PDA

View Full Version : I don't think I've said Hi yet

snick
11-06-2006, 10:28 PM
Evening all!

I subbed a couple of weeks ago but have been in stealth mode & for the life of me can't actually remember if I popped my head up & said hello already or not. Duh!

Anyway currently I have a Diversion & I'm saving up to get a 695 next year. Doing quite well with the funds until I had to bail my Mum out from a large tax bill :mad: sodding Inland Revenue, so the plans have been pushed back a bit. I went to Aylesbury Duc recently and sat on various difft bikes but the Monster really suckered me - up till that point my decision had been based on just seeing pics and reviews :) I was torn between this, the Bandit & the Speed Triple but the latter two are a) just a fraction too tall for me to feel happy & b) just - just not the same! I sit on the Monster & I just don't want to get off. Anyway, enough perving.

I've been enjoying all the pix & mods & stuff. Dunno how much I can contribute till I have a Monster of my own but I'm hoovering up the info like a maniac atm so expect some numpty questions soon! Nice 'meeting' you all!

Tigerlily
11-06-2006, 11:57 PM
Hi Snick and welcome to the club! It sounds like you've been bitten by the Monster bug :mand:

It'll be worth waiting until next year for your bike, I'm sure you won't be disappointed with it.

Ask as many questions as you like - that's what the club's here for :mand:

:tiger:

bobob
12-06-2006, 12:25 AM
Hi Snick, I've had bundles of bikes over the years of which most have been fun but... and thats a big BUT..... the monster is a complete hooligan and I scream like a kid everytime I take it out.... go get that bike snick... you won't regret it, not one bit :)

oh welcome along btw... where 'ave my manners gone... :mand:

Chappers
12-06-2006, 10:23 AM
Welcome and hope to see you at some UKMOC events :mand:

gary tompkins
12-06-2006, 10:31 AM
Welcome to the club Snick & hope you are monstered up ASAP

dazzi-b
12-06-2006, 11:39 AM
Hiya from sunny Yorkshire (can't say that too often)

Having riden various bikes myself over the years I can honestly say I've never enjoyed a bike as much as I do my monster.

It's fun, it's a head turner, it sounds gorgeous, it's different from the masses of plastic things I see around where I live but......most of all IT'S MINE :biggrin: :biggrin:

The thing with the monster is it just begs to stand out from the crowd and it's up to you to do with it as you please. Go to any MOC meet and you'll be pushed to find two the same. Check out Garys mechanical marvel or the work of art JMo has created and you'll know why I love being a part of this club.

Hope to see you around...........by the way you don't have to wait before you get a monster to attend any of the meets, you'll still be made welcome.
If your at a loose end this weekend check out the MAD thread and come along :thumbsup:

snick
13-06-2006, 08:05 PM
Coo, thank you folks, I'm looking forward to getting out & about to some different events (if the weather holds, LOL) - prolly a little too far for me to get to Yorkshire this weekend, dazzi, but mr snick's from Bratfoot so we're up there quite often :-)

Whereabouts in Bucks are you, Chappers? Oh, MK I see - I'm originally from South Bucks m'self. Putting the Bucks back into buxom, lol :mand:

adstone
18-06-2006, 12:09 PM
hello & welcome to UKMOC :thumbsup:

The most helpful Monster forum on the web :flag:

I've only had my Monster for a couple of months, but it's worth the wait! :cool:

snick
19-06-2006, 09:50 PM
*gasp* you have an S4R, I'm not speaking to you :chuckle:

(I have one on my desktop right now)