PDA

View Full Version : Reflector

sadbiker
14-06-2006, 10:34 PM
Has any one got a original rear reflector and mount as fitted to the rear mudgard of a 620 surplus to retirements.

its for Cors 620 sie.

Shandy
15-06-2006, 08:08 AM
If its the same for the 620 as it is for the 600 i've got a spare one you can have. Its the rectangular type with a couple of studs sticking out the back.

If you want it drop us a PM with an address to post it to.

Cheers,

Shandy

sadbiker
15-06-2006, 08:31 AM
Shandy... Have PMed you.

Basically it should be about 1inch by about 4 inches with a metal plate which mounts onto the number plate holder. For some reason Cors 620 never had one when she bought it 4 years ago.

Shandy
15-06-2006, 08:48 AM
Looks like you might be out of luck, the one i've got doesn't have a metal bracket with it. It must be the difference between the older M600 and newer M620ie, this one used to just be bolted to the plastic bit that hung out the bottom of the number plate so it sounds like it wouldn't fit yours :banghead:

Hopefully someone else might be able to help,

Cheers,

Shandy

sadbiker
15-06-2006, 09:00 AM
Shandy have PMed you, but you are quite correct we need the bracket as well otherwise we will have to bolt on to the number plate.

Any of you other nice people out there able to help ?

I have added a very poor quality phone picture but hopefully it gives the general idea.

jill
15-06-2006, 10:53 AM
That IS interesting. My bike nearly failed it's first MOT on this point - ie, it had no rear reflector. So my clever mechanic stuck one on to the bottom of the licence plate. He said I could remove it if I liked, but I would have to stick one on for every MOT!

I thought it was odd that it didn't have it as it's fully standard. Mine is also a 620, 2003.

Weird. Did they forget to add it?

McMONSTRO
15-06-2006, 11:20 AM
Yes, the guys who did my MOT on the S4 stuck one on my No plate for me when mine went in, I think most MOT places must keep them in stock as most bikes I see seem to have them "removed" as mine has been on the S4R!

Apparentley these are required for MOT!

http://www.ukmot.com/bike/1-4.asp

McMonstro

sadbiker
15-06-2006, 11:20 AM
Yep same here for cors bike a 02 620...

A bet Ducati forget to put them on at the time.. The dealer has given us some sticky reflectors but it doesn't really look right. Cor would rather have the proper mount on.

jill
15-06-2006, 11:25 AM
No, you're right. The sticky one looks crap. The mechanic said it'd probably fall off with the vibration anyway!

paul620sie
15-06-2006, 11:37 AM
No, you're right. The sticky one looks crap. The mechanic said it'd probably fall off with the vibration anyway!

Tell me about vibrations and sticky stuff... I lost my stuck-on number plate, I'm pretty sure it was caused by the vibration generating from the motor on my monster 620.