! :look: told him i didnt have the same sexual preferences as him :gay: !!

So you are :gay: then ! Confirmed at last. :mand:

Headhunter
04-07-2006, 04:50 PM
Well if anyone needs any volcanized rubber for that extra bit of protection, I know Chasbikes has some! :mand:

slob
04-07-2006, 05:49 PM
I've used Chasbikes for years, top notch, where else can you get a puncture fixed at 8:30am on your way to work in cental London? Have they fixed their balancer yet? I got them to take my wheel round the corner to have it balanced, last month! As for instant repair kits, nothing pisses of the guy who has to change your tyre like a load of slimy gunk in the old one!

Darry
04-07-2006, 05:53 PM
I've used Chasbikes for years, top notch, where else can you get a puncture fixed at 8:30am on your way to work in cental London? Have they fixed their balancer yet? I got them to take my wheel round the corner to have it balanced, last month! As for instant repair kits, nothing pisses of the guy who has to change your tyre like a load of slimy gunk in the old one!

I was only refering to the plug type repair kits not the pre-emptive liquid gunk!

ricky
04-07-2006, 05:56 PM
I was only refering to the plug type repair kits not the pre-emptive liquid gunk!
darry ive heard you'v a problem with pre emptive gunk on a more personal issue!!:rolleyes:

slob
04-07-2006, 06:01 PM
I was thinking of the post puncture gunk. I've never used the pre-emtive gunk, years ago 'they' said it ate your tyres from the inside, dunno if it still does.

Headhunter
04-07-2006, 06:28 PM
I've used Chasbikes for years, top notch, where else can you get a puncture fixed at 8:30am on your way to work in cental London? Have they fixed their balancer yet?

I bloody hope so! Bike seems fine, so am guessing (well praying) yes.

Keep an eye out in the obituary pages though.

Darry
04-07-2006, 08:08 PM
I was thinking of the post puncture gunk. I've never used the pre-emtive gunk, years ago 'they' said it ate your tyres from the inside, dunno if it still does.

You're only supposed to use a little bit of the gunk... never seemed to be too much mess when they took the tyre off. Maybe its its just because you're a slob that you get the stuff everywhere?:D

Darry
04-07-2006, 08:08 PM
darry ive heard you'v a problem with pre emptive gunk on a more personal issue!!:rolleyes:

And I've heard you have a problem with plugs!!! :ymca: :eyepopping: :D

ricky
04-07-2006, 08:14 PM
And I've heard you have a problem with plugs!!! :ymca: :eyepopping: :D
nothing abit of KY wont sort out!!:ymca: :chuckle: seriously though is that puncture kit good?

Darry
04-07-2006, 10:29 PM
nothing abit of KY wont sort out!!:ymca: :chuckle: seriously though is that puncture kit good?

Seriously Ricky, Yes. Definitely worth it... £12.99 at Hein-Gericke. Easy to use and means you don't have to wait for the RAC/AA.

http://www.hein-gericke.com/uk/images//prodpics/tubelessrepair.jpg

Here's the link
http://www.hein-gericke.com/uk/product_info.php/products_id/1723

(Wow a message to Ricky and I didn't take the p1ss!)

JMo
04-07-2006, 10:46 PM
You're only supposed to use a little bit of the gunk... never seemed to be too much mess when they took the tyre off. Maybe its its just because you're a slob that you get the stuff everywhere?:D

I think Slob was referring to the Tyre Weld type stuff that is a foam you put into the tyre after a puncture and it plugs the hole and reinflates at the same time...

Like you say, you only need to use a little bit of glue with a puncture kit/plug and it won't upset a tyre fitter...

xxx

Darry
04-07-2006, 11:34 PM
I think Slob was referring to the Tyre Weld type stuff that is a foam you put into the tyre after a puncture and it plugs the hole and reinflates at the same time...

Like you say, you only need to use a little bit of glue with a puncture kit/plug and it won't upset a tyre fitter...

xxx

A-haaa all is clear... thanks JMo... I thought he meant Punctureseal, which is put in before.

https://www.secure-server-hosting.com/secutran/secureforms/sh201496/bottle2.jpg

Look here for more info> http://www.punctureseal.com/biker.htm