PDA

View Full Version : 11th June Hants Tour

BoozyBOB
07-06-2006, 12:39 AM
names here please if you are joining so i can pick a pub lunch stop...:thumbsup: have two on standby...:drunk:

sorry for the short notice...:on:

got your PM Pedro will answer soon..

Zimbo
07-06-2006, 06:24 AM
Wot, you not coming up to Castle Coombe to support us riding in Desmodue? Shame on you!!! :mand: :mand: :mand:

Pedro
07-06-2006, 06:33 AM
Cool, I'm in, need to scrub some new tyres in!!

Where we meeting Bob?

Bunny
07-06-2006, 07:22 AM
BoozyBOB
Pedro
Bunny

Castle Coombe Sat :mand:
Boozy Tour Sun :mand: :mand:

SazzaG
07-06-2006, 07:34 AM
BoozyBOB
Pedro
Bunny
SazzaG

Looking foward to it Bob. 3 years since my first tour!

S

robht
07-06-2006, 10:10 AM
BoozyBOB
Pedro
Bunny
SazzaG
RobHT

I see you've ordered the weather Bob.

singletrack
07-06-2006, 12:00 PM
I was hoping to come but I have a pass out for the track day, and was out last weekend so I think I will have to spend the day with the family :cry:

lord vader
07-06-2006, 12:47 PM
BoozyBOB
Pedro
Bunny
SazzaG
RobHT
Lord Vader (+ poss extra on a rice burner)

BoozyBOB
07-06-2006, 08:42 PM
ok folks Meet at Alton Station 10:30 for 11 ride around Hants/Berks borders a stop for lunch then a ride after Mel is said to be joining in at some point..

if Sussexettes cant make this time PM me Sazza

if you want to meet before lunch PM me Mel

CK & AK
07-06-2006, 09:12 PM
what a shame we cant join you Boozy - we'll be at Castle Combe all w/end.

Must catch up soon mate, its been too long

C:)

BoozyBOB
07-06-2006, 09:31 PM
i am hopeing to get to Coombe on the Sat.. if i do i will be sure to pop in..
so make sure the wine from friday night has worn off..

lord vader
10-06-2006, 09:55 PM
Last minute drop out i'm afraid.
I had the pass from her indoors and everything sorted
BUT
The tie fighter has caused me grief, i rode it to Croydon on friday for work and on the way she just cut out intermitiantly about 20 times most times she pick back up again after diving all power but on several occasions she dies completly and i had to coast her from a tonne on lane 4 of the M25 to the Hard sholder with no power. Not very fun i can tell you. she was fine on the way home but played up again earlier today.
I'd spoil your ride if she kept cutting out and i can't ride her with any degree of confidence into corners etc.
Looks like i will spend tommorow getting sun burnt or burnt using the soldering iron.
Gutted just Gutted.:banghead: :cry:

Bodybag
10-06-2006, 10:18 PM
Sounds like the side stand switch problem that I had some time ago. Wire had chafed under the frame just below the tank and kept shorting out.

lord vader
11-06-2006, 09:01 AM
cheers Bodybag, i rekon your gonna be right, i've put the switch back to norm with no effect and i have replaced the starter/ kill switch that i had concerns with so i better stoke up the soldering iron.

vader

Geoff Avern
11-06-2006, 01:27 PM
G'day Darth mate,

Had similar unpredicatble and intemittent complete loss of electricalities on '96 M750. FWIW, found that (lift the tank) pulling one of the looms towards the centre of the bike brought all the lights back - from memory its a small loom that disappears between the battery and the coils/ignition boxes. I wired it across with tension and had no further problems until it was fixed at a service the following week.

Geoff
Berks

BoozyBOB
11-06-2006, 03:02 PM
well done all for turning up.. :flag: Mile master Bunny... and well done for the hedge dodging Pedro stunt show...:wallace:
a good day out
hope all got home safe and sound..and as hot as me...
Sazza will post some pics soon
again THANKS for the company...(and who was that on the Monster dark at West Meon)

Bunny
11-06-2006, 03:33 PM
Thanks Bob, home safe n sound. Only 230 miles today !!
Last 50 miles was a bit quick
Pedro in the gravel, but kept it the right way up, but no icecreams:mad:
Better be sorted for next year :mand:
See you for Beaulieu in 2 weeks

SazzaG
11-06-2006, 03:40 PM
Cheers Bob - great day out. Will post pics when I've worked out how to resize them!

Final roll-call, with 5 counties represented:

Boozy-Bob - Hampshire
Pedro - Hampshire
Bunny - Dorset
Robht - Wiltshire (Sussex exile)
James T - Surrey (another Sussex exile!)
Me - Sussex

Not bad!

Fab day, great roads, good food, but no ice creams, as Bunny said :cry: Better keep an eye on Pedro's worrying fascination of gravel driveways:pedro:

Saz

BoozyBOB
11-06-2006, 04:51 PM
i remember the days when there were too many to mention:gromit:
see you all in two weeks:pedro:

and i think it was Rod that passed us at West Meon

robht
11-06-2006, 04:59 PM
Thanks for a good route Bob.

Good company, worth the trip from Wiltshire as ever (3 petrol stops for me today). Got home in time to do some painting :-(

Nice to meet Bunny for the trip to and from the west, good to see Jim again after more than a year and thanks for the entertainment Pedro. I look forward to seeing even more carbon on your bike next time Sazza!

james t
11-06-2006, 05:17 PM
Only 205miles round trip for me.
Thanks Bob and Sazza.
And thanks to Pedro for the light relief with the gravel run off :eek:
Good to see you again Rob.
Look forward to doing it all again soon.
Regards James t.

singletrack
11-06-2006, 05:37 PM
You had a beautiful day for a ride.

BUT - we will soon have a new Hampshire member - my hubby has just ordered a new S2R1000 :eek:

SazzaG
11-06-2006, 07:06 PM
At the Alton meeting point.

L-R; Robht, James T, Boozy-Bob, Pedro, Bunny

SazzaG
11-06-2006, 07:07 PM
A couple more of monsters in the sun..

Pedro
11-06-2006, 08:20 PM
Well, what did I learn today.....

Never follow close behind a scotsman in his own neighbourhood when he fecks up a corner....

Fortunately no traffic coming the other way, fortunately there was a drive to bail out into, fortunately the gate was open and fortunately I stopped it before the gravel made me drop it...!!!! The gravel was quite deep though...

It actually got worse later too. Stoopid coffin dodger pulled out on me and I had to take to the pavement!!!!!:banghead: :banghead: I actually stopped in front of her and let rip with a torrent of abuse!:cens: :cens:

I think I should stayed at home....

Serioulsy though, nice to see all today

Ped