PDA

View Full Version : new member has a rant

gobbins boy
13-06-2006, 07:43 PM
hello to all that are out there. judging by our humble region I suspect that not many are active in NI, anyhoo here I am. Hello to everyone else, the name is Ed and i ride a 600ss (basically a monster) I have been giving it a right bit of use lately and much to my dismay:Furious: the brute starts disintergrating at am alarming rate:shocked: the brake pads are on thier way, as I found them laying on a roundabout:eek: I will get this latest setback sorted. Ps the new 209's (f+r)are flippin brill have gave a lot of confidence.

Matt Black
13-06-2006, 10:16 PM
I think everyone should have at least one reply to a thread so here is one to be going on with.

Suggest nut and bolt check. You will need to ditch 600ss and obtain Monster to be truly sucked in to this madness....

singletrack
14-06-2006, 06:55 AM
Hi gobbins boy (what sort of a name is that?)

Welcome to :ukm:

It has been quiet there for a while but I think you will find things in NI start to hot up a bit when R icky ricky gets home from his trip to South Africa.

Matt Black is right - ditch the SS and get a Monster. It will probably still fall to bits, but will do so in style. ;)

MilesB
14-06-2006, 07:52 AM
Hello to everyone else, the name is Ed and i ride a 600ss (basically a monster) I have been giving it a right bit of use lately and much to my dismay:Furious: the brute starts disintergrating at am alarming rate:shocked: the brake pads are on thier way, as I found them laying on a roundabout:eek: I will get this latest setback sorted. Ps the new 209's (f+r)are flippin brill have gave a lot of confidence.
I must admit that I didn't even know that Ducati had done a 600SS... Thought it was just 750 and 900:confused: I always loved the thought of having the 620Sport, which I presume is the update of the 600SS - a Sports bike where I could actually use all of the performance on offer - without killing myself :mand:
Welcome to the madhouse by the way :thumbsup:

gobbins boy
14-06-2006, 05:05 PM
Thanx for the replies fellas, I am a bit unorigional when it comes to names so I chose the area where I live, watch out for the six fingered banjo players:eyepopping:. I think the 620sport is an updated version, but I reckon mine is basically a monster with a fairing:yoparty: Its fast enough to scare the bejesus out of me:on: Am considering a monster as the fella the introduced me to this has a beaut of a st4, custom paint and carbon do-das everywhere:fiery:

tamtbam@hotmail
14-06-2006, 05:42 PM
Thanx for the replies fellas, I am a bit unorigional when it comes to names so I chose the area where I live, watch out for the six fingered banjo players:eyepopping:. I think the 620sport is an updated version, but I reckon mine is basically a monster with a fairing:yoparty: Its fast enough to scare the bejesus out of me:on: Am considering a monster as the fella the introduced me to this has a beaut of a st4, custom paint and carbon do-das everywhere:fiery:

nice to have someone else from the emerald isle on the site.
Hope you made it to the northwest 2000.
Just a little prompter the ST4 is a sports tourer what your on about is an S4 which has got the 916 engine in it and flees at a rate of knots.
Yours is a nice bike mate and there's not that many of them about these days so treat her nice and she won't fall apart on u.
The nice thing about monsters is the amount of time you spend fiddlin with it and doin it up so i'll leave it up to you but i'd still keep the 600ss.
Tam.

ricky
18-06-2006, 08:37 PM
Hi gobbins boy (what sort of a name is that?)

Welcome to :ukm:

It has been quiet there for a while but I think you will find things in NI start to hot up a bit when R icky ricky gets home from his trip to South Africa.

Matt Black is right - ditch the SS and get a Monster. It will probably still fall to bits, but will do so in style. ;)
Hey mate!! Well IM BACK!! firstly welcome to the club were ive personally made it my mission to keep the n,ireland lot a force to be reckoned with!! We're highly out numbered by the english heathens but dont panic as there's a few decent ones around!! :mand: I try and organise wee meets and stuff but its hard as everyones pretty busy, had a 'mini meet' at the NW which was fun and will be good to get us duke lot all together for a wee drinkies sometime!! :booze: :booze: Ricky

Lady-Bob
18-06-2006, 09:22 PM
dont panic as there's a few decent ones around!! :mand:

That'd be me you're talking about would it not? :look:

Instill upon Gobbins the wonder that is the weekender next year, then all heathens can meet him :woot:

McMONSTRO
18-06-2006, 11:49 PM
So your'e back then eh Ricky, had a good time? Shame about the 999 hire!

McMonstro

TLzebub
01-07-2006, 06:38 PM
gobbins boy
still thinking about that monster :scratch:thinking of selling mine ! 2004 m800sie 3300miles just had full 2 year service £420 (new belts)new rear tyre £3500-3800 with the goodies no offers. Pm me if your interested.can send pic to your email address if interested
TLzebub