PDA

View Full Version : Hi there!

Guzzirider
02-06-2006, 06:41 AM
I am soon to be the lucky owner of a Monster S4RS in red with the Termignoni kit.

I am 38 and have been riding bikes for 20 years, 18 of them on Italian bikes. This will be my second Ducati- used to own a 900SS for 5 years back in the 90s.

I also love my tractors (Guzzis!) and have a V11 Le Mans Rosso Corsa with high comp Fast By Ferracci pistons, which has covered 16000 miles in 2 years.

Looks like a great forum- I look forward to learning more about the new bike from you knowledgeable folks.

cheers

Guy

Pedro
02-06-2006, 06:50 AM
Welcome!

Nice choice of bike and your Guzzi sounds like a nice toy too!

Ped

eonan
02-06-2006, 07:09 AM
Hi there...welcome to the forum :thumbsup:

Bodybag
02-06-2006, 07:46 AM
and welcome to the club. Lots of knowledge about Monsters on here but don't ask me cos I'm crap! :mand:

Gilps
02-06-2006, 07:54 AM
Welcome to the club. I understand that Guzzi thing you've got going on. For many years I hankered after a T3 Le Mans. Enjoy your latest acquisition.

gjfevans
02-06-2006, 08:14 PM
Give me a shout if you fancy a ride out sometime we cannot be far away from each other, I am sure you will have heard me already!

bigredduke
02-06-2006, 09:15 PM
Wahay! Yet another Yorkshire member! Joining us for the MAD weekend 17/18th June at Squires?

Guzzirider
02-06-2006, 09:32 PM
Definitely up for a ride out with you guys. I can't make the Squires meeting- am off to Ireland on the V11 on Wednesday, then riding straight to France, Belgium, Holland and the Alps- back on the same day as my new Monster arrives.

Then back at work for just 4 days before I fly to the USA for a three week biking holiday!!

I did not get a chance to have any holidays last year so am making up for it big time.

Give you a shout end of July when I return.

cheers

Guy

P.S. Shame I can't make the track day either!

Yorkie
03-06-2006, 10:48 AM
Welcome to the club!

Yorkie.

Zimbo
03-06-2006, 10:49 AM
Hello and welcome! I must admit I quite fance a V11 Rosso Corsa, giz a go mister :mand:

bobob
03-06-2006, 11:50 AM
Loving that guzzi, one of mums boyfriends when I was a wee lad had a guzzi and I thought it was the ferrari of motorcycles back then :)

Welcome aboard matey!

Guzzirider
03-06-2006, 12:30 PM
Hello and welcome! I must admit I quite fance a V11 Rosso Corsa, giz a go mister :mand:

Its a good bike the V11. Mine has full Ohlins, and with the new FBF pistons chucks out 74 ft lbs of torque at the back wheel on the dyno, which is more than an Aprilia Mille or standard 999. Only about 80 bhp at the rear wheel but I have just bought some oversize Fast By Ferraci valves and plan to get them fitted and get the heads flowed over winter to get a bit more top end to match the chunky midrange.

So far in the first two years of its life, it has been to 12 different countries, been ridden in a hillclimb, 2 trackdays, drag racing and a twisty sprint. Its very heavy but very good fun and easy to work on.

My girlfriend Helen also has her own V11 and I am adding her onto the insurance for the Monster.

I will never sell the Guzzi but am really looking forward to the S4RS.

Thanks for all the warm welcomes!

Guy

Pugi
03-06-2006, 02:18 PM
Sounds like a nice garage you have. Welcome!

Zimbo
03-06-2006, 02:36 PM
Its a good bike the V11. Mine has full Ohlins, and with the new FBF pistons chucks out 74 ft lbs of torque at the back wheel on the dyno, which is more than an Aprilia Mille or standard 999. Only about 80 bhp at the rear wheel but I have just bought some oversize Fast By Ferraci valves and plan to get them fitted and get the heads flowed over winter to get a bit more top end to match the chunky midrange.

So far in the first two years of its life, it has been to 12 different countries, been ridden in a hillclimb, 2 trackdays, drag racing and a twisty sprint. Its very heavy but very good fun and easy to work on.

My girlfriend Helen also has her own V11 and I am adding her onto the insurance for the Monster.

I will never sell the Guzzi but am really looking forward to the S4RS.

Thanks for all the warm welcomes!

Guy

I've been wondering how they would cope with trackdays! My monster is 84bhp and 69 foot pounds torque at the back wheel, so it probably wouldn't feel that different in the power stakes, but I love the look of them and that ohlins suspension and brembo brakes should mean you're able to surprise a few jap sportsbikes on track - which is something I love doing on the monster!!! :mand:

Guzzirider
03-06-2006, 04:42 PM
I've been wondering how they would cope with trackdays! My monster is 84bhp and 69 foot pounds torque at the back wheel, so it probably wouldn't feel that different in the power stakes, but I love the look of them and that ohlins suspension and brembo brakes should mean you're able to surprise a few jap sportsbikes on track - which is something I love doing on the monster!!! :mand:

Yes they don't like it when a fat bloke on a dirty heavy slow Guzzi with luggage frames outbrakes their Jap missile with race tyres and bodywork!

Your Duke engine will feel zippier for sure, and your bike much more agile but maybe not packing quite the same solid midrange punch.

Its bloody hard work hauling the Guzzi around the track but still a lot of fun. I think the Monster will make a better track tool though.

Guy

Tigerlily
04-06-2006, 08:31 AM
Welcome to the club!

I'm sure you won't be disappointed with you Monster when it arrives, shame you can't make the track day but I'm only on t'other side of the hills from you so we'll probably bump into each other at some point. :mand:

Enjoy your holidays! Lucky bugger! (I'm not jealous...I'm not jealous...I'm not jealous!) :chuckle:

Lady-Bob
05-06-2006, 07:08 AM
Well I'm impressed! For a newbie not only has he loaded his avatar but he has also managed to load up pictures!

Great start (perhaps this guy can teach us a thing or to about using this website!!! :mand: )

Welcome from Kent section :mand:

Guzzirider
26-06-2006, 04:10 PM
Well it arrived this afternoon and I have just taken it for a 60 miles ride.
All I can say is WOW! Such sweet steering and awesome brakes. Those radial Brembos are real eye poppers- for normal braking you only need to brush the lever with 2 fingers- you don't even have to pull. I could not believe how quick it stopped.

It loves to lean- obviously I was taking it easy with new tyres but somehow I have nearly removed my chichken strips without even trying.

Keeping the revs down as I am running her in but I can feel the potential.

Only criticisms are the rear brake (lever too low down) and the noise, which will be cured when the Termis arrive. Oh, and that horrible looking cat which I must get rid of too.

All in all a fantastic bike- can't wait to get it run in!

Guy

http://www.v11lemans.com/forums/index.php?act=Attach&type=post&id=5428

Bodybag
26-06-2006, 04:46 PM
All in all a fantastic bike- can't wait to get it run in!

Have you booked it in for its first 600 mile service already? Chappers made the mistake of not booking hers straight away and was told she could have to wait up to 6 weeks to get it in. Luckily she managed to get it in earlier through contacts. But in theory, 9 more days and you'll be due yours. Glad you're liking it. :mand:

Lucky bu99er!!

Guzzirider
26-06-2006, 07:38 PM
Have you booked it in for its first 600 mile service already? Chappers made the mistake of not booking hers straight away and was told she could have to wait up to 6 weeks to get it in. Luckily she managed to get it in earlier through contacts. But in theory, 9 more days and you'll be due yours. Glad you're liking it. :mand:

Lucky bu99er!!

I am off abroad for 3 weeks on Saturday so I won't get to finish running it for some time now. Ducati Leeds said their workshop is not too busy as long as I don't want it done within a week so I will book it in upon my return.

Just did another 30 miles this evening and got it wet for the first time- don't have to worry about keeping it clean now!

cheers

Guy