PDA

View Full Version : Front Brake Light Switch?

JayT
02-06-2006, 03:29 PM
Hi there, I have my MOT booked for 2mora, just reading through the requirements to pass and it mentions about brake lights, must work if a switch fitted to both front and rear.

Just wondering if any1 can tell me, I have an M600 Dark 2001 X Reg, does this have a switch on the front brake? I've owned my bike almost a year and never put it through an MOT, and the front brake has never operated the light

Cheers.

Jonny

Gilps
02-06-2006, 03:53 PM
Yes you certainly should have a switch on the front brake.

dlloyduk
02-06-2006, 03:58 PM
small micro switch under the lever,unless it been replaced with a pressure switch at some time.

JayT
02-06-2006, 04:01 PM
Ok cheers, am gona go have a loook that now. Is it a serviceable part, are do you generally have to replace them?

Thanks

dlloyduk
02-06-2006, 04:05 PM
Most people replace them as they are only a few quid but you can get them apart and back together if you can catch the bits.

Pugi
02-06-2006, 04:05 PM
As mentioned you should have a switch, and it is under the lever. Follow the wires that (should) go to your hand grip. A switch like it shouldn't cost many pence, but you never know with Ducati. They'll probably charge you a tenner or so.

gary tompkins
02-06-2006, 05:23 PM
As mentioned you should have a switch, and it is under the lever. Follow the wires that (should) go to your hand grip. A switch like it shouldn't cost many pence, but you never know with Ducati. They'll probably charge you a tenner or so.

Errr... last one I bought cost me 16 quid and that was 2 years ago! :nash:

Worth checking the connections (near headstock) where the switch plugs into the loom. These are crappy quality and often work loose or get corroded. I've had a lot of hassle with these on the trike and ended up wrapping them in tape to maintain a good connection.

JayT
02-06-2006, 05:26 PM
Sorted it. thanx, happened top be the dodgey bullet connectore down from the micro switch.

Thanks for that guys