PDA

View Full Version : Three Cross V Moto Rapido

adpips
02-07-2006, 09:44 PM
My S4 is now due its service which will be my first as a Ducati owner. Just wondered if anyone has used Three Cross Motorcycles which is where i bought it. Or do you think Moto rapido in Winchester is is still the best option? Also my bike is an 02 model with 9000 miles on the clock 3000 done by me this last year, any tips on what to have done or advice in general.
Cheers Adam

MotoNik
02-07-2006, 09:52 PM
Personally, I'd use Rapido, but only because I know them better there. My experience of 3X is that they tend to view customers as walking money machines, and they lack the friendly and personal approach of Rapido.

I would suggest trying 2-4 Italia in Ringwood, but last time I went there they wasted an entire afternoon (whch I booked off work) to try unsuccesfully to load an FIM flashload. Seems you need to be a special member of an exclusive boys club to get what you need there. Shame.

Nik

sadbiker
02-07-2006, 09:59 PM
I haven't heard anything to bad about 3'x other than a guy at the Bristol Bike club has a bit of Italien Exotica in for accident repair, they have kept him waiting for ages and when he went down to see what the hold up was, the so called items requiring replacement on the part list was a load of bollocks. He tore through it and ripped apart whoever is in charge of the service/repairs side as half the items were fine. Shame as until then he had some good words to say about them.

I was suprised when I hear about this, such a shame as I hate companys that try to use the insurance as a get rich scheme as someones expense.

BoozyBOB
02-07-2006, 10:51 PM
give them both a call and ask for an estimated price and what they will do...
you could also try Snell's at Alton station top blokes

JMo
02-07-2006, 11:36 PM
Moto Rapido build and race 4-valve Ducati bikes...

Three Cross are a multi-franchise bike supermarket...

Yew decide.

xxx

sjr999r
03-07-2006, 12:46 AM
Moto Rapido build and race 4-valve Ducati bikes...

Three Cross are a multi-franchise bike supermarket...

Yew decide.

xxx

i'll second......the above aswell
saying that..a mate bought a MV F4 from SP perforamnce motorcycles in exeter...and was very very pissed around by them........but has had excellent service from 3X.....mind you the bike cost 15k and hes in the Special boat service unit Royal Marines....& hes abit of a hard ****er.....got anything to do with it???......nnnnahhh!!!!:mand:

fatbloke
03-07-2006, 05:03 AM
I'm a huge fan of MotoRapido the simple facts are they know what they're doing
and just as important, they care about what they're doing.

Pedro
03-07-2006, 05:18 AM
What the fat fella says, Moto Rapido everytime over 3X

Podge

singletrack
03-07-2006, 08:06 AM
I would use Moto Rapido or Snells.

CK & AK
03-07-2006, 08:08 AM
I would use Moto Rapido or Snells.

Both have an excellent reputation across the 3 Ducati forums/clubs :)

adpips
03-07-2006, 10:35 AM
Many Thanks for all the replies they were really useful. Moto Rapido i think.

Cheers again

Adam