PDA

View Full Version : AHHH service numpty's!!!!

Roberto
28-06-2006, 08:35 PM
I wont mention any names in this, but its kinda obvious...

Anyone know of a GOOD duc dealer to get your bike serviced not too far from Newcastle?

dont need to worry till 6k like, upto that point ill do it myself...

to cut a long story short.

Dropped off bike for first service today, gleaming in mint cond i would add..

a\ couldnt find my booking, were not going to do it, good start! considering I had to travel a little, as the place i got it from wouldnt get me in for 6weeks (attempted to book week before pickup for local, this one booked same time) lots of argument l8tr they eventually aggree to do service.

b\ pick up bike 6hours l8tr and....

ITs fooooooking minging, OIL everwhere, and i mean everwhere, tank, wheels, swingarm, shock totally caked, minging everywhere tbh, one white bike now pretty much stealth black...

thats before i ride it home.

get the bugger home and its taken me 5.5hours to put right, they had put enough oil on the bugger for 10bikes for many years total numptys...

I dont know what the plan was, especially the chain hmmm 6k service next, lads put enough gunk on that chain too last till then..

so whos good near me then...

:mad: :mad:

wish I had taken pics it was seriously bad, and prolly dangerous.

I think they have done it on purpose to tbh, payback for me not being best pleased at them loosing my serivice appointment.

so they suck... whos good?

5.5hours degreasing is no barrel of laughs, I need a beer anyone care to join me :)

sorry for the rant folks..

Shandy
28-06-2006, 08:44 PM
I wont mention any names in this, but its kinda obvious...

Anyone know of a GOOD duc dealer to get your bike serviced not too far from Newcastle?

Thats a proper bummer that is :toilet:, sorry i can't help with another dealer as i'm down sarf and not op narrff, but i do think you should name and shame. People who give bad service deserve everything they get IMO and it will let others know too.

I'm having a beer for you now in sympathy (was having one anyway but any excuse for another :mand: ) i bloody hate degreasing stuff :banghead: .

Shandy

Scotty
28-06-2006, 10:02 PM
DIT in washington
is local, after that i think your traveling a bit

emily's driver
29-06-2006, 08:16 AM
That's pretty poor service. I would have been tempted to charge them for your time, effort and material costs. Failing that a reduction in your bill. Don't know of any dealers your way, but if you get enough testimonials from people, for another local one, then go with that. Mine know what a fussy barsteward I am so they probably would rather avoid the aggro from me, if they did a sloppy job, not that they ever have, but then that's why I use them. Hope you manage to get something back from them, if nothing else an apology for the shoddy service.

Roberto
29-06-2006, 08:47 AM
DIT in washington
is local, after that i think your traveling a bit

that who you use?

or the one in newcastle?, yesterday was Durham.

Going into Newcastle today anyway for a little chat, a calm but stern one, its a good job i didnt call them yesterday the convo wouldnt of been very constructive.

get them to do my book properly while im there, durham have just stamped it and left the rest blank..

Rob

nambduke
29-06-2006, 09:01 AM
I've used Ducati Leeds and had good service. Expensive, but that's franchised dealers for you. I'm based near Redcar, but worth the 150mile round trip

Now my bike's out of the warranty period, I've heard good reports about Ducti John - an independant near Leeds - who I might consider.

Interetsed how you get on with the Newcastle dealer as I'm sure the rest of the group are!

Best of luck,
nambduke
Mark

Roberto
29-06-2006, 07:56 PM
popped in to the newcastle branch said my piece about durham, they seemed genuinely shocked and couldnt appologize enough, they took my bike in the garage there and then too give it the once over, and to clear the "Maint" showing on the display since durham didnt do it.

they asured me durham will be in for a kicking, and that would of not gone down at Newcastle etc etc..

Guess I willl find out at 6k, prolly been a little soft with them, they did seem very very shocked when i told them the crack.

cheeky monkey
29-06-2006, 08:40 PM
duc john when its out of warranty. moto strada near ducati leeds is good