PDA

View Full Version : Side Stand Switch Relay

AdrianS
20-06-2006, 05:31 PM
Where abouts is the side stand switch relay located ?

Is it a Ducati part or is it a standard auto - electrics component?

Bike is Monster 600 2000 X reg.

Thanks for any help.

nik_the_brief
21-06-2006, 10:40 AM
Someone here must know the answer.

I've had a cursory look myself and traced the wiring up to somewhere under the tank but got no further.

I need to know the answer myself, looks like I'll have to resort to leafing through Haynes Book of Lies. If I find out I'll let ya know Adrian.

eonan
21-06-2006, 11:11 AM
Is there a seperate relay for the side stand switch? I didn't think there was :scratch:

Buzz
21-06-2006, 08:55 PM
There is on mine. Under the seat there is a group of three relays in a rubber mount. The big yellow one is the main relay, the side stand relay is one of the small black ones (the one with one grey & two (three?) red-black wires going into it). It's shown as rele sicurezze on the wiring diagram (for both 600 & 750s).

Had all sorts of problems with mine. Originally thought the side stand switch was faulty, fitted a new one, no good. Fitted a 'bypass' kit. Still no good. Googled the relay (forget the make/model now) and there's loads of stuff about them having 'intermittent faults'. So I just shorted the two red-black wires going into it with a scotch-lock, sorted:mand:

JamesM750
26-06-2006, 05:54 PM
As Buzz says, its the small balck one under the seat, and in the handbook its called rele sicurezze. Mine played up two weeks after I got the bike (X-reg M750).

If you are still not sure which one it is, take the seat off, put the ignition on, get someone to hold the bike while you operate the side stand. If its working you will hear it click as you operate the stand switch.

katana
26-07-2006, 09:22 AM
Would a 98 monster 6 have one?

JamesM750
26-07-2006, 09:39 AM
It should have one. Try starting it in gear with the stand down (dont forget clutch in), if it doesnt start then my guess is that its got one.

katana
26-07-2006, 06:25 PM
Well it does start so it's been removed.

JamesM750
28-07-2006, 12:47 PM
Thats weird. Does your kill switch work? The relay on mine (Y2K M750, carb) has two feeds, the stand switch and the kill switch, both of which have to be closed to fire her up.

Assuming you realy has been removed altogether, the wire from the kill switch must be connected straight into the fusebox (posn 2 I think).

Be careful.