PDA

View Full Version : Ladies and gentlemen, place your bets perlease....

Nonnie
07-06-2006, 08:15 PM
So,

Who's gonna bin it at the track day?!

sidrat
07-06-2006, 08:17 PM
me........probably

Nonnie
07-06-2006, 08:21 PM
I doubt it, aren't you an ex racer in WSB?

sidrat
07-06-2006, 08:28 PM
but i never said i was any good!!!

Nonnie
07-06-2006, 08:29 PM
What group are you going in?

sidrat
07-06-2006, 08:40 PM
intermediate, i dont think i would be allowed in the slow group on an S4rs!!

Nonnie
07-06-2006, 08:45 PM
I don't imagine anyone would mind. Nobody would take the mick or anything.

sidrat
07-06-2006, 08:47 PM
are you going then nonnie, or wont they let you in with all the petrol fumes?

Nonnie
07-06-2006, 08:49 PM
huh? Non comprende,

Sadly, I can't go. Can't even spectate.

sidrat
07-06-2006, 08:51 PM
sorry to hear that, i am booked and paid, but still only a 50/50 chance of getting there myself......i hope no one crashes.....its going to be warm and sunny so should be a good day, decision to go will be made in the morning!

Nonnie
07-06-2006, 08:53 PM
I bet it will be a great day. Hope all goes well for you if you do make it.

sidrat
07-06-2006, 08:55 PM
thanx hunny, bike is clean and ready to go, just need to organise staff in the morning, if its sunny, i think temptation will get the better of me!

benson
07-06-2006, 09:09 PM
Sidrat we're expecting great things mate - we remember tales of you chasing down other bikes on the track!!!!!:nash:

benson
07-06-2006, 09:10 PM
sadly like Nonnie I haven't got the chance to make it to the track day so we are expecting truly great things from you!!!!!

bod
07-06-2006, 10:52 PM
Not me, took my chance last year and survived:cool:

Would love to go again this year but missed the holiday booking...bloddy bosses!

Mand
08-06-2006, 04:26 AM
I have banned all crashing this year.

I can't sleep I am so excited! :mand:

I mean why else would I be posting at stupid o'clock.

Paranoid Dave
08-06-2006, 04:39 AM
I'll check back later to see who got a mouth full of kitty litter. Y'know if i'd have thought about it i could have stocked up on spare parts and then sold them after tomorrow at a premium on the for sale section to those in the need of new bits.

Have fun y'all.

Chaos Inc.
08-06-2006, 08:38 AM
I propose for all those not at the track day: Welcome to the London track day. Great corners included in our track with traditional obstacle course potholes, black cabs, pedestrians, manhole covers and diesel. Entry is free and we even waiver the congestion charge. This is also one of the new freeform tracks so you may choose any route you wish. Meeting and start is sometime, somewhere. Have a good ride.

For more info, contact mayor of London on 0800weignorebikers.
Cheers

benson
08-06-2006, 05:34 PM
Like it Chaos - with additional points for braking on the apex of an old lady...

McMONSTRO
08-06-2006, 05:37 PM
There was only one! Into Edwinas, Claicerrig I think it was, heard he was OK, apart from a damaged ankle, hope its nothing serious!

Apart from that a great day, including a Guest apperance from Chris "the Stalker" Walker, who made it all look very easy!

No doubt more to follow from more informed participants!

McMonstro

benson
08-06-2006, 05:39 PM
Hope all is well with everyone - glad that the offs didn't appear to be amount to greater numbers - get well soon Clai!!!

slob
08-06-2006, 08:14 PM
blimey, he was lapping me every session.

sidrat
08-06-2006, 08:18 PM
benson, i held up the good name of the S4rs.........i think

benson
08-06-2006, 09:30 PM
Well done Sidrat - glad you all had a fabby day - the Ace was quiet without you all but there were a goodly number of bikes - and new faces which was good and some awfully bad behaviour too!
Hurrah for bikes!

Pedro
08-06-2006, 10:09 PM
Clai did indeed low side into Edwinas - he told me the foot peg snapped off when it made contact with the ground and trapped his foot, they think he may have chipped the bone. Bike look ok, he thought it crashed well!!

Get well soon mate!

Ped

Gilps
09-06-2006, 07:52 AM
There I was in the novice group. Second session of the day which is the first session where the novices are allowed to overtake. This bloke comes past me with SIDRAT written on the back of his leathers. I spent the rest of the session trying to catch him up but with no luck. Throughout the day I was getting quicker and quicker and my goal was to try to catch up with this SIDRAT bloke and try to overtake him back. I was on a mission, but I could never get to see him let alone pass him. Well I found him in the late afternoon and he told me that that he had turned up late that morning so they let him out with the novices but after that he went into the intermediates. I'd spent all day trying to catch up with someone who wasn't even on the bloody track! Then I find out that he actually knows how to ride these damned things properly. He should be banned from attending next year. :mand:

emily's driver
09-06-2006, 09:50 AM
Then I find out that he actually knows how to ride these damned things properly. He should be banned from attending next year. :mand:

Perhaps he has perfected the art of time travel thus appearing to be quicker than anyone else and it's all an illusion after all. Perhaps he is the new time lord. Perhaps he does a mean Tom Baker impression. Perhaps he will be re-incarnated into Isabella Rossellini herself. The make-up is awfully convincing.

Then again perhaps not.

Bodybag
09-06-2006, 11:34 AM
There I was in the novice group. Second session of the day which is the first session where the novices are allowed to overtake. This bloke comes past me with SIDRAT written on the back of his leathers. I spent the rest of the session trying to catch him up but with no luck. Throughout the day I was getting quicker and quicker and my goal was to try to catch up with this SIDRAT bloke and try to overtake him back. I was on a mission, but I could never get to see him let alone pass him. Well I found him in the late afternoon and he told me that that he had turned up late that morning so they let him out with the novices but after that he went into the intermediates. I'd spent all day trying to catch up with someone who wasn't even on the bloody track! Then I find out that he actually knows how to ride these damned things properly. He should be banned from attending next year. :mand:
So he's the bugger that passed me in the Intermediates!! I tried to keep up but he seemed to be the only person I couldn't pass. Who was the guy in the Black and Burnt orange Furygan leathers? I had a bit of a ding dong with him too but I think we were fairly well matched. All in all an awesome day and I have the money waiting already for next years. When is the next one Terry?

Chappers
09-06-2006, 11:46 AM
Clai did indeed low side into Edwinas - he told me the foot peg snapped off when it made contact with the ground and trapped his foot, they think he may have chipped the bone. Bike look ok, he thought it crashed well!!

Get well soon mate!

Ped

See here for pics I quickly took on phone...

http://www.ukmonster.co.uk/monster/showthread.php?p=169696#post169696

gary tompkins
09-06-2006, 12:39 PM
and a few more of our wounded UKMOC'er from me...