PDA

View Full Version : Power Commander for Monster S4R

Harryskinters
19-06-2006, 07:58 AM
Selling a Power Commander III USB (710-411) taken from my Monster S4R before sale.

Offerred it to some who had expressed interest here, but no response, so its now up on ebay:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=8076804181&rd=1&sspagename=STRK%3AMESE%3AIT&rd=1

It is a no reserve auction and ends 8-40pm Sunday 25 June

McMONSTRO
19-06-2006, 10:00 AM
Must have missed that thread...*ugger!
So did fitting this make a big difference then? I've got Spark cans and a cat bypass fitted, but still have the stock airbox/filter, replacing this was on the "to do" list! But havn't seen one for sale yet!
Mine runs fine and pulls like a train above 3'500rpm, but can be a bit lumpy below, I know the simple answer if allways ride it above that but thats not allways practical! Cornerspeed had a look at the fueling when I had my 6k done and made a great improvement to it but Nelly reckons this lumpiness is caused as the injection switches from low to high mode, and happens a a lot of S4R's, so I'm wondering if a Power commander would fix this? Also backfires like hell on the overun when riding in traffic! Probably pulling some air in from the olive exhaust gasket between the cat bypass pipes and the headers!
Did you have yours set up on a rolling road?

Any other ideas or suggestions from any of you S4R owners?

Rogerg
19-06-2006, 10:05 AM
Sounds like exaclty the same thing I had with my S4 - the Power Commander PC III USB sorted it right out.

I've got high level Sils open airbox & K&Ns - haven't had it dyno'd but after 5 mins on google managed to find a downloadable map from chap in italy that has exactly the same setup as me.

its now far smoother throughout the entire rev range. doesn't backfire anymore and I'm sure there's a few more horses being produced now.

Bodybag
19-06-2006, 11:09 AM
...I just ****ed up a little bit I think?! Will this PC fit any Monster or is it specific to the S4R? I didn't really think about it before I bid and then read the thread and description afterwards! I'm assuming that it can be remapped with a downloadable map to suit my S4? :banghead:

McMONSTRO
19-06-2006, 11:26 AM
Oi Bodybag!
I could be mean and tell you it wont fit yours....because I might want it!....and I asked first! but it will, same part no for all S4 and S4r's, could always blackmail you and put some "ducati corse brown leather racing brogues" up on e-bay for sale WITH pics:chuckle :

McMonstro

Bodybag
19-06-2006, 11:45 AM
Hadn't realised you wanted it. After you old bean, I insist. :)
Those racing brogues aren't cheap you know!!

xjrjohn
19-06-2006, 07:32 PM
I ll join the queue too...must admit i didnt see the original thread either
John

small boy
20-06-2006, 06:50 AM
Hi there.have you got abuy it now price ?
Cheers
Small Boy

Harryskinters
20-06-2006, 08:00 AM
Ok, you're all making me feel really guilty now:worried: so here's the background:

The Power Commander was listed on my 'S4R for sale' thread, following which I sent a PM to someone who was interested in buying the PC seperately. I didn't get a reply to that, nor to another PM I sent in response to a similar request.:confused: So,I thought the old 'Fleabay' would be the best bet.

There's a few interested now, so I'd best leave it as stands and let the auction run through, rather than agree any 'buy it now price'. Note, there is no reserve on the auction and it ends Sunday night.

I may be selling the other bits that didn't go with the bike soon (Chappers has already bagged the cored silencers), if I don't get another air cooled Monster. These are:

gold clutch pressure plate
stainless springs and red spring caps
Single side swing arm paddock stand

I promise they'll go up on here first :mand:

small boy
20-06-2006, 10:10 AM
Nice one,bring on sunday,let the battle begin !!

Harryskinters
21-06-2006, 07:01 PM
Sorry, I forgot to point out that the Power Commander fits the S4 as well as the S4R

xjrjohn
22-06-2006, 07:27 PM
Selling a Power Commander III USB (710-411) taken from my Monster S4R before sale.

Offerred it to some who had expressed interest here, but no response, so its now up on ebay:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=8076804181&rd=1&sspagename=STRK%3AMESE%3AIT&rd=1

It is a no reserve auction and ends 8-40pm Sunday 25 June
Hi
I notice in the ebay description you put the model number as 710-410 yet on here you say its a 710-411....which is it please?
Ta
John

Harryskinters
23-06-2006, 06:23 PM
Hi John,

Yes you're right, sorry. It actually has both numbers printed on it. When I read it again to put up this thread, I must have read off the different number. I think both numbers refer to the same model, but it's probably supposed to be 710-411. Too late for me to correct the ebay listing though.

Phil

Harryskinters
23-06-2006, 06:42 PM
Ok, I've figured it out now - the printed sticker on the side of the controller says 710-410 for 710-411. The first number is the black box controller number and the second is the reference number for the whole PC kit including leads etc..

Hope that clears it up.

xjrjohn
23-06-2006, 08:48 PM
Ok, I've figured it out now - the printed sticker on the side of the controller says 710-410 for 710-411. The first number is the black box controller number and the second is the reference number for the whole PC kit including leads etc..

Hope that clears it up.
Hi
Thanks for that. Are they easy to fit?
Ta
John

Harryskinters
23-06-2006, 10:05 PM
Dead easy. Mount PC box under seat using velro onto rear mudguard and attach earth cable, feed cables through under tank rear mount, lift off filter cover and filter, twist off intake stacks, lift of intake box by unscrewing 2 rear screw bars and front bolt ( helps to slacken radiator mounts to give better access to front bolt), unplug and re-plug 3 connector sets as per instructions, then put air filter box etc back. Takes max 1 hour.

Instructions say you can actually fit without removing air box, but I found it easier to do so as otherwise, it's difficult to get your fingers to the connector spring clips.

Then flash her up and feel the difference :shocked: :shocked: :shocked: