PDA

View Full Version : S4R Tyres

small boy
12-06-2006, 08:31 PM
Hi,i need to change my tyres,is there a better type of tyre or profile more suited to my bike than the mich's fitted as standerd?

fatbloke
12-06-2006, 08:33 PM
I dont know which michelin's are fitted to your's but i love the pilot powers,
they are the nuts.

I am waiting to be bombarded by Pirelli fans

Gilps
12-06-2006, 08:36 PM
Fatbloke is wrong.:mand: Get Pirelli Diablos.

marchesini
12-06-2006, 08:48 PM

Normally I would agree with you as I am a big Pirelli fan but the new Michellin Dual Compound tyres (CT?) are great. Not necessarily better but at least as good as the Diablos and the edges warm up much quicker - not a problem in this weather but useful in the cooler months.

I compared the retained heat in the Michelins to Natty's tyre warmed Diablo's at a snowy Silverstone earlier in the year and the edges were much hotter on the Michelins. One thing to bear in mind though is that they are quite a bit more expensive than the Diablos if I remember correctly.

I would be happy with either but definitely not the S4 standard issue Michelins - nasty, nasty bits of rubber. Not sure what they are but got rid of them as soon as I could.

simon

logyk
12-06-2006, 08:55 PM
The Pilot Powers are a huge improvement over the earlier Pilots IMHO.

And as Simon says the CTs will up the ante again.

I used to be a Diablo fan but am now converted to Pilot Powers.

fatbloke
12-06-2006, 08:59 PM
I've done 4 trackdays and 3000 miles on the same set they stick like
sh*t to a blanket and there good in the wet. And they still are far from worn out.
I've been riding for 31 years and have never had a better tyre.
A year ago i wouldn't have touched Michelins with a sh!ty stick but with
these pilot powers I'm a total convert.

marchesini
12-06-2006, 09:13 PM
I've done 4 trackdays and 3000 miles on the same set

For comparision, I put some Diablos (maybe the Corsas) on my 748 track bike and they are buggered after two (yes, two) trackdays. I am trying the Michelins now to see if they last longer along with tyre warmers (to lessen the heat cycles and because I am a tart).

Wierd though as my previous Diablos on the 996 lasted two years and 4 trackdays??

simon

Boon
12-06-2006, 09:27 PM
BT014's mind you all the top of the range of any make are good !

Pedro
12-06-2006, 10:36 PM
Just fitted Corsas after a year on stock Diablos and the Corsas are even better than I expected, heeuuge grip and nothing unpredictable so far