PDA

View Full Version : Track Fantastic!!

Bodybag
08-06-2006, 05:35 PM
First off I'd like to say a HUGE thankyou to Terry for organising the track day today. My first and what a day. Trashed my new tires, moved from novice to intermediate and wore out my pedals and toes. Couldn't get my knee down though!!

Thoroughly enjoyed every minute of it apart from the impending sunstroke!!

Once again thank you Terry. :mand:

P.S. My new leathers are bleedin quick!!

benson
08-06-2006, 05:38 PM
Glad to know you had a gret day Phil - well done!!! Hope everyone had a fantastic time - I was thinking of you - I'll get home again one day!!!!
Hope everyone was safe!!!!!!!

Chris
08-06-2006, 05:50 PM
I'll second that, home safe and sound, big thanks to Terry for organising yet another fantastic UKMOC event, and getting the backing from Ducati UK. THanks to Ducati UK too for letting us play on their bikes, and nobody crashed one!

A few more thanks, Julie and Ruth for providing gallons of water and a picnic site, Logyk for petrol when I ran out 200yards from the circuit! and everyone in the Red group for providing very entertaining and accident free riding partners.

What a day!
Great!

McMONSTRO
08-06-2006, 06:00 PM
And I'll third it! A Great day! Thanks to all, and to J+R for the concrete picnic pitch!

As for the sunburn....the back of my legs now match my bike! If I'd had some masking tape I could have Corse legs!
Note to self...must apply sun cream before it starts to burn! Ill learn one day!

McMonstro

Bodybag
08-06-2006, 06:17 PM
Thanks, Julie and Ruth for providing gallons of water and a picnic site.
What a day!
Great!

Sorry, forgot to mention you guys. Thank you, and to Mand for the Perky Pigs?! :mand:

And to the suspension guy for being there and fiddling with Beelzebub to make him ride even better than he was yesterday.

Whens the next one?

CK & AK
08-06-2006, 06:42 PM
so who came off their S4?

edited to add: It was Clai:eek; hope all is ok?

glad to hear the day was safe & accident free otherwise:)

SazzaG
08-06-2006, 07:32 PM
Fab day! Home safe - only 3.5 hours. Phew!

Thank you to Jue and Ruth for their very comfy sofa, and endless refreshments.

Clai, hope you're not too sore now. Your rolling across the tarmac was quite spectacular - sorry I didn't get any pics! Seriously though, get well soon.

Here's to next year - I might even ride!

Saz (currently sitting in a vat of after-sun)

singletrack
08-06-2006, 07:39 PM
You were right. It was a fantastic day.
I had a great time but am now shattered.

Sazza - be thankful you didn't come with me. I must have been tired cos I got lost in Hinckley, and then ended up going on the M40 NORTH at Cherwell Valley! Taking me 30 miles out of my way :hissy:

I got home in just over 3 hours though, so not bad considering.

Thanks also to the Moto Rapido guys for taking my bag home for me - it saved me strappong it to the bike.

I am now going to bathe my red face in ice cubes, and have a glass of wine. :flamed:

Banshee
08-06-2006, 08:02 PM
Taps on the back all round to Terry.

Big thanks to Joo and Roo for letting Elmo and i gate crash their picnic.

Thanks to Elmo for looking after my bike.

And thanks to Mand.

I had to explain TWO things to my Mrs:
1. How a floorlayer gets such a tan working indoors.
2. What the flourecent green bracelet i forgot to take off was all about.:eek:

Brill day, hope Gog is ok (good job he is built to roll).

Mand
08-06-2006, 08:03 PM
What a totally ace day, I am soooooooooooooooooooooo tired now. Mind you, I had to drink some beer to refresh my raging thirst when I got in. :drunk:

Thank you to J&R for looking after me and attempting to keep me out of the sun - it didn't work - I now have freckles on my freckles.

Mand
08-06-2006, 08:10 PM
I had to explain TWO things to my Mrs:
1. How a floorlayer gets such a tan working indoors.
2. What the flourecent green bracelet i forgot to take off was all about.:eek:

Now that was really funny!

fatbloke
08-06-2006, 08:20 PM
Dont thank me thank yourselves I just collect the money
the members make the day

Thanks from me to all who attended it was a corker!!

slob
08-06-2006, 08:59 PM
Dont thank me thank yourselves I just collect the money
the members make the day

Thanks from me to all who attended it was a corker!!

No thank YOU! Terry, without you stumping up four grand and then praying enough people signed up, it wouldn't have happened at all. I for one would be happy to pay for next years this month and let the club keep the year's interest, if that's what it takes to make sure it happens again.

NattyBoy
08-06-2006, 09:03 PM
Yep..another GREAT day...!!

Bike broke down for one session (im getting good at breaking bikes eh !!?) but we were soon sorted with the help of dave woods and off again !

Cheers
Nat

Spike
08-06-2006, 09:14 PM
Yes thanks Terry brilliant day
Also thanks Chappers for getting me some new brake pads, note to self double check pads before going to track days

NattyBoy
08-06-2006, 09:15 PM
Oh..nearly forgot to mention - I got out in the session with Chris Walker on the Sport 1000 (apparently he wanted to try it as hes buying one !)- god that boys quick !

Nat

Pedro
08-06-2006, 10:05 PM
Well that was flipping ace!!! Big thanks Terry, without your commitment where would we be?

I now have a suitably knackered set of Diablos and a slighty sunburnt neck but it was worth every penny! Having not done a track day before, I now understand why everyone raves about them! Kipping in the van was uncomfortable but a big thanks to Nik and Em for the company and coffee making skills! Thanks guys, really appreciated.

So, where do I sign for next years?

Still grinning!
Ped

scrapps
08-06-2006, 10:51 PM
thanks to all had great, day trip back not so good. just got in 11.30:eek: as some spanish tw** in big artic reversed over the front of my car pushing us the trailer ect back 10/20 feet before he stoped.:cry: lucky no one hurt and could still drive car ... good job i had borrowed it as mine not got tow bar:mand:

Chris
08-06-2006, 11:08 PM
Oh..nearly forgot to mention - I got out in the session with Chris Walker on the Sport 1000 (apparently he wanted to try it as hes buying one !)- god that boys quick !

Nat

When I had a chat with him he mentioned he already has a Paul Smart. He certainly got the Spert 1000 flying round the track. Great testiment to the bike and rider how fast he creamed past us all!

Zimbo
09-06-2006, 04:32 AM
Thanks to Terry, yet another wonderful day!
The other thing that amazed me was Dave Woods on the Spareshack 583 monster (with fairing) flew past EVERYTHING inthe fast group despite having only 50 bhp and posted times of 1.02, just shows what can be done when you're gifted! I just about managed 1.06 trying hard and with nearly twice the horsepower . . .

sadbiker
09-06-2006, 06:08 AM
Like to say ta for a good day, thanks to steve Wright for sticking with me when I ended up with a flat rear tyre only 20 miles into my journey (even bigger thanks to my personal RAC guy who turned up and plugged it to get me going).

Ta to cor my missus for coming along and mopping my brow-- God it was hot yesterday. She was walking round taking photos, so hope to put some on forum and may even have some video footage.

Enjoyed my day, even through in the back of my mind was to avoid any further flying lessons this year. But I learnt a bit more about my bike in the steady (slow) manner I could muster going round the track.

It was good to see so many smiling faces specially after coming off the track after a session.

So a big thanks to Terry for sorting out the orginisational bits.. without it there wouldn't have been one..

Julie
09-06-2006, 06:41 AM
http://www.ukmonster.co.uk/monster/showthread.php?t=18203

I have posted a few photos

Gilps
09-06-2006, 08:08 AM
Firstly, big thanks again to Terry for organising and taking the financial risk. If you do decide to do another one you can have my fee up front right now.
Also thanks to all the great people from the club who I met. We have got to be the friendliest, most welcoming club going.
I can say without doubt that despite all my nerves and trepidation, this has got to have been the most memorable and fun day I have ever had on a bike. I'm still buzzing now just writing this. I want to go again. Now.
See you all next year hopefully. And if you are still undecided and think should I/should'nt I, all I can say is get out there and do it. It's safe and fun.

Rod
09-06-2006, 08:26 AM
My 1st ever track day and it was awesome! Thanks Terry for persuading me, and Crust for letting me share his van. And everybody else for being friendly and helpful. :mand:

Except Ade for keeping me up till 2am drinking Stella. :booze:

Still, as the hangover diminished the track times got quicker. :)

What the others said about paying up front for next year.

Chappers
09-06-2006, 08:34 AM
Also thanks Chappers for getting me some new brake pads, note to self double check pads before going to track days

You're welcome, it was just a phonecall - thanks to Gorgeous Mark (Parts Dept.) at Ducati Coventry who managed to supply the pads, thanks to Hunky Mark (Sales Manager) for the discount and thanks to Nigel Goodman (Area Rep - Ducati UK) for delivering them to the track - big up JHP Ducati Coventry :mand:

Chappers
09-06-2006, 08:41 AM
Although I was only spectating I thoroughly enjoyed myself even though my face is beetroot and really hurt when I put my helmet on this morning :cry:

It was nice to finally put faces to usernames and lovely to meet you all.

Thanks to StuartG, Madhatter, Ruffnex & PeteD for riding up with me from MK, it was great fun what with being pulled over by the police and being called a bunch of c***s :chuckle:

Thanks JMo for supplying me with a tail-chop kit, money in this mornings post :mand:

Thanks to StuartG again for riding back with me and feeding me :mand:

Sorry to Nattyboy who I cut in front of just as we left the track, all Stu's fault for going straight instead of left :wink:

Special big thanks to Fatbloke for organising such a brilliant day, you can stop nagging me now as I promise to take part in next years UKMOC track day...if there is defo another one happening.

Geoff Avern
09-06-2006, 09:54 AM
Tel, you're a star! Say yes to another next year and I'll put my cheque in the post now.

Great to see a lot of folk again and meet some new ones. Thanks Steve Wright for letting me have his spare bed.

Thanks Ducati - the S4RS was OSSome! (but my personal sponsor and controller of purse strings said "no":(

Most important thing was I rediscovered why I love my little Monster - it's rattly, gutless and only has one front disc - but it corners like stink and makes me feel :woot: :woot: :woot:

Thanks all for a great day (including Michael Fish for bringing us the sunshine),

Geoff

jill
09-06-2006, 10:47 AM
Hi All

I was there but didn't get to meet many of you as I seriously have to keep out of the sun otherwise I barf! Hello Phil, Rob, Steve and the Polish guy - I hope you got back to Scotland OK!

I had a great time - most of you in the novice group will recognise me because I WAS the rolling chicane! Thanks for none of you taking me out on the corners as you all blasted past. I really am at a loss to explain my extreme slowness, Andy was keeping up fine in the fast group, so it must have been me! I learnt A LOT and have a great new respect for my incredibly capable and easy to ride bike.

Bring on next year...

No Terry, thank YOU. Without you, no-one would have been able to get together. You're a star.

Jill

Chappers
09-06-2006, 10:54 AM
Here's the pic you nagged me to take as you pulled up next to me screaming like a little schoolboy about how great it was and you hoped you had got rid of the chicken strips on your 2wk old tyres :chuckle:

Bodybag
09-06-2006, 11:24 AM
Just need to find some of me on track now. :mand: Julie and Alex, are you doing discs of photos from the track day? If so let me know how much and I'll have some off you. There has to be at least one photo of me hooning!!

Spud
09-06-2006, 11:34 AM
No thank YOU! Terry, without you stumping up four grand and then praying enough people signed up, it wouldn't have happened at all. I for one would be happy to pay for next years this month and let the club keep the year's interest, if that's what it takes to make sure it happens again.

Absolutely, I'd post the cheque now! - what a corking day!

And I learned so much:

1. Put sunscreen on before it starts burning
2. If you kick your indicators as you get on the bike, they break
3. The first services on the A14 are closed for petrol
4. It takes Mrs Spud 2 hours to get to a Northamptonshire layby from a standing start with a can of unleaded!
5. 45 mins with my physio this morning has stopped me groaning every time I move!
6. S4R's power advantage can be eaten away just by switching off my brain

Trackdays rock

Tmaccabee
09-06-2006, 12:53 PM
Terry and all,

thanks very much for the invite for us to come along. Seeing as no-one binned any of our bikes, it was a pleasure to be there!

I hope you didn't mind us bringing Chris Walker along - he really enjoyed himself and mentioned how nice it was to come to that sort of relaxed event vs the somewhat more intense "official" appearances and WSB weekends. Anyway he's asked me to invite him again!

I was really impressed with how fast some people could make the smaller Monsters go and how careful and courteous people are on the UKMOC day (as ever).

Lastly a special thank you to Michael Winter for letting me out on his desmo-due bike - it was great fun... yes, I'm a little closer to summoning up the courage to make an outing in the Desmo-Due.

Tim Maccabee
(on behalf of everyone who attended from Ducati UK)

dlloyduk
09-06-2006, 02:06 PM
Cheers, Terry for organising the track day.I will be at the next one if it happens. Oh and thanks for grabbing Dave Woods to sort out my suspension-Loads better. Cheers Dave, sorry I never got the chance to thank you.:hail:

Didge
09-06-2006, 02:46 PM
I'm so glad it all went so well. Great weather, and a great time was had by all by the sound of it.
I would have loved to have come to watch, but circumstances do not allow at the moment.
What's this I hear of my sheep worrying Gog mate doing 'a Banshee' and denting the tarmac? Is he and the bike ok?

Scotty
09-06-2006, 03:01 PM
well from what i saw (ie very little) clai has a bit of a friction burn on the knee, but was wandering about picking up pieces and a trip to the med centre so nothing too serious i hope, get well soon

Didge
09-06-2006, 03:07 PM
well from what i saw (ie very little) clai has a bit of a friction burn on the knee, but was wandering about picking up pieces and a trip to the med centre so nothing too serious i hope, get well soon

Great! So he is 'walking wounded'. That's a relief.
Hope you recover soon Clai, as I'm getting withdrawral symptoms from being unable to take the p1ss out of you.;)

Scotty
09-06-2006, 03:29 PM
well as you can see much carefull planning went into it

http://www.drscott.plus.com/mallory2006/planning.jpg

Scotty
09-06-2006, 03:33 PM
http://www.drscott.plus.com/mallory2006/terry.jpg

claicerrig
09-06-2006, 05:17 PM
First of all TERRY thank you for organising a great day out for every one :D :D

You are the MAN.

Thanks to all of you who have offerd help and concern its certanly makes me feel good that :ukm: is such a big warm family.

Any one get pictures of my off or can give me a fuller report of what they saw or how it happened i would be greatfull .

Sorry for spoiling the session for the Red group and hope i did not cause too much delay

Now the medical report :cry:

My Ankle is broken in Two places and the ligament has been pulled off the bone.
Friction burn to knee cap (the Dr`s seem more concerend with this :eek: )
The whole of my body aches down the left side but the Lid and Leathers did there jobs and 30 strenght cocods work very well :mand:

As for the bike and 2rs work and it will be back on the road.Or seeing as i am going nowhere for a few weeks maybe stripped,cleaned,and a paint job and shinny bits.

That is my last trackday as participent :cry: but i feel i have now achived all i can to get my Tee shirt of doing everything, and the only thing missing was binning my bike so i have :flag:
But i will also pay up my cash to keep this event going next year because i think its worth it to see you all out there fast and slow :drunk:

Thanks again for everything

Clai

Quote`s of the day

" A red flag hmmm i wander which nobber has binned it .Bloody typical it had to be you " My little brother

or

"No wander you lot did so well at Rorkes Drift!!! Picking a bike up with an Ankel like that!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Paramedic

or my personel fav

Heheh ohh go go let`s take him to the Royal. I want to see the recep type that bloody address correctly

SazzaG
09-06-2006, 05:23 PM
Clai, I saw everything, but unfortunately didn't have enough of a paprazzi mindset to have taken photos.

Very impressed that you pushed the bike all that way with your ankle! As Terry pointed out, you're built to roll - 3 times if I remember correctly!

Get well soon.

Saz

Jim66a
09-06-2006, 05:31 PM
I was watching on that corner too, To me it looked as though you grabbed a fist full of front brake and the front slid away entering the bend.
I thought you were going to lean your bike on one of the big 'Bales' but you kept going all the way to the grass.. no sign of a limp either.
Hope you mend quickly.

craigie
09-06-2006, 06:49 PM
CHEERS Big Man

Another top day and like everyone else would post a cheque tomorrow.

And like everyone else am a bit red, vest tan sorted for the summer.

Orfink69
09-06-2006, 08:10 PM
6. S4R's power advantage can be eaten away just by switching off my brain

Trackdays rock

I trust you're not implying anything :mand: Just because yours comes with an on / off switch ;)

Spud, it was a pleasure to meet and chase you round the track..... haven't had so much fun since......... well never :banana:

Terry, Many thanks for organising what turned out to be the most fun I, and probably most there, have had on two wheels :woot:

Thanks to all you guys and gals at :ukm: for making me feel so welcome. I'm afraid I'm a bit like my bike... Doesn't mix well with others.... But I still felt part of the clan

Clai.... What can be said apart from get well soon.

Count me in for next year

MotoNik
09-06-2006, 08:14 PM
Just thought I'd add my 2p...

Thank you Terry - I know you said all you do is collect the cheques, but we all know you're just being modest. Bottom line is the day wouldn't have happened without you, and you deserve massive thanks. Not seen so many grinning happy people in a long while. Good work mate, thank you.

Thank you too to Ducati UK - I for one will be writing a letter of thanks for their involvement in the day. Not only for the many and varied cakes, the essential water, and of course the fabulous array of demo bikes which I shamelessly whored myself on! Special thanks to Tim McAbee for letting me ride his pride and joy Sport Classic - I thoroughly enjoyed it! Thank you Tim, it was a great experience and I'm very grateful.

I've probably done in excess of 20 trackdays and yesterdays was easily the best. Fantastic friendly people, great atmosphere, great riding on track, not to mention the weather. I too would happily pay now for the next one.

Hope to see you all again soon.

cheers,

Nik

logyk
09-06-2006, 09:44 PM
Just an endorsement of all that has already been said.

I too would gladly send my cheque tomorrow if it means another day like yesterday....even the weather was kind!!

Big thanks to Ducati UK and great to see Chris Walker mixing with us normal people .....we Notts folk are very down to earth !

Hope everyone got home safely .....and that you all felt as knackered as I did !

Emily
10-06-2006, 12:53 PM
I know it's all been said but here's my ten penneth worth!

Huge big mahoossive thanks to Terry for organising everything and for all the worrying about money and filling places etc., at least it was all worth it in the end eh? Plus just for being there and making me grin......LOTS! You're a star :heart:

Next huge big massive thanks to everyone in UKMOC for being so friendly and supportive and helping me deal with all the pre-trackday nerves. You're all so bloody nice. Great aren't we?!!

Thanks to Nik and Ped for the company, the support and for having faith in me. Oh and for the Whopper on the way home, boy was that much much needed!!

Thanks to Mand for the refreshments (especially the sweaty balls!!) and for the kind words of encouragement. You gave me the confidence to really push myself and do things that I never thought I was capable of. Ever! I won't mention that I lapped you during one session. Ooops! Did I say that out loud? :mand: Sorry Mand, I'm just so proud of myself.

Thanks to Ducati UK for the endless cups of cold water - I wonder how many bottles we went through? And for the refreshments, especially the pain au chocolat. Yum yum!

I'd also like to thank Ducati UK for bringing all the bikes along, but a) I was too scared to ride one and b) Nik rode them all so I fear it may end up costing us some money somewhere along the way in the form of a shiney new monster!!!

Thanks to Alex for taking squillions of photos, can't wait to see them. Also thanks to everyone else that took photos, of which I have spotted myself in a few.

And finally, thanks to my bike for providing me with the biggest grin I've had for ages, for behaving itself all day (apart from that back wheel locking up incident coming into the hairpin! :eyepopping: ) and for proving that iccle 600s can, and do, go as fast on the track as the bigger bikes in the fold.

See you all next year :flag:

Emily