PDA

View Full Version : New Job !!!!

two dukes
21-06-2006, 09:55 PM
Well I have been waiting for the DOC Forum to be up and running to pop in this announcement, being on the CoM it had to go there first but......

From Monday 3rd July I will be working at Ducati Manchester as the new General Manager. I know how some people feel, I am also a customer, all I will say is that was then !!!

I would be interested to listen/read peoples experiences, PM me or call my mobile 07977 939136. The many that do know me know my passion for Ducati, I work in aftersales as I have done for about 14 years, I expect nothing less than excellent customer service and a good experience. I know when I am there we will not get right every time but by god we will try !!!! You WILL be recognised as a customer when you come in and WILL be offered a drink. Please call down and see us, even if it is not your choice of dealer, I do not expect people that now have good relationships with any other dealer to break loyalty to them. Call in for a drink anyway.

I own 2 Ducati's at present so know the highs and lows.

I look forward to seeing you, I will also register on the Forums as Martyn Ducati Manchester with that head on and Martyn748/two dukes with my club head on.

See you soon,

Martyn

CK & AK
22-06-2006, 07:12 AM
Good luck Martyn:)

you will be making an uphill struggle, from what I have read on the forums - but here's hoping you can do that:)

C:)

sadbiker
22-06-2006, 07:30 AM
Wish you good luck. Good customer service is the backbone of any good company. I hope you are looking long term, as you are aware it takes a long time to gain trust but minutes to loose it.

Thats why I give a lot of respect to Kawasaki UK, I may have had a few mechanical problems with Kwakers but my local dealers and Kawasaki Uk have always looked after me, and luckily for me one of those dealers still helps to look after my Monster.

Mr C
22-06-2006, 08:49 AM
Welldone, Anychance of butty van there at the weekends?

dazzi-b
22-06-2006, 09:08 AM
I have only had one dealing with Ducati Manchester and that was the ordering of some bits for my bike and a C spanner that Tigerlily wanted. This was over 3 months ago and we still haven't recieved a call to say they have turned up even though we chased the parts up by phone and a visit to the dealership. I ended up going elsewhere and getting the parts straight away (TL is still waiting even though I told her to do the same) The after sales and customer service side is very poor indeed, I bet if I went in to buy a bike they wouldn't be able to do enough for me.

I used to work for Fords in their parts department and customers were always informed and kept up to date with anything that was coming direct from the factory and if there was a problem or delay.

I can't wait to get my call from Ducati Manchester to say the parts have arrived and they're eager for me to part with my cash (fat chance) I just hope TL tells them to stick her order or if not they offer her some discount for the poor service.

Tigerlily
22-06-2006, 09:50 AM
Many congratulations and good luck with the job!!!

From my experience (and I've only had 1 dealing with Ducati Manchester) the customer needs to be told if something is on back order and not simply told to "give us a ring next week to see if it's in".....like dazzi said, that was about 3 months ago...after several phone calls then paying them a visit, I got the promise of a phone call when my parts arrived, I've still not heard anything. I've pretty much given up now.
A phone call or an email every couple of weeks just to say "We've not forgotten about you and we're still waiting for your order" would be good :) Customers need to be kept informed.

I'm sure things will improve though with you in the driving/riding seat! I might even call in so I can put a face to your name! :mand:

Well done again Martyn, I wish you every success! :mand:

NattyBoy
22-06-2006, 10:55 AM
good luck mate...

two dukes
22-06-2006, 11:30 AM
These remarks I have not heard before !!! I am/was a customer also, I will check into TL parts my FIRST day and let you know..........

Butty van Dam yes, I will arrange a monthly week end rideout and also some sort of bike night on a weekday once a month, not to co-incide/compete with a club do.

I look forward to seeing you, I do not expect everybody who knows me to suddenly swap dealers, thatis unfair on the good ones thhat have done a good job.

There are though lots and lots of performance parts in stock, wrong orders, (people gone somewhere else due to time !!!) etc etc. These will be sold off cheap. Monster painted LE tanks, I saw about 4 of them gathering dust !!!

Tigerlily
22-06-2006, 11:46 AM
Thanks Martyn, much appreciated :mand: .....I'm happier already!

I don't have a regular weekly/monthly meet in the area so none of you're plans will clash with mine! If there's anything I can help with just let me know :mand:

Mr C
22-06-2006, 12:10 PM
And can i book a test ride on a Desmosedici RR

dlloyduk
22-06-2006, 12:40 PM
And can i book a test ride on a Desmosedici RR

Can I have the second test drive?

Good luck in the new Job.

Do you think my Ducati Shirts that I ordered in January 2005 will be delivered for at least one of my Birthdays?

Pugi
22-06-2006, 02:37 PM
If only all managers had this approach. Hope you're there for a long time.
Haven't had a bad Ducati dealer experience yet, but I do listen to other peoples stories before going anywhere. Been given the described poor service in other places though, and it's just appaling.
Good luck with the new job!

two dukes
22-06-2006, 04:53 PM
I will be on this forum a lot, being a Monster owner, I will also check into the shirts, I will let you have my e-mail address when I know it, if anyone has an outstanding issue I will sort it out. No probs, the shirt story sounds awful !!!!

CLUB HEAD !!!!
I also run DOC Manchester branch, as I have said before the more Ducati owners together the better, the Manchester meet is at the Red Lion, four lane ends Westhoughton last Wednesday of the month. It sounds daunting being a meeting, it is just friends in a pub, in the winter I take my laptop and look at pictures/videos from the year. If it is bad weather come in the car, no probs. No pressure JUST BE THERE !!!!

Starter Sprag
22-06-2006, 07:31 PM
Best of luck mate, hope it goes well for you.

Have in the past dealt with DM a couple of times, and got good service,

You an please............................................ ......

two dukes
22-06-2006, 08:49 PM
I am so glad to hear some positive feedback also, may not be such an uphill battle after all.

dazzi-b
22-06-2006, 09:13 PM
I don't think it will be such an uphill battle with the right outlook and attitude.
Start as you mean to go on and you wont go wrong. GOOD LUCK.

I hope to see you on Wednesday night, I'll try pay you a visit from this side of the country :spin:

Chappers
23-06-2006, 04:15 PM
Good luck and well done :bunny:

If I do end up moving to Manchester I'll be sure to pop in :mand:

thick-leyther
23-06-2006, 04:37 PM
Hi Martyn, if I don't see you at the next DOC meeting I will bob over, say hello and sample some coffee.

Congrats and good luck,
See you soon.
Steve.

Bodybag
23-06-2006, 06:05 PM
...I would pop in and see your new gaff but as I live in Leicester its a bit of a trek!! Anyway, enjoy the role and all the fun that'll go with it.

Phil

two dukes
23-06-2006, 06:29 PM
Well if you are ever near, no probs.

Interesting little pictue Chappers, what are you doing exactly :thumbsup:

Lowsider
23-06-2006, 09:01 PM
Congrats mate and good luck....

Will bob in for that drink if i'm passing as my father is just down the road.

Black Ferret
24-06-2006, 12:09 AM
I think DM needed a bit of a kick up the backside. Here's hoping you can do that.

I don't think it will be such an uphill battle with the right outlook and attitude. Start as you mean to go on and you wont go wrong. :spin:

I totally agree. All the best.

I will call in sat 8th.

Did someone say free coffee?

Chappers
27-06-2006, 10:44 AM
Well if you are ever near, no probs.

Interesting little pictue Chappers, what are you doing exactly :thumbsup:

Swimming under water in a tropical storm in Jamaica...topless of course but you can't really see the naughty bits :yoparty:

two dukes
27-06-2006, 11:17 AM
Can't really reply to that can I, well not without being in trouble with someone.:twak:

CK & AK
06-07-2006, 06:50 PM
err, Mr Martyn two dukes, you might want to take a look here:

http://www.ducati-upnorth.com/forum/showthread.php?p=23114#post23114

two dukes
06-07-2006, 08:23 PM
I have, Julie Tiger Lilly has her bits, now about them shirts, let me know or ring me and i will sort them out.

Black Ferret
08-07-2006, 12:36 AM
Matyn, I've read the thread on DucatiUpNorth last night and tonight. I must admit yesterday I was rolling my eyes and tutting, thinking "same ****". But glad to see you're determind to sort things out.

I want nothing more than a good dealer, who I can entrust my pride and (expensive) joy to for servicing and stuff. Ducati servicing etc. ain't cheap. If we pay premium prices we should get premium service.

Steve999 (ducatiupnorth) is right about car dealers. My local VW dealer washes and vacumns my car when I take it in what ever work's being carried out on it (not just part of a vehicle service). You could argue that it's easy to hose down a car and run over it with a shammy and I'd agree. But you get the picture. For a little extra effort what do you think they get?

Steve999 was talking with your representitive when your representitve cut him short and answered the phone. There is being cut short and then there are manners. I'm sure Steve would not have minded if your representative had courtiously interupted their conversation answered the phone, taken the callers number with an explanation that he was in the middle of dealing with a customer and would call back (and actually calling back in a timely manner) and then continued to deal with Steve999's request.

My expirences with DM and, their sister branch - when it existed, Fylde Super Bikes were mixed. Some staff were really good, helpful and when faced with problems seemed concerned (frustrated at times) that they couldn't help as they would have liked. Genuine people, that I applaud. On the other hand I have come across dismisive and seemingly apathetic staff. The latter being very, very off putting.

Just re-read DUN thread about four people behind counter. What were the other three doing? Discussing what a twit Ronaldo is? What ever it was it was obviously more important that you "answer the phone" directive.

Sorry if this seems like the ramblings of a drunken idiot. That's because it is the ramblings of a drunken idiot. But there again I want my bike sorting out by people who I think are gonna do what they say, not mess me about and fob me off.

You seem like a bloke on a mission. I sincerly hope you sort this. It can only benefit us all.

Tigerlily
08-07-2006, 11:31 PM
I have, Julie Tiger Lilly has her bits,

Much happier now! Thanks Martyn :D

(I even managed to get back in time to pick my daughter up from school! lol... mustn't spend so long drooling over that 695 next time :D )

two dukes
10-07-2006, 07:55 PM
I have a new parts chap starting tomorrow, another person to answer the phone, and deal with all the parts telephone calls, there are also quite a few back orders, if you have ordered something and not got it, PM me, no problem, tea ready not Byeeeeee

scrumpster
11-07-2006, 11:52 AM
I have a new parts chap starting tomorrow, another person to answer the phone, and deal with all the parts telephone calls, there are also quite a few back orders, if you have ordered something and not got it, PM me, no problem, tea ready not Byeeeeee

Good luck to you, after reading that in my lunch hour, you certainly seem to have thrown yourself in at the deepend!!!

nambduke
12-08-2006, 11:26 PM
Fellow UKMOCers,

I'd like to openly thank "two dukes" for personally sorting out an order for me which was dragging on for a while. I doubt whether it would have been resolved without his patience and desire to make a difference in his new job.

I tend to take a judgement on my own experience and for that reason, sorting this out for me has been recognised and I sincerely hope you make a real impact in your new job at Ducati Manchester.

Best regards,
nambduke
Mark

Pugi
13-08-2006, 03:24 PM
Well done Mark.
We are sometimes quick with naming and shaming, often rightfully. But it is even more important to name and credit for good service and encourage people like two dukes who try to set things right. :thumbsup:

two dukes
13-08-2006, 07:31 PM
Thank you, Thank you. I am sure all dealers try to help but sometimes it goes wrong. I think to work in a there you have to care a bit, being mainly a leisure industry we have to make you feel good about parting with your hard earned cash.
On carbon, Corse bits, titanium and unobtanium :woot: :woot: :woot: