PDA

View Full Version : The Stranglers to play Dartford...

MilesB
05-06-2006, 02:18 PM
If anyone is interested, The Stranglers are in concert @ Dartford on 27th July.
See http://www.themickjaggercentre.com/

Saw them do a half hour set last summer :cool: :thumbsup:
So me & Susan will be going :mand:

Gilps
05-06-2006, 02:28 PM
It's not the original lineup though, is it? I heard an interview with Hugh Cornwell a couple of years back and he said they had fallen out and he would never play with them again. Should be a good gig though.

Lady-Bob
06-06-2006, 12:06 AM
Ber-limey!.... That takes me back

(ooer - showing my age again! :banghead: )

alan c
06-06-2006, 01:11 PM
went to see straglers a couple of years ago at tonbridge, exellent night, same line up exept hugh cordwell, new singer was good, old bass player even better, think i should get some tickets as live in dartford. :drunk:

alan c
06-06-2006, 01:19 PM
just seen blockheads playing dartford, sadly no ian dury, should be good gig ,happy days, sex pistols next ?:banghead:

MilesB
06-06-2006, 01:22 PM
It's not the original lineup though, is it? I heard an interview with Hugh Cornwell a couple of years back and he said they had fallen out and he would never play with them again. Should be a good gig though.
Hugh Cornwell left a few years ago, being replaced by a new singer and a guitarist - both of whome are good... the rest, basist, keyboards and drums are the same, and they sound great. We're really looking forward to it.

Intriguingly this is to be a "acoustic" set - laid black....

alan c
06-06-2006, 06:39 PM
picking up tickets tonight, see you there, couple of pubs round corner if fancy drink first.:mand: :mand:

Duncan
06-06-2006, 07:20 PM
I saw them at Ashton Court Festival a few years ago.

They were excellent and only cost a fiver to get in.

And for any Simple Minds fans they are headlining Ashton Court Festival this year all for your fiver admittance.
http://www.ashtoncourtfestival.com/

Chaos Inc.
09-06-2006, 01:56 PM
Nice 'n Sleazy does it every time:yoparty:

dazzi-b
09-06-2006, 05:21 PM
I've seen the stranglers loads of times over the years and since Hugh left and was replaced by Paul I think they have got better. The live set is far more exciting.

The guitar player is the 2nd guitarist over the past 10yrs........I think.

Im going to see them in July at the Accoustic Festival and Im looking forward to them playing un-plugged.