PDA

View Full Version : Moto GP - It was fantastic!

rebel
03-07-2006, 06:19 PM
Myself and Madhatter went to Donington again this year to see the GP. We had a great run there, weather was hot and as usual, Rossi was at his best.:flag: A fantastic race and we managed to grab a great spot at the bottom of Craner Curves. A bit of a difference this year in the sun, as compared with the torrential rain last year. no car this year, so out inabout 20 mins, not four hours! Next year maybe VIP tickets? So...who else went?? :mand:

Shandy
03-07-2006, 06:36 PM
Yeah it was a good day i was there, i must have been near you for the main race i watched that one from the bottom of the craner curves, the 250 race from mcleans and the 125 race from near the esses (its amazing to see the change of direction with the speed involved), first bike racing event i've been to. I managed not to get burnt and walked miles during the day i think i saw the whole track. Went in the car and had no problems getting out of the car park as a load of people left after the main event. I'll probably go again next year as i enjoyed it so much.

Jim66a
03-07-2006, 07:33 PM
I was there with my son. We watched from between Hollywood and the Craner curves, Right opposite the hospitality 'flats'.
We went on the bike, Arrived just as it started to rain. Already 2 monsters in the car park, both red one looked like an S2r.
Was a great Day, Like rebel we made it out to the A50 in 15 - 20 mins. Followed a right tosser on a numpty. Both the guy and his young son in t shirt jeans and trainers!!! The loo's were clean all day and the Racing was Awsome.. Almost as good as the BSB guys.

Pallett has won a reprive

fatbloke
03-07-2006, 07:43 PM
I was there with my son. We watched from between Hollywood and the Craner curves, Right opposite the hospitality 'flats'.

I was in the Hospitaity flats along with PodgeRo, Emily & Nik_Codling, it was blood brill shade, food, drink, even our own waitress!! and luxury of luxury's proper toilets.

madhatter
03-07-2006, 07:47 PM
I was in the Hospital flats and luxury of luxury's proper toilets.

hmmm...must be something age related!:chuckle:

McMONSTRO
03-07-2006, 08:26 PM
Didn't go on Sunday...working in Knutsford, but we went on the Sat for qualifying, parked the bike by the coppice entrance, sat on the exit of the Esse's and had a great view of the track and the videowall, bumped into Mand and Alex (allways a pleasure!) who was doing wonderful things with a big lens! Drank gallons of Coke, ate ice creams and had a great day, stayed on to watch the footy.....that's all I'm saying about that! And rode home in glorious sun!
From what I've read on various sites the traffic mayhem that has happened for the last few years didn't happen this year....all seemed to run smoothly! Has Donington Park got it right at last? How was it for you?

McMonstro

rossi
03-07-2006, 08:42 PM
Good weather superb race and to top it off we got on the track at the melborn loop got covered in ruber and tyre smoke off of marco,s honda!
even got on the telly what moore could you ask for,roll on next year.

gjfevans
03-07-2006, 09:52 PM
I was on Craner Curves as well turning lobster in the sun. Forgot my factor 30:mad:
A great day though fantastic racing and the traffic to and from actually seemed organized.
I may even go again next year

Mand
03-07-2006, 10:02 PM
I was lucky enough to go for the whole three days. I was also lucky enough to have my photograph taken with the very lovely Chris Vermuelan. :mand:

The racing was awesome even though Pedrosa had it in the bag from the start, the Melandri/Rossi exchange at the end was brilliant. My brother and I were surrounded by Rossi fans on the Foggy Esses and you could only hear our cheers for Melandri. :chuckle:

I remembered my sunscreen but I am covered in freckles even more than before! Or maybe they are flies from wearing 'that' helmet?

Passed two monsters travelling on the M1 on the way home too. Sorry I haven't a clue who you were?