PDA

View Full Version : Hanging Revs: Final Conclusion

eonan
01-07-2006, 02:08 PM
So it looks like the revs hanging when coming to a stop is not a quirk, either of Ducati or the FCR’s.

It may not bother you enough to want do anything about it, and whether or not any damage is being done, I don’t really know enough to be able to say.

All I can say is that it’s not supposed to happen, and with a little tinkering, doesn’t need to happen :thumbsup:

antonioshabirto
02-10-2006, 04:08 AM
So it looks like the revs hanging when coming to a stop is not a quirk, either of Ducati or the FCR’s.

It may not bother you enough to want do anything about it, and whether or not any damage is being done, I don’t really know enough to be able to say.

All I can say is that it’s not supposed to happen, and with a little tinkering, doesn’t need to happen :thumbsup:

so what was being done and once again ... wht size are u FCR ?

Shandy
02-10-2006, 04:11 PM

I take it playing with the needle sizes worked out then :idea: i'd be interested to know what you did in the end as mines coming apart later this month and if it's something that can be corrected with not too much bother i may as well do it, although after riding in the rain the other day it's not been as bad :scratch:

eonan
02-10-2006, 06:38 PM
I take it playing with the needle sizes worked out then :idea: i'd be interested to know what you did in the end as mines coming apart later this month and if it's something that can be corrected with not too much bother i may as well do it, although after riding in the rain the other day it's not been as bad :scratch:

I reduced the size of the slow jets, and adjusted the slow air and fuel screws until she was running like a dream :thumbsup: I honestly think the biggest problem though, was the poor compression feedback in the vertical cylinder.

You having problems then Shandy?

Shandy
02-10-2006, 07:15 PM
You having problems then Shandy?

Yeah quite a few to do with my ex :mand:

But with the bike, i've had the hanging revs thing varrying up to 2000rpm ish for 3 years since getting the bike, just acepted it as part of the charm of owning an old monster. But if it can be sorted i'm going to have a good go at it over the winter while the bikes in peices :thumbsup: i suspect that my problems stem from a mixture of a poorly fitted/set up dyno jet kit and the carbs just needing a damn good clean.

The bike had been unused and in a barn for nearly 2 years before i bought it :shocked:

Thanks for the advice on the slow jet sizes/settings ill keep it in mind if after a good clean i still get problems. I don't really want to start changing needles becasue FCR's are on the shopping list for next year when the funds will allow.

Hows the project going??

Cheers,

Shandy

eonan
02-10-2006, 07:54 PM
Yeah quite a few to do with my ex :mand:

But with the bike, i've had the hanging revs thing varrying up to 2000rpm ish for 3 years since getting the bike, just acepted it as part of the charm of owning an old monster. But if it can be sorted i'm going to have a good go at it over the winter while the bikes in peices :thumbsup: i suspect that my problems stem from a mixture of a poorly fitted/set up dyno jet kit and the carbs just needing a damn good clean.

The bike had been unused and in a barn for nearly 2 years before i bought it :shocked:

Thanks for the advice on the slow jet sizes/settings ill keep it in mind if after a good clean i still get problems. I don't really want to start changing needles becasue FCR's are on the shopping list for next year when the funds will allow.

Hows the project going??

Cheers,

Shandy

To be honest I haven't done a thing since stripping it down. I've been in Kyiv and Moscow for the best part of two months, so she's still lying in bits.

I got the pipes back from the ceramic coaters, but that's about it. The finish looks superb...it's gonna be a long, long time before any sound comes out of them again though...I'm in Ireland this week, then back to Kyiv next week again :D

Shandy
02-10-2006, 08:06 PM
To be honest I haven't done a thing since stripping it down. I've been in Kyiv and Moscow for the best part of two months, so she's still lying in bits.

I got the pipes back from the ceramic coaters, but that's about it. The finish looks superb...it's gonna be a long, long time before any sound comes out of them again though...I'm in Ireland this week, then back to Kyiv next week again

Now they bloody look good, i've never seen that done to pipes before goes well with the carbon termi's :thumbsup:

Just out of interest whats Moscow like as a place? I'm changing jobs at the end of the month and may have to go there from time to time.

eonan
02-10-2006, 08:14 PM
Now they bloody look good, i've never seen that done to pipes before goes well with the carbon termi's :thumbsup:

Just out of interest whats Moscow like as a place? I'm changing jobs at the end of the month and may have to go there from time to time.

Big...huge...massive! Bit too big for me. Really interesting place to visit though, especially if you know folk from there who'll take you to all the best places, otherwise you'd spend a lifetime trying to find them.

St Petersburg and Kyiv though...:heart: :heart: :heart:

antonioshabirto
03-10-2006, 05:40 AM
Big...huge...massive! Bit too big for me. Really interesting place to visit though, especially if you know folk from there who'll take you to all the best places, otherwise you'd spend a lifetime trying to find them.

St Petersburg and Kyiv though...:heart: :heart: :heart:

i tried requesting the slow jet from the website u gave ... but no reply from them at all

how did u previously buy from them ??

theres only email to contact them

eonan
03-10-2006, 07:09 AM
i tried requesting the slow jet from the website u gave ... but no reply from them at all

Allens Performance R&D Ltd Tel: 01949 836733

antonioshabirto
03-10-2006, 07:55 AM

well i will cost me a lot to call them ... will try n email them again

Bodybag
03-10-2006, 10:12 AM
Hi Eonan,

Love the pipes, could you tell me who did them and how much it cost please?

Thanks.

Phil

eonan
03-10-2006, 03:08 PM
well i will cost me a lot to call them ... will try n email them again

Ah sorry mate, just noticed where you are. Maybe we could sort you out from over here...let me know :thumbsup:

eonan
03-10-2006, 03:11 PM
Hi Eonan,

Love the pipes, could you tell me who did them and how much it cost please?

Thanks.

Phil

Hi mate...they were done by Camcoat (www.camcoat.u-net.com), and cost £120 + £10 P&P. Not cheap, but the finish is just superb...the photo doesn't really do them any justice.

antonioshabirto
04-10-2006, 01:48 AM
Ah sorry mate, just noticed where you are. Maybe we could sort you out from over here...let me know :thumbsup:

it be great if you can help .... will let you know once im in need of this jets

in meanwhile did u get my pm ....