PDA

View Full Version : Is there bug/hijack with UKMOC

STIVH
22-06-2006, 12:23 PM
Hi folks have been logging on today and only with UKMOC I get a window opening offering WIN ANTI VIRUS bumf it's a real pain and crashes my Explorer. I am at present running my McAfee Internet Suite to see if it's on my computer again as first sweep showed up as negative.

Has anyone else had this pop up with this site?

I appreciate that I can close Popups with my tab list however this also stops me opening a lot of threads on this site which is a real pain.

many thanks.

paul620sie
22-06-2006, 12:36 PM
Everything is working OK for me?

Shandy
22-06-2006, 12:38 PM
Mines ok too, you might want to do a clean up, clear all your cokkies and all that and then do a virus scan just to be on the safe side, sound like you've got a liitle furry bug in there somewhere.

Cheers,

Shandy

STIVH
22-06-2006, 12:50 PM
Yeh I think so I am also using the new explorer version 7 which has got a load of new wizz bang ..flop and crap running with it so it may be hidden in there.

It's just that UKMOC seems to bring the little blighter to life and it a REAL FRIGGING pain!

Tigerlily
22-06-2006, 12:54 PM
I've not had any problems either and I have pop up enabled on here.

I use "Spyware blaster" and "Spybot" which seem to do a good job of keeping things at bay. Both free to download of t'internet too. Might be worth giving them a try too?

STIVH
22-06-2006, 01:03 PM
Spyware blaster installed uptodate and run - nothing found.......but pop up still dropped into the screen..doh.....mind you it seems to have gone away now 5 mins on and no problems, fingers crossed McAfee still chugging and looking/fixing.

Stafford
22-06-2006, 01:14 PM
Still using Explorer :eek:
Get Mozilla Firefox :mand:
Cheers
Q

Pugi
22-06-2006, 02:43 PM
Yeh I think so I am also using the new explorer version 7 which has got a load of new wizz bang ..flop and crap running with it so it may be hidden in there.

It's just that UKMOC seems to bring the little blighter to life and it a REAL FRIGGING pain!

Get Firefox, install and run AVG Antivirus, install and run Ad-Aware, remove all cookies.

Shandy
22-06-2006, 02:51 PM
Still using Explorer :eek:
Get Mozilla Firefox :mand:
Cheers
Q

Please escuse the dumb question but whats this Firefox is it another internet explorer type program :scratch:

Cheers,

Shandy

Zimbo
22-06-2006, 03:28 PM
It's an internet browser program, free to download, it's similar to explorer in the way it works but it seems more stable, more secure and faster, never heard a bad review of it yet!

http://www.mozilla.com/firefox/

Rogerg
22-06-2006, 03:43 PM
or you could just get a Mac

Roberto
22-06-2006, 04:02 PM
no issues here either, surfed allot of pron l8tly? :cens: :chuckle:

try ooot some free spyware software, like adware or somit might sort you out.

http://www.lavasoft.de/software/adaware/