PDA

View Full Version : For Sale Section

Chappers
01-06-2006, 09:32 AM
Is it worth maybe having the For Sale section broken down into bike specific sections so it's easier for members to scan through and find what they are looking for?

ie. M600, M620, M750 blah blah

and then maybe have a miscellaneous bit for odds and ends?

Pedro
01-06-2006, 12:06 PM
Ahh, but the vast majority of accessories fit most monsters....

Bodybag
01-06-2006, 12:13 PM
I think Chappers means have a seperate section for each type of bike i.e. 600's for sale, 750's for sale etc then a seperate section just for the sale of accessories.

Will
01-06-2006, 12:22 PM
Is it worth maybe having the For Sale section broken down into bike specific sections so it's easier for members to scan through and find what they are looking for?

ie. M600, M620, M750 blah blah

and then maybe have a miscellaneous bit for odds and ends?

Everything will end up filed under miscellaneous anway - 'cos people are lazy :-)

Chappers
01-06-2006, 12:24 PM
I think Chappers means have a seperate section for each type of bike i.e. 600's for sale, 750's for sale etc then a seperate section just for the sale of accessories.

Exactly what I meant :dizzy:

Chappers
01-06-2006, 12:26 PM
Everything will end up filed under miscellaneous anway - 'cos people are lazy :-)

Moderators won't let that happen :mand:

CK & AK
01-06-2006, 12:26 PM
or even just 2 sections:

Bikes for sale

and

Parts/accessories/other

C:)

Dave G
01-06-2006, 01:07 PM
Umm,is the 'for sale' section really big enough to warrant splitting it?

markus
01-06-2006, 01:30 PM
It might not be a huge section as it is, but i'm all for making things easier.

Chappers
01-06-2006, 02:20 PM
or even just 2 sections:

Bikes for sale

and

Parts/accessories/other

Yeah, something like this that makes it easier for people to rummage through.

Mand
01-06-2006, 08:02 PM
I take on board your comments and I will have a word with Mr FB when I get a spare chance.

It doesn't help though when people post things in this section and they aren't selling anything! :mand:

Mand
01-06-2006, 08:04 PM
or even just 2 sections:

Bikes for sale

and

Parts/accessories/other

That is a good idea. We will see.......

bobob
02-06-2006, 12:19 AM
Sorry Mand I feel slightly responsible there... :( When I first joined (not very long ago), I chucked up a thread about me searching for a bike in the for sale section without really thinking about it.... now its 6 pages long and completely in the wrong category...... please forgive me.... have mercy on me..... (I am open to offers of beatings..??), seriously though, sorry, can we move the thread to the 'wants' section at all?

Mand
02-06-2006, 05:48 AM
Sorry Mand I feel slightly responsible there... :( When I first joined (not very long ago), I chucked up a thread about me searching for a bike in the for sale section without really thinking about it.... now its 6 pages long and completely in the wrong category...... please forgive me.... have mercy on me..... (I am open to offers of beatings..??), seriously though, sorry, can we move the thread to the 'wants' section at all?

Shhhh now! There is nothing to be sorry about! (Mand has just stepped into mummy mode now).

I do think it is a good idea to have a bikes for sale and a parts/accessories separate section. I haven't had much of a chance to sort anything out though. Unfortunately work has overtaken my social life :rolleyes:

It was always good to hear feedback and obviously see how we can improve things.

Mind you I don't guarantee me being on the forum this weekend, the sun is shining (which makes a nice change) there is BSB at Mallory and I intend to ride my bike! :chuckle: :chuckle:

Chappers
03-06-2006, 11:25 PM
And what about a little section dedicated for Ebay Links where people have found things on Ebay that may be of interest to others?

nick40
04-06-2006, 11:38 AM
Why not keep it simple Maybe:

Bikes for sale

Parts for sale

Drugs for sale

Just an Idea

Nick

Chaos Inc.
08-06-2006, 04:30 PM
But you would need sub categories such as depressants, halucinogenics, carbonics, titaniumics, stimulants, Rizomants, amphetamines, legal, non-legal, Termignonines, etc.

nik_the_brief
08-06-2006, 04:39 PM
Could we have a part exchange section too?

A bit like the Multi Coloured Swap Shop but for Monster parts...

Perhaps:

Will swap kidney for a pair of Termignonis or

Will swap wife and all my children for Marchesini's Monster

that kinda thing.

Obviously without Noel Edmonds, that drunken tw*t who married Maggie Philbin and John Craven, that would be just stupid.

By the way Simon I'd be tempted on that second one!! :mand:

Lady-Bob
08-06-2006, 09:39 PM
Obviously without Noel Edmonds, that drunken tw*t who married Maggie Philbin and John Craven, that would be just stupid.

Noel Edmonds married John Craven .... when did that happen???? How could I have missed that? :eek:

I thought Maggie Philbin married Keith Chegwin? :toilet:

Lady-Bob
08-06-2006, 09:42 PM

Ah - HAH! We find the cuplrit.

No mercy for you my pretty....

Mand is ruthless - or is that Julie when Ruths gone out for the day??!

Anyway, Mand is ruthless and will make you pay pay PAY for your errors ... mwaah-hah hah! :nash: :rolleyes:

nik_the_brief
08-06-2006, 09:48 PM
Noel Edmonds married John Craven .... when did that happen???? How could I have missed that? :eek:

I thought Maggie Philbin married Keith Chegwin? :toilet:

I was referring to 3 people in total:

Noel Edmonds

Keith Chegwin (the drunken twat who married Maggie Philbin)

and John Craven

capisce?