PDA

View Full Version : Running terrible

xjrjohn
03-06-2006, 10:16 PM
Hi
Just had my bike serviced and now its running terrible.initially thought it was the plugs.Problem seems to be that when idling it soundls slightly uneven (if that makes any sense).Then if i suddenly twist the throttle it cuts out ,if it doesnt cut out there seems to be a slight hesitation.When running at low revs its very very lumpy,throttle doesnt seem even.Running at high speeds seems good..no loss of power.When riding at low speeds,particularly in towns i have to set the idle speed with the fast idle lever at around 2k.Setting off fast from lights/roundabouts is a dare cos its hit or miss if its gonna cut out.Pissed me right off...anyone any ideas? Ive had it hooked up to a computer (or rather the mechanic has) and there doesnt seem to be anything amiss....fuel trims etc are set correctly.Theres no pipes catching under the tank or anything.I thought biking was supposed to be fun...dont even feel like riding it now.:grump:
John

Shandy
03-06-2006, 10:23 PM
Sounds like its running on one cylinder at low revs, it has all the symptons. Dodgy connection or HT lead somewhere maybe????

xjrjohn
03-06-2006, 11:18 PM
Sounds like its running on one cylinder at low revs, it has all the symptons. Dodgy connection or HT lead somewhere maybe????
Hi
Thanks for the reply
Wouldnt it also run bad at hig revs/speeds tho? Seems ok when im up and running
John

Sparky
04-06-2006, 09:14 AM
Was the bike OK directly after the service or was the poor running as a result of the service?

Zimbo
04-06-2006, 09:49 AM
Try changing the plugs, I've known at least one monster idle badly but seem ok on higher revs due to a faulty plug.

rossi
04-06-2006, 10:12 AM
could well be a plug or a coil pack.if you take the bike for a run then check the plugs it should tell you whitch cylinder the problem is on .i have come across duff new plugs in the past.

xjrjohn
04-06-2006, 07:54 PM
Hi
Thanks for the replies.It was running perfect before the service.Anyway its now doing it all the time,changed the coils round and sussed out which one isnt working so hopefully when i get a new coil itll be sorted (fingers crossed,touchwood and all that).Anybody any idea how much a new coil is please?
Ta
John