PDA

View Full Version : Fast idle lever..NOT!

benson
21-06-2006, 08:49 PM
OK- here I go with my latest little problem...Bike running nicely - but the fast idel lever seems to have stopped working! I usually start the bike with it open, hit start, engine catches first time and warms up slowly...turn lever to "off"....

Now it has no effect! Has something dropped off??? Come loose??? Is this a problem if I use the throttle instead until the bike is warm? SHould I haul my sorry arse to Rosso Corse and let them have a look or am I missing a tick - bear in mind if I am it will need to be a VERY SIMPLE trick....

Any ideas???:eek:

Albie
21-06-2006, 09:39 PM
To be honest in this waether should rarely need to use it but only suggestion I can give is does it feel looser than normal.Mine usuall feels under strain/pressure. Never traced where it goes but worth looking.

Hope it helps and good luck.Must be something simple.:mand: :mand:

benson
21-06-2006, 09:55 PM
I like that Albie - yes it MUST be something simple! I will look where the little wiry things go to - but then again it's all greek to me!!!:cry: I REALLY must but a book or something about my total lack of skill in this area - any suggestions - sensible mind...

Sparky
21-06-2006, 10:29 PM
On me M1000 the fast idle lever simply operates a cam down near the throttle bodies that opens the throttle slightly. I guess your M900 is the same so can't be much wrong. I imaging the cables come undone or slipped.

benson
22-06-2006, 06:59 AM
Thanks for that I will look - I mean even I know what cables look like...(Yeah right) and I once had a mate called Cam!!!:eek:

Paranoid Dave
22-06-2006, 02:41 PM
Oi Frank

sort yerself out and start working again

Kylie

benson
24-06-2006, 03:00 PM
I sit on my bike this morning, my friendly neighbour at my side - I ask him - listen - is the bike running any faster now? As I carefully pull on the fast idle lever. Nope comes the reply. We swap places - he sits on my bike and I listen and look - nada - nothing...Right then - off to see Doctor Slob - get to slobs, slob gently fiddles with lever -

:look: :look: :look: :look:

bike revs increase....Right then....I give up......

Thank you DOctor slob - you are obviously the messiah of monsters - healed with a touch!!!!

Thanks for the tea too - and the chance to see the end of the BSB - hurrah!

Albie
25-06-2006, 08:32 AM
glad you got it sorted:mand: :mand: we need a doctor smilie :mand:

slob
25-06-2006, 08:44 AM
glad you got it sorted:mand: :mand: we need a doctor smilie :mand:
Ha, would you let this man fiddle with ya bits?
http://www.ukmonster.co.uk/monster/attachment.php?attachmentid=9838&d=1151225067

benson
25-06-2006, 01:17 PM
Absolutely!!!! Dottore slobborini!!!
What number Desmo Due will you be???

slob
26-06-2006, 06:31 AM
Absolutely!!!! Dottore slobborini!!!
What number Desmo Due will you be???
Do you think 666 would fit on the number boards?
Deffo not doing it in '07. Considering the year after though.

benson
26-06-2006, 06:55 AM
you simply HAVE to be 666!!!! And even I would go camping to cheer you on!!!