PDA

View Full Version : Proteam save the day again!!

Bodybag
22-06-2006, 07:16 PM
Yet again, Beelzebub coughed and spluttered his way into London and yet again Proteam went above and beyond the call of duty to get him back on the road for me.

He died twice on the way into work this morning, first time on Park Lane and second time on Victoria Street at 12.30. I rang Proteam to let them know I would be on my way shortly and asked if they could have a look at him for me when I got there. There's only two guys work there, Matt and Alex. Alex normally finishes at 3 as he's in from 7am but at 3.45, he rings me to ask what time I'll be there. 3.5 hours sat at the side of the road in London waiting for recovery!!

Anyway, Beelzebub is pulled off the trailer and put straight onto a ramp and Alex starts work on him. After much head scratching as to why there are so many symptoms, the problem(s) are resolved. It turns out that:

a. My new bug eyes are draining the battery too quickly.
b. The fans both come on simultaneously instead of individually (draining the battery).
c. The coil for one of the cylinders was knackered!

All these problems added up to make Beelzebub prone to failing when stop/starting in the London traffic and running on one cylinder at low revs and idle!! Not good.

After all my waffling on above, I just want to say to Alex and Matt thank you very much for going out of your way (Matt who disappeared at 5.30 to pick up the new coil and Alex for staying 3 and a half hours after you were supposed to finish for the day) and fixing my bike so I could get back to Leicester this evening.

For anyone interested, their number is 0208 947 7555 and they're located in Weir Road Industrial Estate in SW19.

Can't recommend them highly enough.

Thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you etc. :mand: