PDA

View Full Version : Flaking Paint

daedos
30-06-2006, 07:39 AM
Hi Guys, I've searched the forum and know that it is a common problem, but for bikes out of warranty what is the best solution and how much? The paint is flaking on the right hand side of the 620 engine (not clutch side).

queen_gpants
02-07-2006, 08:50 AM
got the same problem only the paint is flaking on the front of the cylinder head so I can't even unbolt it and repaint it, it's in a really obvious place as well :mad:

What's hacks me off the most is I am rebuilding a 16 year old nc30 at the moment which has stood in a dark damp mouldy garage for the last 4 years, not covered up, just parked up and left and the paintwork looks better than my 3 year old monster! :confused:

clearly Honda managed to find paint back in the late 80's which was weatherpoof unlike Ducati!

adpips
02-07-2006, 09:49 PM
My S4 is on clutch side. I'm a ducati newbe and would also appreciate tips or help instead of trawling old posts.

Thank You

Adam

Will
03-07-2006, 07:54 AM
Hi Guys, I've searched the forum and know that it is a common problem, but for bikes out of warranty what is the best solution and how much? The paint is flaking on the right hand side of the 620 engine (not clutch side).

They all do that sir!

Will
03-07-2006, 07:55 AM

Replace the cover :-)