PDA

View Full Version : potentiometer

LAURENT
28-06-2006, 07:31 PM
Following a disaster done by Baines Racing I had to remove the potentiometer of the bike and refit it.
Someone knows how to adjust the position of this potentiometer ?
Thanks

SimonH
29-06-2006, 05:07 PM
I take it you mean the throttle position pot?

If so you need a meter on the orange wire going into the EMU and you set it to the range 7 - 350 mv closed to open.

My bike has the older type EMU. I suggest you speak to Pete at Pro V Twins about this.

It's not difficult to set, you just need a decent digital multi-meter

LAURENT
29-06-2006, 08:34 PM
The potentiometer controling the position of the air inlet valve. It is an injection

Sparky
30-06-2006, 08:30 AM
My understanding of this is that older fuel injected bikes had a non-linear potentiometer and you set these by measuring the voltage. Later bikes have a linear potentiometer and you tell the ECU to learn the closed throttle position. If it's the linear type you will either need access to the Ducati methasis tool or some special software from the likes of Technoresearch which is rather expensive if your only going to use it once.

If it helps I could scan the relavant pages from my M1000 workshop manual, I imaging the're very similar. I do have the Technoresearch software and cables so in theory you should be able to use this but I bought it specifically for my M1000 so it may not work on yours. I may be free Sunday morning if you want to give it a go.

chris

Shauns4
30-06-2006, 03:10 PM
I also have the technoresearch software but it is of little use as it only measures the angle, the manaul (for the S4) only gives a voltage and as the voltage vs angle is non linear you can't work out what volts = angle.

The best way is to use a multimeter and the reference setting is 150 mV fully closed, to do this you need to disconnect the throttle linkage and back off the idle stop screw.

I can send more detail if needed.

ps the above for an S4 but I guess they will be the same.

LAURENT
30-06-2006, 09:21 PM
Thanks for your help. I had enough trying , thebike is going to the garage tommorow.
A big bill in perspective :o