PDA

View Full Version : Free First Service

farl
12-06-2006, 10:21 AM
Anyone get a free first service?? I thought they used to be normal. I got one on my 620 but that was in 2003.. What's peoples' experience?

sadbiker
12-06-2006, 10:53 AM
Italians don't give anything for free, neither do the Japs... It seems more on what deal you got out of the dealer at time of buying the bike.

As for the japs a few dealers are now starting to charge as well. It seems there was no thing as a free service but it was classed as the first discounted service...

andros
12-06-2006, 11:00 AM
I too got a free first service on my 620 in 2003, but Ive not seen any mention of free services since then, except I think on some 999 or 749 deal I saw a while ago.

Chappers
12-06-2006, 11:06 AM
When I was hunting around for my new bike most of the Ducati Dealers told me that there's no such thing as a free service but they all offered discount.

Fortunately, my dealer messed up my order slightly so I ended up with 2 completely free services :mand:

Ducati Wolverhampton were the only ones to offer me a free service when purchasing any bike, On Yer Bike Aylesbury offered nothing - not even a deal on the price of the bike.

MrsJel
12-06-2006, 11:15 AM
Had 2 yamahas new, didn't have to pay for labour just the oil & filter. Came as shock to have to pay with my first ducati. Have got first service free on this one though (cheers Hayley) but think its normal for italians to charge - just be thankful its not aprilia, they're even more expensive so I'm told.

Carole

Gilps
12-06-2006, 12:11 PM
Honda still give free first service, well labour anyway. You just pay for consumables. However, Ducati do not give it for free. Your best bet is trying to negotiate something when you buy the bike.

sidrat
12-06-2006, 06:53 PM
i got a free first service for both new ducati's this year, just paid for consumables, about £50

logyk
12-06-2006, 07:35 PM
Mine was completely free....part of the deal negotiated.

Roberto
13-06-2006, 04:35 PM
bugger, took it for a given, parts only no labour charge, always been like that for me.

will pick that up tomorrow but guess my bargaining leverage is not so hot now.

Paivi
13-06-2006, 05:55 PM
More than a bit annoyed for getting nothing free from Daytona after they (a) lost my code card, (b) took four weeks before they got round to sending me my tax disc and (c) took seven weeks to get the fly screen they were supposed to order when I bought the bike. They very rarely called me back on anything, so I ended up having to chase them.

Then they have the nerve to send me a customer service questionnaire. No prices for guessing what I'll say... :fiery: I don't think they care that they've lost my custom; plenty of more suckers in the world...

adstone
18-06-2006, 10:39 AM
Must admit I got my first service free (600 miles) as part of the deal. :p
Thanks to Mark and all at JHP! :thumbsup:

Regards
Andy