PDA

View Full Version : Service in France?

bigredduke
26-06-2006, 06:49 PM
My S4R is due for it's 12000/2year service in July. I have been quoted around £550 which IMO is 'kin expensive but about the going rate for a main dealer.

I am taking the bike to France this Summer & I wondered about having it serviced at a Ducati dealer over there (there is one near where we are staying). I have heard reports of car servicing being cheaper over there - has anyone experienced the same for bikes (especially Ducati's)?

nambduke
27-06-2006, 08:43 AM
Hi bigredduke,

Have you considered Ducati John at Leeds? Heard good reports about him and he is cheaper than the main dealers.

Just a thought

Regards,
nambduke
Mark

bigredduke
27-06-2006, 10:28 AM
Yes, I will probably avail of his services next time, but the bike is only just at the end of it's warranty period & I thought it would be a good idea to have it done by a main dealer just in case.

Another member on the site (Laurent who is French) has very kindly contacted a dealer in Perpignan on my behalf, which is very near to where we are staying this Summer and they have quoted the same price in Euros as it would cost in sterling here, so that's a big saving. I am hoping to get it booked in over there. Laurent is on the case!

nambduke
27-06-2006, 11:36 AM
I was in the same dilemma with my bike.....now it's just turned 2, I'll be considering Ducati John.

£ and Euros.....I'm holidaying around Le Mans/Loire Valley with the family this summer - no bike for 2 weeks....bummer! - and I found that Norfolkline ferries were offering cheaper prices in Euros than in £....£158 or Euro158.....I took the Euro offer! Considering it was for 4 passengers, a car and a caravan, it was a bit of a bargain....

Best of luck with your trip.....we will get to Whitby one day! PS weather looks ok for most of the week if you fancy meeting up one evening (Wed/Thurs)

Regards,
nambduke
Mark

dazzi-b
27-06-2006, 12:35 PM
I was in the same dilemma with my bike.....now it's just turned 2, I'll be considering Ducati John...

Top bloke, first class service, knows his stuff and takes pride in his work. My bike will be going back to him when the time comes around :thumbsup:

logyk
27-06-2006, 02:02 PM
Paul,

Try Neil at Cornerspeed. He is now an authorised Ducati Service Centre....check the Ducati Uk website!

He is very thorough and trustworthy....I count him a friend.

He is just off the M1 in Kirkby in Ashfield.

Other members now use him....don't they ladies !

bigredduke
27-06-2006, 02:22 PM
I tried Cornerspeed but they were unable to fit me in before August and I shall be in France by then!