PDA

View Full Version : Kent Poll

Lady-Bob
02-06-2006, 11:56 AM
I'd like to re-instate this poll which was taken 2 years ago when I first took the roll of Kent Rep.

At that time, only 7 UKMOC members voted in the poll.

I still think the poll was helpful even then.... and can be now

Darry
02-06-2006, 11:58 AM
I'd like to re-instate this poll which was taken 2 years ago when I first took the roll of Kent Rep.

At that time, only 7 UKMOC members voted in the poll.

I still think the poll was helpful even then.... and can be now

Just make sure Gully doesn't walk into it!!

Lady-Bob
02-06-2006, 12:54 PM

And make sure there isn't a seagull sitting on top if he does!!!!

GULLY
02-06-2006, 10:21 PM
Now look here Darry, it was a black pole in the middle of a pitch black room and I was under the influence :banghead:. That is my excuse and I am sticking to it:chuckle:

I'll be seeing you soon, sir.
Gully

Lady-Bob
02-06-2006, 10:23 PM
it was a black pole in the middle of a pitch black room

If the room was pitch black .... how can you tell ithe pole was black!!?? :drunk:

GULLY
02-06-2006, 10:28 PM
If the room was pitch black .... how can you tell ithe pole was black!!?? :drunk:
Coz when I hit it, that was what I saw plus, of course, a few stars :banghead:

Gully

Albie
03-06-2006, 06:44 AM
Was Darry dancing up it sir when you hit it sir Was it a nice pole sir.Was it hard sir.

Lady-Bob
03-06-2006, 03:52 PM
Stroke the poll sir, stroke it... ooh! :eek:

Lady-Bob
07-06-2006, 09:56 AM
Come on you lot....

I know there's more than 9 of you out there.

I need your vote in this poll and comments on how things are running generally in the Kent section.

I can't make things better if I don't know what's wrong. :banghead:

I thought we'd get a better response from this thread this year now there's more of us.

Don't be afraid to speak up. :eek:

If I'm a lousy rep then say so and give me an idea how things might be done differently

fatbloke
07-06-2006, 10:13 AM
I think this is a great poll and (with your permission) I'd like to make it a national poll.
I'd move it and email all members if thats OK

Albie
07-06-2006, 10:28 AM
Come on you lot....

I know there's more than 9 of you out there.

I need your vote in this poll and comments on how things are running generally in the Kent section.

I can't make things better if I don't know what's wrong. :banghead:

I thought we'd get a better response from this thread this year now there's more of us.

Don't be afraid to speak up. :eek:

If I'm a lousy rep then say so and give me an idea how things might be done differently
Ok then your lousy.:mand: :mand: :eek: You can hit me tomorrow.LOL Only joking hun.Your a star and keep it up. We've come along way in 18 months.:tgoe: :tgoe:

Ps I have voted BTW.:banghead:

Pugi
07-06-2006, 10:33 AM
I think this is a great poll and (with your permission) I'd like to make it a national poll.
I'd move it and email all members if thats OK

Maybe make it multiple choice too?
I find there is more than one answer that fits me.

Chaos Inc.
07-06-2006, 11:06 AM
I just realised that my folks whom I go visit from time to time, live in Bromley, which is in kent. Useless bit of information no 137224

MilesB
07-06-2006, 11:42 AM
Bromley, which is in kent. Useless bit of information no 137224
Also wrong too... methinks Bromley is a London Borough.

However, we ain't too snobby or exclusive in Kent, especially as our fearless leader lives in Orpington, so the more the merrier (and louder :mand: ).

bobob
07-06-2006, 11:56 AM
No we are most definately in Kent :( well, so my mail tells me anyway....

Lady-Bob
07-06-2006, 02:30 PM
Also wrong too... methinks Bromley is a London Borough.

However, we ain't too snobby or exclusive in Kent, especially as our fearless leader lives in Orpington, so the more the merrier (and louder :mand: ).

NOOOOOOOOOOOOO Chaos is NOT wrong
When are you going to get rid of this THEM and US business??

BROMLEY, BEXLEY, BECKENHAM, DARTFORD etc

IT'S ALL KENT MATE :banghead: :banghead:

They all have the word KENT in their postal address and they ALL have KENT post codes.

Just because were are not in the Middle of Kent, in the greatv mapping empire of Maidstone suburbia, it doesn't make us any less Kenties.

It's only a London Borough because some white-collar worker thought it would be good to get more votes if they changed the electoral boundaries.

If we really want to get technical .... Bromley, Orpington, Bexley etc are a part of GREATER LONDON KENT. Which (if we can all read properly) encapsulates London AND Kent together - aaah!

Us lot up here are proud to be Kenties... don't take it away from us.

Or are you of the old fashioned, narrowminded set that think anything inside the M25 is technically Kent? :banghead:

I know you are our human sat nav but blimey Milesb, there are different shades of black and white y'kno (there's arctic white, polar white, ice white.... !)

Sigh! Rant over..... calm now! love you:kiss:

Lady-Bob
07-06-2006, 02:35 PM
Ok then your lousy.:mand: :mand: :eek: You can hit me tomorrow.LOL Only joking hun.Your a star and keep it up. We've come along way in 18 months.:tgoe: :tgoe:

Ps I have voted BTW.:banghead:

:cry: Lousy :cry: ME? :cry:

But seriously... that's what its all about, this poll.

I'm not perfect (Gawd knows I'm not!) so some hints and tips to keep all mildly happy (Sorry about the rant Milesb! - not meant maliciously) are always welcomed.

Is that how long it's been? 18 months? Christ! feels like a lifetime :mand:

Fatbloke,

Happy for you to use my poll, but give me a week or so - so I can get a bit of Kent opinion.

If it is going to be a general poll - perhaps you could get them to register which county they are in when the vote? that way the poll can be of better use to the reps.

bobob
07-06-2006, 03:43 PM
Hey lady-bob, just to let you know I am not too sure if I can make it this weekend.. :(

I have a warped front disc which is eating into the caliper and binding the front brake up no end... not good. Am trying to get a set of discs and pads before the weekend so as I can come and meet ya'll, I'll keep you posted ok?

ps... nice rant :) I know we are only 8 or 9 miles from the city but its amazing how different it is being in Kent, I think most people these days think that anything inside of the M25 is a London borough!!!!! Oh well...........

benson
07-06-2006, 04:32 PM
Sorry Lady Bob - I've just voted and I don't live in Kent...
ANYWAY - I think the poll is a good idea and might help us get the club right for more people - so excuse the incomer - not near any of those places that might be Kent or London just crap at reading the rules!!!!!

gary tompkins
07-06-2006, 06:14 PM
Living as I do in delightful downtown Dartford I'm actually much closer to SE London than 90% of Kent

but I'm still a ****ing Kentie & proud of it! :hissy:

Oh... and I have voted BTW:)

MilesB
08-06-2006, 12:56 PM
I just knew this would happen again

I like to think that I am a member of the UKMOC first, and Kent second, so all are welcome... and if they affiliate themselves with Kent rather than London - or as well as, then that is fine by me.

It's just that Postal addresses have nothing to do with where you actually live :banghead: ... I put my faith in Kent County Council maps and the Ordnance Survey, which indicates the boundary of the county of Kent as including Dartford, Joydens Wood Estate (where I grew up :o ), Swanley, Crokenhill and Badgers Mount. Just over the border are Crayford, Erith, Bexley, Sidcup, Chislehurst, Bromley and Orpington.

GPS session over :gromit: .

The boundary is a FACT. But our perception of it - skewed by the Royal Mail - is that most people who live in those areas want to be associated with Kent rather than Greater London:toilet: ... I can't say I blame you really :p

Personally I wish that Bexley was still part of Kent, 'cos it would make my job easier - but it isn't, resutling in a site visit to Dartford and Crayford (sites 2 miles appart) requiring me to take 2 different sets of logo-d safety gear to satisfy my various clients/managers :banghead:

Milesb (born in Crayford :scratch: )

(PS: And I'd already voted :flag: )

MilesB
08-06-2006, 12:57 PM
Living as I do in delightful downtown Dartford I'm actually much closer to SE London than 90% of Kent

but I'm still a ****ing Kentie & proud of it! :hissy:
No need to shout - especially as you do live in Kent :tgoe:

Chaos Inc.
08-06-2006, 01:15 PM
So, having started off the 2006 boundry war :devil:, Chaos slips away into the darkness knowing that he had not read the instructions and is in fact in London pretty central. "Ah, once again I leave chaos in my wake. Ha ha ha haaaa!"

Then he was gone.

Pugi
08-06-2006, 01:51 PM
Where the hell is Kent anyway? :p

benson
08-06-2006, 05:36 PM
It's in London:mand:

Lady-Bob
08-06-2006, 06:33 PM
Where the hell is Kent anyway? :p

I have no idea mate..... I'm signing up with the Hampshire lot since I have clearly lost the plot! :banghead:

So, having started off the 2006 boundry war , Chaos slips away into the darkness knowing that he had not read the instructions and is in fact in London pretty central. "Ah, once again I leave chaos in my wake. Ha ha ha haaaa!"

Then he was gone.

You London bar-steward:eek: . Your member name is well chosen my friend!!! :mand:

Chaos Inc.
09-06-2006, 08:32 AM
Lady-Bob, who' s in the pic in your Avatar

MilesB
09-06-2006, 08:39 AM
Thats Samantha and Fang... we leave it to you work out which is which.

Chaos Inc.
09-06-2006, 12:49 PM
Thats Samantha and Fang... we leave it to you work out which is which.

How does Samantha rev the throttle with a paw? Is there some mod used?:banghead:

Funny, I used to know a few ladies called Fang, or at least I am sure they had a fair number of fangs.:eek:

Lady-Bob
09-06-2006, 03:59 PM
How does Samantha rev the throttle with a paw? Is there some mod used?:banghead:

Funny, I used to know a few ladies called Fang, or at least I am sure they had a fair number of fangs.:eek:

Sorry... but Fang is Definately a Ladies MAN!

And don't you go implying my daughter is a dog ..... you... you.... DOG you!:fou:

Chaos Inc.
09-06-2006, 04:00 PM
Sorry... but Fang is Definately a Ladies MAN!

And don't you go implying my daughter is a dog ..... you... you.... DOG you!:fou:

Whoops, major foot in mouth there:dizzy:

All apologies, would never think of it.

Chaos Inc.
09-06-2006, 04:08 PM

The reason why I ask is because is it just me or does she look like a younger sister of this lady: http://www.imdb.com/gallery/ss/0360486/Ss/0360486/CND-2645S.jpg?path=pgallery&path_key=Weisz,%20Rachel

And it is ment to be complimentary.

Lady-Bob
13-06-2006, 12:38 PM
The reason why I ask is because is it just me or does she look like a younger sister of this lady: http://www.imdb.com/gallery/ss/0360486/Ss/0360486/CND-2645S.jpg?path=pgallery&path_key=Weisz,%20Rachel

And it is ment to be complimentary.

She's not THAT pretty ..... 'specially when she's in a teenage strop :eyepopping: !!

But kind words anyway - thank you.

Chaos Inc.
13-06-2006, 01:12 PM
She's not THAT pretty ..... 'specially when she's in a teenage strop :eyepopping: !!

I don't quite understand as I was never in a teenage strop. I was an angel,.... this is where you all say how sweet :D

MilesB
13-06-2006, 01:46 PM
I was an angel,.... this is where you all say how sweet :D
It is ? :scratch:

Chaos Inc.
13-06-2006, 03:23 PM
It is ? :scratch:

Yes, or it's time for tail mod:

Lady-Bob
20-06-2006, 07:01 PM
Please note that this poll will close on Friday 23rd June 2006

So get your vote in while you can.