PDA

View Full Version : S2R Speedo

Mrs Soup
06-06-2006, 12:49 PM
I dunno about you lot, but I sort of assumed that my speedo over-read by a margin.

If Mr Trafficpoliceman is to be believed, it's almost spot on, as he said he clocked me at 98-100, oops :cry:

However, he let me off with 92-94, so I don't need to go to court.

Chappers
06-06-2006, 12:51 PM
Jammy cow :bunny:

slob
06-06-2006, 01:00 PM
I dunno about you lot, but I sort of assumed that my speedo over-read by a margin.

If Mr Trafficpoliceman is to be believed, it's almost spot on, as he said he clocked me at 98-100, oops :cry:

However, he let me off with 92-94, so I don't need to go to court.

Is he to be believed? Was it pursuit with a calibrated speedo and second traffic officer as witness, or a handheld gun? If the latter it's probably not accurate (or at least untested) with motorcycles and I might rather be in court, having the case thrown out, unless there have been significant developments since I last looked.

Mrs Soup
07-06-2006, 01:10 PM
Is he to be believed? Was it pursuit with a calibrated speedo and second traffic officer as witness, or a handheld gun?

It was a pursuit car but he was on his own, which was why he said he could bend the rules, though it could mean he could exagerate a bit and make himself look kind.

Either way my unblemished record goes out of the window, and next time I think it might be a police car behind me I'll slow down and check. :dunce: :worried:

Chappers
07-06-2006, 01:58 PM
It was a pursuit car but he was on his own

On his own? Recordable equipment on board the vehicle or just him saying he 'clocked' you doing that speed?

I know I was guilty of doing 115mph 2 months back in the car and got off with it completely but there was 2 of them in a pursuit car but they didn't have recordable equipment on board so they couldn't convict me....I was lucky as I had not long completed a ban :eek: