PDA

View Full Version : ok then maybe my bike is qick enough!

ricky
02-07-2006, 10:47 AM
Its my own fault for sayin my bike was too slow!! ladies and gentlemen your little ulster man got himself a lovely speedin ticket!!:eek: was certainly on the cards that day though! Imagine the scene, lovely day, bike clean and polished, roads more or less empty, a great bking road with fast corners, long straights and a little mad man on his sexy M620!!:mand: Anyway i was in the 'zone', most of you know what i mean! Everything was goin perfect, bike goin well, i felt in control etc... when i saw this class lookin car in front of me, black tinted windows, twin pipes with a very loud noise comin from them, big wide wheels and a badge on it saying VR32 it was the new mad golf!! So i thought mmm lets have some fun here, we were travelling at a rather quick pace at this time already but he was revving like mad just about still in double figures, so i dropped a cog pinned the throttle to the stop and flew past!! :mand: Bout a mile or so later there was traffic so i eased off and just cruised along next thing i know the golf is right behind me and had somehow got some flashing lights and a couple of cops in it!! :eek: :banghead:
Thankfully he was a pretty decent guy (for a peeler) and understood that i was in control and he also said that if i'd over took the traffic in front it would of been more serious, so a 60 quid fine a couple of points and a reminder that im supposed to have r plate up (it was in my pocket) isnt a bad result really, goes to show that if you ride fast but safe and sensible the boys in blue (or green as they are over here) can cut you abit of slack!

LESSON LEARNT-, my bike is fast enough, in fact im gettin a smaller sprocket on the front to slow top end down abit.
PREDICTION- my next ticket will be for wheelies!!:mand:
FINAL THOUGHT- i love my bike, best thing i ever done was buying it!

klause
02-07-2006, 11:42 AM
I got pulled for wheelies. They admired the bike and commented on the luvly noise and gave me a slap on the wrist.

Darry
02-07-2006, 12:46 PM
Er Ricky... just looked up what an "R-plate" is...

"In Northern Ireland for one year after the passing of a driving test, the driver is defined as a "restricted driver" who must not exceed 45 mph and must display an "R-plate" consisting of an amber sans-serif R on a white background. L-plates in Northern Ireland commonly have an R-plate as a reverse side. "R-plate" drivers are often viewed as a nuisance on motorways, due to their limited speed, driving many restricted drivers to not display their "R-plates"."

Well you're a nuisance that's for sure :mand:

I am guessing you were doing at least double the resticted speed... so the cop really was being a good old chap!

mark cross
03-07-2006, 08:12 AM
[QUOTE=Darry]Er Ricky... just looked up what an "R-plate" is...

"In Northern Ireland "R" stands for RUNT:mand:

ricky
03-07-2006, 09:20 PM
[QUOTE=Darry]Er Ricky... just looked up what an "R-plate" is...

"In Northern Ireland "R" stands for RUNT:mand:
and C stands for C**T !! Ya cheeky gits!! just found out i got 3 points get caught again and its licence bye bye!! :cry: :cry: oh god im panicking now!! I'll just go riding with mark as its a known fact that bald men are crap at riding...... anything!!:eek: :mand:

slob
04-07-2006, 06:33 AM
Mark looks very familiar to me, in his avatar...

mark cross
04-07-2006, 12:27 PM
Mark looks very familiar to me, in his avatar...
Damn you fro figuring out my secret identity, i suppose you are one of the Tracey brothers eh?

mark cross
04-07-2006, 12:44 PM
I'll just go riding with mark as its a known fact that bald men are crap at riding...... anything!!:eek: :mand:[/QUOTE]
being bald has its advantages over you hairy types
1. 1 step away from our(alleged)ape type ancestors
2. no need to worry about girly hair products
3. no such thing as helmet hair or gunk on your liner:eek:
4. higher testosterone levels lead to male pattern baldness, therefore more masculine than youse hairy girls:gay:
5. keep getting free meals as keep getting mistaken for bald world cup goal keepers
6. still better looking faster and with a much nicer bike thanRicky
7. better stop.........:mand:

ricky
04-07-2006, 02:28 PM
I'll just go riding with mark as its a known fact that bald men are crap at riding...... anything!!:eek: :mand:
being bald has its advantages over you hairy types
1. 1 step away from our(alleged)ape type ancestors
2. no need to worry about girly hair products
3. no such thing as helmet hair or gunk on your liner:eek:
4. higher testosterone levels lead to male pattern baldness, therefore more masculine than youse hairy girls:gay:
5. keep getting free meals as keep getting mistaken for bald world cup goal keepers
6. still better looking faster and with a much nicer bike thanRicky
7. better stop.........:mand:[/QUOTE]
plus you can scare off attackers by the shine comin of your cue ball dome!!:mand: