PDA

View Full Version : Bellypans? useless or not? or what?

Dave G
05-06-2006, 08:45 PM
I'm not really convinced about bellypans, do they actually have a function?
It seem to me they would just funnel all the road crud into a thicker mess in one spot than over the whole engine case.
I think i prefer the cleaner lines of engine and exhaust anyway,but I may be in the minority here.
Are they the carbon equivalent of purple anodised bolts?
Whats the attraction?

Pedro
05-06-2006, 08:52 PM
Keeps the snot off the starter motor and hides flaking paint!

Shandy
05-06-2006, 08:54 PM
Don't know what they do if anything I just like the look of em, just got the smaller monza one from spareshack man in a box waiting to be fitted. As Ped says it also has the advantage of hinding some of the rust and flakey bits on me engine :chuckle:

CK & AK
05-06-2006, 08:56 PM
for me?

My imola bellypan keeps the worst of the crap off the engine, and tidies the bottom line of the bike.

but thats only my personal opinion:)

I remove it about once a month for a clean inside & out, and to clean bike properly :)

Albie
05-06-2006, 09:19 PM
I keep grounding mine out :cry: :cry: :mad: :banghead: But it does look good and keeps all the crap away. Wish it had one on from new as last winter decided to attack the paint a bit. I did keep it washed too.:mand:

tch911
08-06-2006, 01:06 PM
Any pictures of the options guys? I've got a Red 620 with all the Corse stripes etc and was thinking of a belly pan. I don't know how much it would cost to spray up? I've seen the long ones and the short ones and it's hard to visualise as they whizz past!

Albie, what sort of situations do you grind it out? Speed bumps?

Shandy
08-06-2006, 01:16 PM
Any pictures of the options guys? I've got a Red 620 with all the Corse stripes etc and was thinking of a belly pan. I don't know how much it would cost to spray up? I've seen the long ones and the short ones and it's hard to visualise as they whizz past!

Albie, what sort of situations do you grind it out? Speed bumps?

If you want picyures have a look at the gallery, singletrack's bike has the shorter monza type and pero's bike has the longer imola type. There both avaliable form Spareshack and are colour impregnated GRP, don't know how much it would cost to add course strips to it.

Cheers,

Shandy

DesmoDog
08-06-2006, 01:24 PM
Purple bolts? Where can I get some?

tch911
08-06-2006, 01:40 PM
If you want picyures have a look at the gallery, singletrack's bike has the shorter monza type and pero's bike has the longer imola type. There both avaliable form Spareshack and are colour impregnated GRP, don't know how much it would cost to add course strips to it.

Cheers,

Shandy

I was thinking I'd probably not go for Corse stripes on the belly pan. So the spareshack one just bolts on and would match the Ducati Red?

Shandy
08-06-2006, 01:52 PM
I was thinking I'd probably not go for Corse stripes on the belly pan. So the spareshack one just bolts on and would match the Ducati Red?

Yeah thats right it should just be that, i've just bought a yellow monza (yet to fit it) and it came with bolts and brackets . It looks like all you have to do is take four engine casing bolts out, stick these little brackets behind them and then screw the belly pan to the brackets.

As for the colour match mine looks spot on and when i ordered it from spareshack they said the have never had one returned due to a poor colour match, give Stu a bell and have a chat with him.

Cheers,

Shandy