PDA

View Full Version : One Extreme to Another

Kato
06-06-2006, 10:22 AM
Morning Folks,

Well my bike has been running like a bag of nails for a few days specifically at low RPM so I decided to give my carbs a clean and fit my stage 2 dynojet kit that I intended to fit weeks ago last night all very easy with the aid of a set of instructions (followed to the letter), but now I have exactly the opposite problem brilliant in the traffic and very responsive of the mark but no top end power at all, OK on full throttle but part throttle is awful, also seems to be running very weak, anyone got any idea’s what I’ve done wrong.. :banghead:

Zimbo
06-06-2006, 04:28 PM
You can probably sort it by adjusting the needle position, however you need to know whether it's running rich or lean. A dyno run will be money well spent here I reckon, do a run to establish what needs changing, whip the carb tops off and adjust the needle positions, reassemble, another run to check, job done.

Kato
06-06-2006, 07:44 PM
well as I suspected it was all my fault, installed little washers on the wrong side of the C clip, put back together exactly how it came apart so it was clearly wrong in the first place. Plus a little bit of grit making one of the slides stick, that will teach me to take more care next time, don't fancy doing every job twice Now for the good bit "oh boy" was it all worth it S&*T of a shovel springs to mind very glad I persevered with it..:mand:

Zimbo
06-06-2006, 07:52 PM
Well done Kato, and yes, a correctly fueled 900 certainly puts a smile on your face!!! Only problem is, most other bikes you'll ride will seem flat and lifeless, just try going back to a jap 600 IL4 and you'll see what I mean, like there's an elastic band between the throttle and engine, and someone's nicked half the spark plugs :mand:

Kato
07-06-2006, 08:28 AM
a correctly fueled 900 certainly puts a smile on your face!!!

How right you are Zimbo, getting to work this morning was a blast, only problem now is I want to go out again:banghead: only 7:1/2 more hours to go:cry: