PDA

View Full Version : Tour of Scotland 22nd June

Massey
02-06-2006, 12:36 PM
Guys,

I've organised a bike tour of Scotland (9 bikes booked and confirmed). Here is a brief outline of what we are doing if anyone wants to join for a day or two they are most welcome.

Wednesday Night before Wooler

Anyone coming from deep South is more than welcome to spend Wednesday in Holmfirth where I'm sure there will be a few beers flying around. Will, Kev and myself plan to leave Holmfirth around noon.

The Route

If left to me this will be on the back of a fag packet created the night before the next days ride. If someone wants to volunteer to spend some time coming up with a route with great roads and appropriate stop points that would be ideal? More than one person even better, as this gives options. At the end of the day, each person should have a map of their own and if lost can then make their own way to the next stop point....obvious I know but someone has to say it.

Safety

The only thing I would suggest here is that we all exchange mobile phone numbers just in case. If we do this we will then be safe.........

The Sunday and Monday Night

Not sure totally what to do here but I'm sure we will know by the Saturday evening. I would imagine if its been sunny, a night in the lakes is likely but if it has rained all week then it might be a head for home job...

Here are the details of the accommodation booked:

June 22nd travel North from Holmfirth through Lakes to Wooler in Northumberland (Paul, Will, Kev ,Rob, Alan )

£5.00 per person deposit paid. Bed and breakfast in 2 x twin rooms at £20 per head and 1 x single room at £27 (Single room first come first served but if no takers I'll have it)

June 23rd travel North and West to Plockton Scotland (Michael, Paul, Will, Kev ,Rob, Alan)

£10:00 per person payable on the day for a cosy 6 berth room. Breakfast extra.

June 24th travel South to Tobermory (bring your disco shoes) ( Rod, Michael, Paul, Will, Kev ,Rob, Alan )

£12.50 per person per night (Booked and Paid) Breakfast extra.

June 25th This night is adhoc depending on weather etc. Will be Newcastle I think as we have a few options to crash for free.

June 26th This night is adhoc depending on weather but a night in the Lakes could be on the cards or wherever for that matter.....

Cheers,

Massey

weeshuch
09-06-2006, 01:56 PM
would be interested in joining in for the day on the ride upto plockton what route are you planning on taking is it callendar -crianlarich let me know so that i can make plans cheers and hope to see some of you soon:mand: :mand: :mand: :mand: :mand:

Massey
12-06-2006, 01:02 PM
No plans for route yet as we will get round to that in the bar of the Black Bull the night before (suggestions welcome). We will leave around 10:00 from Wooler hangovers permitting. PM me and I'll send you my mobile number so you can call me the night before or whenever for that matter to discuss where and when.

Cheers,
Massey.

:booze: :booze:

Massey
12-06-2006, 08:44 PM
Weeshutch

Just PM'd you with the details mate.

Cheers,

Massey